Shame on the fans

Dec 10, 2014
How is it possible to wake up today and be agitated or even disgraced?

The showing of our fans yesterday. Pathetic. We didn't sell out, but we sold out. In section four, people were leaving in droves with seven minutes left in the fourth. I made sure to give every single one of them my two cents. Awful. The Gators have to get better, but so do we.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
AND That is when you need the fans the most. Close game you gotta scream your lungs out. I know cause I did it for 40 years.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That is bad when the game can definitely still be won. I hope the students didn't leave early.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Especially for ones who say they are coming by a tailgate.... and never show up.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well let it be known, I didn't leave my entertainment room dammit! I admit I was shaking my head and despondent at the 12 minute mark, but under 5 minutes, I was licking the screen... :yes:

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Gator Fever;n286472 said:
That is bad when the game can definitely still be won. I hope the students didn't leave early.

Leave early? Didn't you see the huge empty patches in the east stands? They never showed up

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Chump did that to us unfortunately. It's been so long (decade) since we actually mounted s comeback in a game that the fans needed to see one before they'd ever believe it would happen again. Got a feeling you won't see early exits anymore though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
fetch

Students suck.

Attachments

• conv_4633.jpg
    conv_4633.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 15

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Swamp Queen;n286508 said:
fetch

Students suck.

Agreed. Kudos to that guy in the gray shirt, though, for pointing out to the vol fan where the winning touchdown would be scored. You just don't see that kind of hospitality any more.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n286500 said:
Chump did that to us unfortunately. It's been so long (decade) since we actually mounted s comeback in a game that the fans needed to see one before they'd ever believe it would happen again. Got a feeling you won't see early exits anymore though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's right. In the last few years, we knew we were toast if the opposing team got up a TD. There will be a greater number next week and my prediction is that we will "shock the world" and give those Mississippians a whippin'.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hard for me to be too critical when I watched from home, as well. You can't erase four years of despair in just a few games. Last night will go a long way in helping restore the faith in the program.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hated seeing those bald spots in the east stands. Verne Lundquist noted them early on and said "don't worry those will fill" and they didn't.

Reported paid "attendance" was 90k+, so these were likely blocks that simply decided to stay at the frat house and drink or something. The UAA ought to suspend their right to have blocks if so. Or if it's sold student tickets that were not used, they should market the heck out of the live experience to them.

GatorGriff

May 29, 2015
The student section has become pathetic to what it used to be. They are letting in way to many nerds who would rather spend their Saturdays studying at the library

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Theologator;286538 said:
Hated seeing those bald spots in the east stands. Verne Lundquist noted them early on and said "don't worry those will fill" and they didn't.

Reported paid "attendance" was 90k+, so these were likely blocks that simply decided to stay at the frat house and drink or something. The UAA ought to suspend their right to have blocks if so. Or if it's sold student tickets that were not used, they should market the heck out of the live experience to them.

It's definitely blocks that didn't bother to show up. I'm all for suspending block privileges for that crap.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my view. Didn't get the missing block on the student side but the rest of the stadium was packed...and hot...

Attachments

• conv_4636.jpg
    conv_4636.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 12

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
IDK ?? That bald spot seems to run into the UT student section -- could the absentees be UT failures ?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had to work late last night and didn't get to even start watching the game till after 11p. Needless to say, there were many times I started to turn the damn thing off and go to bed but I just couldn't. I can't. I have to watch the whole game from beginning to end. It's just my nature.

I I went to bed after 2a this morning fired up. Jacked up, actually. Hard to sleep after that.

Oh, and as for those students... I wondered who's seats those were. Crazy that students get tix on the 40 yard line. It looked terrible on TV.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n286491 said:
Well let it be known, I didn't leave my entertainment room dammit! I admit I was shaking my head and despondent at the 12 minute mark, but under 5 minutes, I was licking the screen... :yes:

Licking the screen? That's gold lolol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator