Sharing a few thoughts...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Repartee, wit, inside gigs, trolling, solid info, knowledgeable opinion, dumb opinion, humor, friendship, word-play and many others make this the best Gator board.....if we can't have some fun, what's the point?

Cover2's contribution is obviously an extremely welcomed part of this board. Please post more, Cover. Law and his types are just trying to keep things stirred up so the board is not dead during the off season. Not a single soul thinks Trask is seriously trash nor half the other crap posted to keep the convos going.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You dont really believe that do you?

I think the kid has passed every test Mac has given him with flying colors and that is pretty impressive to me. QB is something Mac needs no help evaluating or teaching.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the kid has passed every test Mac has given him with flying colors and that is pretty impressive to me. QB is something Mac needs no help evaluating or teaching.
Watching Mac coach up franks after his 3rd pick was one of the most impressive things I'd seen Friday night. He calmed the kid down explained what throw is there in that situation. Franks responded positively to his coaching and put a good drive together at the end.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The guy could take a dump in here and people would like his post. I think it has to do with the Avatar and people think that's actually him talking.

In addition, it's the same old complaining about complainers.
Probably a generational thing. Of course I do look quite a bit like the old cow hand in the avatar. Can't fault me if it's friendlier than a Police Sketch Artist's rendering ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Mac coach up franks after his 3rd pick was one of the most impressive things I'd seen Friday night. He calmed the kid down explained what throw is there in that situation. Franks responded positively to his coaching and put a good drive together at the end.

None of this?

eyes-4_3.jpg

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I completely agree. Its the haters you need to convince.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Heard this story on John Wayne told by Joey Bishop who witnessed it.
The boys were out drinking and returned to one's hotel room. The "smart-allec" of the group
brag-bet $50 to Wayne that he could stand on one corner of his handkerchief with Wayne on
the other and Wayne would not be able to knock him off the hanky. Wayne took that bet. Then the
guy went over to the bathroom doorjamb, spread the hanky there, shut the bathroom door and stood
on it and challenged: "Now you can't knock me off." Wayne punched completely through the door and
Martin, Sinatra, and Bishop all stated when they opened the door, the guy was on the bath floor still groggy.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Repartee, wit, inside gigs, trolling, solid info, knowledgeable opinion, dumb opinion, humor, friendship, word-play and many others make this the best Gator board.....if we can't have some fun, what's the point?
Yep......I think most posters are a little anxious and those are the ones who sometimes voice opinions that aren't always popular. I fall into that category myself but that doesn't mean I'm not a loyal fan. I'd rather hear a variety opinions good or bad as opposed to being censored like on some other boards. Hell I wouldn't even mind if we had a few reasonable rival posters just to get an outside perspective on our program from time to time.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Probably a generational thing. Of course I do look quite a bit like the old cow hand in the avatar. Can't fault me if it's friendlier than a Police Sketch Artist's rendering ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

So basically, you're older than dirt?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So basically, you're older than dirt?
That's about the size of it. More miles behind me than in front. Still got plenty of sand left. What about you?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

maxresdefault.jpg

If it's a generational thing, then we are in sad shape because you stand for values like leadership, character and integrity. Maybe my sarcasm detector is broke, but it appears some here don't recognize what you're talking about.

Btw - I DO believe it's The Duke who's talking when you post.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The guy could take a dump in here and people would like his post. I think it has to do with the Avatar and people think that's actually him talking.
You mean it's not?
:shocked:

I will say that I was hoping to hear a more detailed analysis though. We need to buy Cover a DVR. I also miss DWC and a couple of other x's and o's guys from GSMB. Sas can do it if he wants. I'd just like to see some other views. Hard to find these days.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it's a generational thing, then we are in sad shape because you stand for values like leadership, character and integrity. Maybe my sarcasm detector is broke, but it appears some here don't recognize what you're talking about.

Btw - I DO believe it's The Duke who's talking when you post.
Thanks CG. Though I personally fall short from time to time, those values you mention are important to me and are/were things I tried to develop in the students I worked with the past 25 years. It seems to be an even harder sell these days, but I believe it still needs to be espoused consistently. They'll be there when all the shallow, less important things have vanished and will carry the possessors and those they are responsible for.

You mean it's not?
:shocked:

I will say that I was hoping to hear a more detailed analysis though. We need to buy Cover a DVR. I also miss DWC and a couple of other x's and o's guys from GSMB. Sas can do it if he wants. I'd just like to see some other views. Hard to find these days.
Thanks Law. If I'd had a few less beers at the sports joint, I'd have had more to offer. I'm still trying to get the old Beta Max to record the Gator events I miss. This thread has worked to rejuvenate me (or get my back up), so I believe I'll be back to my old analyses pretty soon. Can't let the youngsters and any malcontents push me into early retirement! Still a few names to take and asses to kick before rolling over for the last time.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

In addition, it's the same old complaining about complainers.

Thanks for spreading your sunshine NV...

turd.png

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2015 was a weird season with all the peaks and valleys. We went in with total uncertainty and after the Tennessee game anything seemed possible. If the loss of Grier and the final three games of the season wasn't bad enough, it got even worse when Papa Grier tried to hold the program ransom and Mac (wisely) responded over my dead body.

Del Rio looks like a seasoned vet who can get the ball to any receiver if we can just figure a way to block for the guy. (Doesn't it always come down to that?) Come busting out of the gate with wins and the fans will be back on board the wagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.