Sharing a few thoughts...

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cover2 mentions negativity on this board and everyone agrees........ talk about pot and kettle!

My take, this board is no more negative than any other fan board I've ever been on. Just seems like when The Mighty Gators are struggling, we attack each other more often and there is a "gang" mentality on all sports boards.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My take is different. It the unique personalities that make GatorChatter so fun for me. Some are more negative, some positive, some realists...ect.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well overall I thought that we had a good showing the other night, then again we had a pretty good showing before the 2014 season. There's a long 4 and a half months to go before we find out if this team is as good on the field with different color jerseys in front of them. We also have to get through the off season....you know the bar fights, grass smoking, car stealing, domestic disturbances, robbing, raping and all the other BS that CFB players seem to get caught doing in late spring and summer. Once we get past all that we'll find out what we got for next fall....and if some posters are skeptical until then it could be from the last 6 games of last season. They were almost like stepping back into 2013 for me. That may be where some of this "negative" feeling comes from. The last time I saw this team on the field it looked pretty bad, and worse yet it looked like some guys quit and some players and coaches didn't give a sh!t...I hope I'm wrong but until I see differently next season I'm stuck in wait and see mode.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the comments. Seems like there is more of a positive vibe after the spring game, which is very welcome in my parts. Yeah, I take our sports pretty seriously and have to admit that the infighting among our fans (whether on a message board, in person, or however) bothers me way more than anything a rival says or does. Critical conversations are a part of the boards and can generate a lot of good discussions and avenues for thought, but when they decay into constant insults of players/personnel or other posters, then what is really being accomplished? Certainly not a united front, which is what I always thought was the important thing for fans of a school or team to do in order to support something that they believe in. Kind of hokey? Maybe to some, but I think it is important lest we finally throw the dirt on top of the casket in which loyalty now lies. The type fan you are, in my estimation, should be similar to the old adage about character and doing what is right even when no one is watching...are you the same type of fan when your team drops some games as you are when they are riding high? Might be asking too much these days!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well overall I thought that we had a good showing the other night, then again we had a pretty good showing before the 2014 season. There's a long 4 and a half months to go before we find out if this team is as good on the field with different color jerseys in front of them. We also have to get through the off season....you know the bar fights, grass smoking, car stealing, domestic disturbances, robbing, raping and all the other BS that CFB players seem to get caught doing in late spring and summer. Once we get past all that we'll find out what we got for next fall....and if some posters are skeptical until then it could be from the last 6 games of last season. They were almost like stepping back into 2013 for me. That may be where some of this "negative" feeling comes from. The last time I saw this team on the field it looked pretty bad, and worse yet it looked like some guys quit and some players and coaches didn't give a sh!t...I hope I'm wrong but until I see differently next season I'm stuck in wait and see mode.

I agree with this. Last year was a good overall year that exceeded expectations, but the season ended so poorly and embarrassingly that it felt like a Muschamp year when it was over. We really needed a good spring and Mac delivered. Let's just hope this momentum carries over into the Fall.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I agree with this. Last year was a good overall year that exceeded expectations, but the season ended so poorly and embarrassingly that it felt like a Muschamp year when it was over. We really needed a good spring and Mac delivered. Let's just hope this momentum carries over into the Fall.

I think it was due to the offensive woes. The defense couldnt carry the team and with our oline and Harris at QB, things went south.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
People love them some Cover. Tapatalk has his post with 4 likes. But when I checked online it had 17 likes. From a relatively benign post.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the comments. Seems like there is more of a positive vibe after the spring game, which is very welcome in my parts. Yeah, I take our sports pretty seriously and have to admit that the infighting among our fans (whether on a message board, in person, or however) bothers me way more than anything a rival says or does. Critical conversations part of the boards, can generate a lot of good discussion avenues for thought, but when they decay into constant insults of players/personnel or other posters, then what is really being accomplished? Certainly not a united front, which is what I always thought was the important thing for fans of a school or team to do in order to support something that they believe in. Kind of hokey? Maybe to some, but I think it is important lest we finally throw the dirt on top of the casket in which loyalty now lies. The type fan you are, in my estimation, should be similar to the old adage about character and doing what is right even when no one is watching...are you the same type of fan when your team drops some games as you are when they are riding high? Might be asking too much these days!

... trouble is on here, so many avenues for thought sit on soft shoulders.??

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Certainly not a united front, which is what I always thought was the important thing for fans of a school or team to do in order to support something that they believe in. Kind of hokey? Maybe to some, but I think it is important lest we finally throw the dirt on top of the casket in which loyalty now lies. The type fan you are, in my estimation, should be similar to the old adage about character and doing what is right even when no one is watching...are you the same type of fan when your team drops some games as you are when they are riding high? Might be asking too much these days!
means: In all kinds of weather................

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
People love them some Cover. Tapatalk has his post with 4 likes. But when I checked online it had 17 likes. From a relatively benign post.

Its not that people love them some Cover, its that people agree with this part of his post...

*This the first time I've felt like posting in a while. I usually drop by and read most days, but quite frankly, I've grown very weary of the constant negativity where Gator sports, especially football and basketball are concerned. As such, this place has all the appeal of a visit to the morgue for me right now. I know that this is a place for opinions, but it sure seems that the contrasting ones are predominant ("pumpers" vs. "realists," for example) and for me, at least, it has come to suck all the enjoyment out of talking Gator sports. Not demanding that anybody change (that's not my job), just hoping I can. Go Gators.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The guy could take a dump in here and people would like his post. I think it has to do with the Avatar and people think that's actually him talking.

In addition, it's the same old complaining about complainers.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NV bows down to nobody.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16152-1374596361-0.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays