SOURCE: Mullen safe, staff is not; was mass "flu" a player revolt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Probably. Meh. I’m with you but that’s not the case. They’ll muster a couple wins for pride and lose the other 2 due to lack of preparation. I say we lose the road games, win the home games and we’ll all be apathetic to next year with Doochebag Dan.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Perhaps Coon Azz hiring Joe Brady and Dave Arranda got them to the promised land. Arranda stayed a few years and Brady stayed 1. I will take those results in that short period of time. But not happening here. As bad as Farmer Fran is as a HC, he is the polar opposite of Cousin Eddie in one area. Both are total Dog Shyt as HC's, but one thinks he is ALWAYS the smartest person in the room, the other knew he was nowhere near the smartest person in the room. You figure out which is which.

Ogre is infinitely better as a head coach than Cousin Eddie will ever be.

Go Gators

Dec 13, 2020
Oh I agree. Like I said I don’t know much at all about him. Neuheisel was pumping him up.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
This is so depressing even SOS wore a Duke hat to the game. And now this great news that nothing will change. Maybe FSU humiliating us may change striklins mind but I doubt it.
News? :rolleyes:

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I think I see a big part of the problem. There is no way these two Fuchs aren’t related. The elder is just clearing the path for the younger’s success.

President-Fuchs-2016-Square-Portrait.jpg

upload_2021-10-31_17-18-18.jpeg

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Don’t think you are right about booster $$$. There were tons of Bulls that were firmly on board w/ Doochebag Dan in the beginning that they’re losing.
As for TV $$$, I’m not a 100% sure but I can’t imagine Vandy get the same amount of $$$ that Bama gets.
I think they get exactly the same from the league for regular season games. Share and share alike. If I remember correctly, teams split the bowl revenue with the league 50/50 after expenses. That's where Bammer gets more. There may be some increase for televised home games; I just don't know. TV is how we can spend so much money on the non-revenue sports and why Law is always ticked.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I’m surprised by that. Doesn’t make sense but I guess you get different $$$ from different TV sources. In other words mid Vandy never plays on CBS then why would they get $$$ from CBS?
Because, SEC - SEC - SEC.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Is it basketball season yet? In a bad football year, it’s always nice to be able turn my attention to basketball, where I can count on a relentless recruiter, proficient developer of raw talent, great game day coach,

uh, never mind.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Admittedly I’m not confident in the Fuchs / Stricklin decision-making prowess. I’m just afraid that given the current collegiate political climate, we may well end up with our first female head football coach. That would be worth some kind of virtue points.

If she can recruit, hire good assistants, and fire bad ones, I'm good with it.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Is it basketball season yet? In a bad football year, it’s always nice to be able turn my attention to basketball, where I can count on a relentless recruiter, proficient developer of raw talent, great game day coach,

uh, never mind.

Don't forget, there's always women's gymnastics. Go Gators! <---- In case it isn't clear, that is sarcasm.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Don’t think you are right about booster $$$. There were tons of Bulls that were firmly on board w/ Doochebag Dan in the beginning that they’re losing.
As for TV $$$, I’m not a 100% sure but I can’t imagine Vandy get the same amount of $$$ that Bama gets.
I was always under the impression the $$$ were evenly distributed.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
I was always under the impression the $$$ were evenly distributed.

The SEC had $720.6 million in total revenue for a fiscal year ending Aug. 31, 2019, according to a federal tax return that the conference provided Thursday in response to a request from USA TODAY Sports. That resulted in an average of nearly $45.3 million being distributed to the 13 member schools that received full shares. Mississippi did not get a full share because of its football team was banned from postseason play. In addition to the revenue shares, the schools that participated in 2018-19 football bowl games retained a combined total of nearly $27 million to "offset travel and other related bowl expenses", according to a statement by the conference.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2020/01/30/sec-generated-721-million-revenue-still-trails-big-ten/2856234001/

I guess the conference office keeps the difference, which is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator