SOURCES: Coaching rumors, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
For all the talk about Gundy, he really only has had 3 good years ('10, '11, '13) and is team is currently headed the wrong way. I just don't see Foley going after this guy.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheSaintThing05;n109329 said:
I've got a suspicion it'll be Josh McDaniels. He fits the Bill on what Foley described. I hope I am wrong.

He's never been a coach at the collegiate level. I don't think Foley is willing to gamble on that again. Just my two cents.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n109340 said:
I keep hearing Foley wants someone with familiarity with the SEC, as always. McDaniels doesn't have any.

Not that I think it will be mcdaniels. But I just don't see how they're going to stick by the criteria of sec familiarity. Not a lot of guys to choose from

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
t-gator;n109347 said:
Not that I think it will be mcdaniels. But I just don't see how they're going to stick by the criteria of sec familiarity. Not a lot of guys to choose from
And I don't think Foley has ever said that's in his search criteria.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n109342 said:
For all the talk about Gundy, he really only has had 3 good years ('10, '11, '13) and is team is currently headed the wrong way. I just don't see Foley going after this guy.

I don't think you gotta worry they aren't going to hire someone coming off a losing record

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n109347 said:

I think the "familiarity" of the SEC (if true) is being lost on having to have coached. The candidate may have been a grad-assistant or even a player. Mark Hudspeth comes to mind as a candidate that was with Miss St. I'm not sure he's a great candidate, but he does fit some of the criteria mentioned. Overall I would agree with you that if the familiarity of the SEC is in fact a criteria, then the list dwindles down considerably to only a few with "character" traits that Foley would want OR it's someone he's going to poach from a current SEC team.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gulfstream;n109314 said:
From another thread:

This criteria was just reiterated to me by someone. This is already pretty much known, but it's being confirmed from someone else:

- Experience as a head coach
- Good offenses
- Good recruiter
- Familiar with SEC

Now, seeing "good recruiter" leads me to believe it's either a current or former college coach. Would eliminate someone like Jim Harbaugh for example.

James Franklin ?

Did you forget about Harbaugh coaching at Stanford?

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be TOTALLY upset if it's McDaniels..but the "no head coaching experience" aspect and also the fact I think he wants, ultimately, another head coaching job in the NFL and not college makes me believe even if he agrees to come it's not guarantee it works and he may up and leave first NFL Head Coaching offer he gets. Same with Jon Gruden. Doubt he'd stay long even if he does come.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So how many coaches have been rumored to have been contacted by Foley?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Leroy Jenkins;n109354 said:
I wouldn't be TOTALLY upset if it's McDaniels..but the "no head coaching experience" aspect and also the fact I think he wants, ultimately, another head coaching job in the NFL and not college makes me believe even if he agrees to come it's not guarantee it works and he may up and leave first NFL Head Coaching offer he gets. Same with Jon Gruden. Doubt he'd stay long even if he does come.

McDaniels was head coach of the Broncos for about 2 years. So the "no head coaching experience" doesn't apply to McDaniels.

Free Gator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Follow the coaches' wives Real Estate brokers. That is the one true reliable source we can count on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I keep banging on the sources who think it's Stoops for more clarification. Just got this:

I can't give a for sure answer because nobody REALLY knows. But everything I've heard indicates that Stoops is their guy.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
A lot of people on here are going to be verrrrry disappointed when the announcement is finally made and it's going to be faaaaaaaaabulous!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;109356 said:
McDaniels was head coach of the Broncos for about 2 years. So the "no head coaching experience" doesn't apply to McDaniels.

Yep. And as far as not being a successful head coach, let's remember that he had Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as his quarterbacks.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n109356 said:

But wouldn't the problem with McDaniels be that 1) he'd always have an eye on the NFL; 2) he has no college coaching experience as well as recruiting; 3) he would be tied up with NE until their season is over which may include the playoffs - placing him dangerously close to signing day?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Tell_me_loki.gif

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n109363 said:
A lot of people on here are going to be verrrrry disappointed when the announcement is finally made and it's going to be faaaaaaaaabulous!

Yup. I think I read something funny on this board recently that the fan base will soon be reunited. I'd like to believe that, but there's just as good a chance there will be a loud, vocal minority of dissenters no matter who is hired

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gosh I hope it's not mcdaniels he's a skinnier Charlie Weiss. Tom Brady is that offensive coordinator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator