SOURCE: UF NOT pursuing Chip Kelly or Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I consider this to be a relief. I definitely did not want Mullen hired, and while Chip Kelly is the "big name", he also comes with some baggage and question marks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone with twitter please help me out and re-tweet our tweet about this to your few friends.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just pray the freaking Vols or any other team in the SEC doesn't land Kelly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well just like the Hugh Freeze source this is wrong....Chip will be announced the day after the FSU game.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
...plus SEC will likely not approve.

Now that is one of the best jokes I have ever read on this board. The SEC has NOTHING to say about who UF hires no matter silly rules they pass. They certainly do not get to approve or disapprove, check with Congress and the US Attorney about that, if you doubt it.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
There are still details to be worked out....but I'm hearing he's agreed in principle...You also need to keep the interim guys motivated.
I'm not questioning you at all.

But you also have inside sources and they for sure told you this?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Mullen already has indicated no interest, so why even consider him seriously. Kelly has issues and wants a lot of freedom in recruiting. He also has little to no understanding of the SEC, florida, or the south. All major negatives.

CaGator91

Nov 16, 2015
giphy.gif

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hopefully that means Fuentes or Frost is the guy

I went through a long list of possibilities on another site. Only Frost seemed reasonable to me. All the rest had significant barriers or defects. I would be very happy if Frost is the guy and we get him signed but not announced very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.