SOURCES: Coaching rumors, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n109422 said:
If Doc Holliday is who we bring in, God help us all.

He seems to recruit Florida well and has a decent background looking at it. Why do you say that?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we're going to promote a coordinator,why wouldn't we get a coordinator from the college ranks?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Doc Holliday would be a bad hire but I think most of the fan base would not be happy with it.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
t-gator;n109417 said:
You don't remember he was trying to push for Matt cassel and they ended up trading for freaking Kyle Orton? He played a huge role in Cutler being traded

I didn't follow them that closely.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A co-worker mentioned Butch Jones to me. I can't help but laugh when I walk by him now.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n109434 said:
A co-worker mentioned Butch Jones to me. I can't help but laugh when I walk by him now.

lol - His name is popping up a lot on the Michigan job for some reason

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n109434 said:

I think I would rather see June Jones.... :rotfl:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n109416 said:
I didn't think he selected Kyle Orton. He did select Tim Tebow sort of as a flyer in the late first round. He just took a chance. Tebow was a winner in college. He hoped that it would translate to the pros. I think he was fired more likely because he took Tim Tebow and John Elway wanted nothing to do with him.

Traded for Orton plus a 1st,3rd in 2009 and 1st in 2010 for Jay Culter and a 5th. This is after a failed trade for Cassell from New England. He also traded up using up a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on a trade for Tim Tebow which most teams didn't have on their board before the 4th round. It didn't help Daniels that his record was 11-17, going 8-8 in his first year after starting 6-0, then 3-9 in the 12 games he coached in his second year. It also didn't help he was caught in 2010 video taping his opponents practices while playing the 49ers in London. Which was the major factor in the owner wanting him gone.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Please note, as far as people ensconced in their job not lying to the public = at the press conference
Foley said that he hadn't even given a thought to a replacement HC yet. Heck, I bet he started his
"HC Targets Diary" somewhere in that 7-straight loss stretch of 2013.
Also, Kerwin Bell said he'd come.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n109409 said:
I like Freeze's two-step to the Gator question on ESPN. I guess we'll be seeing a lot of that, no point in out-right dismissing the possibility.

Of all the serious candidates out there, Freeze certainly seemed to issue the least emphatic statement/denial. Stoops, Strong and Mullen were all very direct and dismissive, but Freeze came up with this fancy dance move: "I have a policy that I don't discuss my job status, good or bad. I don't think anything good comes from that. My family and I are extremely happy in Oxford. My total focus is on getting our kids ready for Arkansas."

By the way, Ole Miss averaged 16 points per game before Freeze. He has more than doubled that in his time in Oxford, averaging over 33.4 this year, oh, and he's got the #1 scoring defense in the country as well.

Would be a homerun hire.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n109439 said:
Originally posted by williston_gator View Post

I think I would rather see June Jones.... :rotfl:

Even Davy Jones would be better than that. Hey, hey we're the Monkees.... :)

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
The Original DC;n109454 said:
Of all the serious candidates out there, Freeze certainly seemed to issue the least emphatic statement/denial. Stoops, Strong and Mullen were all very direct and dismissive, but Freeze came up with this fancy dance move: "I have a policy that I don't discuss my job status, good or bad. I don't think anything good comes from that. My family and I are extremely happy in Oxford. My total focus is on getting our kids ready for Arkansas."

By the way, Ole Miss averaged 16 points per game before Freeze. He has more than doubled that in his time in Oxford, averaging over 33.4 this year, oh, and he's got the #1 scoring defense in the country as well.

Would be a homerun hire.

I like the offensive system Freeze runs better than Malzahn's. It seems less "gimmicky" but still effective, even accounting for Wallace's inconsistency.

And he didn't just say "no, I'm not interested in UF".

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n109454 said:

Would be a homerun hire.

Freeze SEC record:
3-5
3-5
4-2

Mushamp SEC record:
3-5
7-1
3-5
4-4

So far that doesn't make him a homerun hire.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just got this from one of the original sources:

Bob Stoops has not and will not be offered. Period. All energy used to follow the Bob Stoops trail is a waste of energy.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n109458 said:
Freeze SEC record:
3-5
3-5
4-2

Mushamp SEC record:
3-5
7-1
3-5
4-4

Ole Miss' SEC record before Freeze's arrival: 0-8, with an average losing score of 40 to 12.

In 2010, Ole Miss was 1-7 in the SEC, with the one win being a squeaker over Kentucky. So basically, Ole Miss' SEC record was 1-15 during the two years before Freeze, and they weren't just being beaten, they were being trounced in SEC play before his arrival.

Freeze has done an outstanding job at Ole Miss, would be championship-level with UF's talent.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n109458 said:
Freeze SEC record:
3-5
3-5
4-2

Mushamp SEC record:
3-5
7-1
3-5
4-4

Couple arguments with your response.

1. Inherited a team that had nowhere close to the caliber of players we had and have
2. Does not have the recruiting base we have yet still recruits damned good
3. Plays in the SEC west which is so much stronger than the East.

Overall record:
53–20 (college) (.743)
2–0

Overall
Bowls

To me this is light years ahead of Will Muschamp and a huge upgrade.

Btw, did I mention he is winning at Ole Piss which shouldn't be in the same class as Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator