SOURCES: Coaching rumors, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorTAG;n109203 said:
You don't think Cutcliff is a possibility? We already have his OC. He has tons of SEC experience. He's an offensive coach. And the last coach we got from Duke worked out pretty well.

Imagine where Tenn would be today if they had hired Cutcliff.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n109369 said:
Yep. And as far as not being a successful head coach, let's remember that he had Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as his quarterbacks.

That's because he stupidly traded Jay Cutler who was coming off a career season

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n109394 said:
Imagine where Tenn would be today if they had hired Cutcliff.

I would be completely happy with a Cutcliff hire. Not a sexy hire, but we would have a built in continuity plan, and he's a great coach

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n109403 said:
I would be completely happy with a Cutcliff hire. Not a sexy hire, but we would have a built in continuity plan, and he's a great coach

Continuity plan? If you are hiring someone with that in my mind then it is the wrong guy. Foley will surprise us all!

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Forgetting about the "familiarity with the SEC" from a "source" while also looking at successful head coaches that are young, I found a few that includes some we've mentioned. In no order: Matt Wells (Utah St); Matt Campbell (Toledo); Tony Levine (Houston); Joey Jones (South Alabama); Mark Hudspeth (LA-Lafayette). Although many of these are not having a great year this year and wouldn't be considered a "home run" that we would think Foley would want to go after.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Just seems to me that someone like McDaniels would leap at the first NFL opportunity if he any success here at all.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I like Freeze's two-step to the Gator question on ESPN. I guess we'll be seeing a lot of that, no point in out-right dismissing the possibility.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n109369 said:
Yep. And as far as not being a successful head coach, let's remember that he had Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as his quarterbacks.

Well, he was the gm... what kind of quarterbacks would he recruit? :dunno:

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n109407 said:
Just seems to me that someone like McDaniels would leap at the first NFL opportunity if he any success here at all.

I would agree, but I just don't see this due to NE likely heading to the playoffs. The timing of his arrival and ability to pull together a coaching staff would seem to be an issue.

In All Kinds Of Weather

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if this has any barring on whether or not Stoops would become the coach at Florida so take it fwiw, but his agent, Neil Cornrich, is also Bill Belichick's agent. We all know how big of a Gator fan Belichick is. Stoops also has property on Crescent Beach next to Spurrier, Donovan, and Foley. It just all seems to click and makes sense that Stoops would be the guy. I think they'll announce it after December 7th and before Christmas Day.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;109411 said:
Well, he was the gm... what kind of quarterbacks would he recruit? :dunno:

I didn't think he selected Kyle Orton. He did select Tim Tebow sort of as a flyer in the late first round. He just took a chance. Tebow was a winner in college. He hoped that it would translate to the pros. I think he was fired more likely because he took Tim Tebow and John Elway wanted nothing to do with him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n109405 said:
Didn't realize he was the GM. Good to know.

You don't remember he was trying to push for Matt cassel and they ended up trading for freaking Kyle Orton? He played a huge role in Cutler being traded

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;109398 said:
That's because he stupidly traded Jay Cutler who was coming off a career season

Cutler was a complete cancer in the locker room. All the talent in the world but the social skills of a stump. The Bears haven't done shît with Cutler at the helm.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am surprised Doc Holliday isn't mentioned a little more as he fits Foleys previous actions a little (as far as all sports go anyway) except for being 57.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n109419 said:
Cutler was a complete cancer in the locker room. All the talent in the world but the social skills of a stump. The Bears haven't done shît with Cutler at the helm.

Braden Marshall seems to love Cutler. Maybe they are both the problem in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator