So why is this different?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
This had the potential to go down as one of the all-time greats...and I say this before the inevitable memes start appearing, so the sky's the limit.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Because unlike Muschamp, he has head coaching experience. He's also methodical and levelheaded, and actually believes in scoring points unlike Chump who is an out of control raging maniac on the sideline who thinks a punt is the most successful offensive play.

Because unlike McElwain and Mullen, he brings a much better win percentage as a HC. Also unlike those 2 dooshnozzels, he's not a complete off-putting weirdo lazy-ass.

Because unlike any of the previous 3, he has the benefit of the new facilities and full support from administration to build a top tier support staff on par with the top programs size and budget.

In other words he's proven to be a winner as a HC, isn't a maniac or a dooshbag making him a much more effective recruiter, and he has the actual administrative support and budget to compete with the top programs. Other than that, you're right, I can't see any differences:headslap:
Thanks for the only attempt at discussing this relevant topic which would be acceptable on any other sports message board.
So lets explore this a little.

One Muschamp HAD HCIW experience despite his shortcomings and anything else mentioned....and like this hire in the beginning I saw the same excitement in the hire. .....check.
Two I've been hearing about "facilities" and upgrades since 2012(?)....check.
Three Mac won at his directional school too before coming here and many were proclaiming we are the new Bama...check.

Four despite not being able to express my feelings and being unjustly labeled as a hater about the hire I have tried repeatedly to say I'm OK with it AS A PLAB B. but I always swing for the fences on the first pitch and would expect a historical giant in CFB to do the same.....he's here all I'm asking is why it is a instant HR to everyone else.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Because unlike Muschamp, he has head coaching experience. He's also methodical and levelheaded, and actually believes in scoring points unlike Chump who is an out of control raging maniac on the sideline who thinks a punt is the most successful offensive play.

Because unlike McElwain and Mullen, he brings a much better win percentage as a HC. Also unlike those 2 dooshnozzels, he's not a complete off-putting weirdo lazy-ass.

Because unlike any of the previous 3, he has the benefit of the new facilities and full support from administration to build a top tier support staff on par with the top programs size and budget.

In other words he's proven to be a winner as a HC, isn't a maniac or a dooshbag making him a much more effective recruiter, and he has the actual administrative support and budget to compete with the top programs. Other than that, you're right, I can't see any differences:headslap:

This...

And he's not Darth Vader or dancing with his QB on the sidelines. He's also not pretending to be Southern like Kelly.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Thanks for the only attempt at discussing this relevant topic which would be acceptable on any other sports message board.
So lets explore this a little.

One Muschamp HAD HCIW experience despite his shortcomings and anything else mentioned....and like this hire in the beginning I saw the same excitement in the hire. .....check.
Two I've been hearing about "facilities" and upgrades since 2012(?)....check.
Three Mac won at his directional school too before coming here and many were proclaiming we are the new Bama...check.

Four despite not being able to express my feelings and being unjustly labeled as a hater about the hire I have tried repeatedly to say I'm OK with it AS A PLAB B. but I always swing for the fences on the first pitch and would expect a historical giant in CFB to do the same.....he's here all I'm asking is why it is a instant HR to everyone else.

Swinging for the fences?....See LSU

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since the other thread is locked and I never got a real debate will someone tell me why this hire is SSSSOOOO different that the last 3....Lets look at some similarities to begin with.

-No P5 experience just like Muschamp, Butters and in reality Mullen since he only loses to P5 schools.

-First and only offer just like the others.

-No big name just like the others.

For the record I'm ok with the guy as a Plan B but I still haven't got a rational discussion or debate about this.
upload_2021-12-14_19-22-22.jpeg

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Since the other thread is locked and I never got a real debate will someone tell me why this hire is SSSSOOOO different that the last 3....Lets look at some similarities to begin with.

-No P5 experience just like Muschamp, Butters and in reality Mullen since he only loses to P5 schools.

-First and only offer just like the others.

-No big name just like the others.

For the record I'm ok with the guy as a Plan B but I still haven't got a rational discussion or debate about this.
Meyer came from the Mountain West Conference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator