Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n109288 said:
Well get pissed off. They aren't coming for a variety of reasons. That doesn't men its not a great gig but we don't have the pick of the litter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Don't have the pick of the litter? Who wouldn't want to come to Florida, a top 5 program? Easy recruiting grounds, don't even really have to go out of state that much. The greatest and most passionate fans in all of the country. And Wasn't it reported that G-Ville was one of the best college towns to live in? But yeah, we don't have the pick of the litter. Think again, Einstein

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TheBigClaw;n109291 said:
Don't have the pick of the litter? Who wouldn't want to come to Florida, a top 5 program? Easy recruiting grounds, don't even really have to go out of state that much. The greatest and most passionate fans in all of the country. And Wasn't it reported that G-Ville was one of the best college towns to live in? But yeah, we don't have the pick of the litter. Think again, Einstein

Zook was the pick of the litter? Mushphrum I'll give u was a up and comer, but neither the proverbial pick of the litter. Litter box, with the benefit of hindsight.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n109291 said:

Kelly...not coming. Stoops....not coming. Harbaugh...not coming. You want more? We don't have the pick of the litter. Get used to it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sumlin...not coming. Saban...not coming. Miles...not coming. Malzahn...not coming. I can go on and on but I figure you get the point, Einstein.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GBHOR;n109293 said:
Zook was the pick of the litter? Mushphrum I'll give u was a up and comer, but neither the proverbial pick of the litter. Litter box, with the benefit of hindsight.

Don't infuse logic or realism...some of us can't deal with reality.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
T REX;n109295 said:
Sumlin...not coming. Saban...not coming. Miles...not coming. Malzahn...not coming. I can go on and on but I figure you get the point, Einstein.

Jesus...not coming. Obama....not coming. Santa....not coming.

Now we are on a roll Trax. Oh last name you said....Einstein....not coming.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know Jay Gruden's son from high school, his dad will be our next head coach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n109299 said:
Jesus...not coming. Obama....not coming. Santa....not coming.

Now we are on a roll Trax. Oh last name you said....Einstein....not coming.

I mentioned Jesus yesterday...lol. I'm not trying to be a jerk but we don't have the pick of the litter. The best of the best are entrenched at their current jobs.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
can someone write up a summary on the conclusion (conventional wisdom (sic)) from yesterday?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n109294 said:
Kelly...not coming. Stoops....not coming. Harbaugh...not coming. You want more? We don't have the pick of the litter. Get used to it.

I'd say we do have the pick of the litter. It's who's in the litter is what's confusing everyone

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Here is my 2 cents. As much as I would like it to be either Be Kelly, Harbaugh, or Carrol it's not! All are in "Playoff" races. If the next coach is coming from the NFL it will have to be an OC or DC. I think Stoops and Peterino are "in the running" but I think it's going to be someone "off the radar".

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
From another thread:

This criteria was just reiterated to me by someone. This is already pretty much known, but it's being confirmed from someone else:

- Experience as a head coach
- Good offenses
- Good recruiter
- Familiar with SEC

Now, seeing "good recruiter" leads me to believe it's either a current or former college coach. Would eliminate someone like Jim Harbaugh for example.

James Franklin ?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We are a top 5/10 school. We can't get anybody we want.. nobody can. Not Alabama, not Texas, nobody can just go get any coach they want. Some coaches are just happy where they are regardless of the school offering a job.

I don't think Foley has his guy yet. I don't think any of the "sources" have a clue. I thought I remember Foley saying he wants SEC experience and McElwain has it, not sure about the rest of these guys.

I don't think it will be Stoops.

I still think it could be McElwain (even with his buyout)
I still want Patterson
I wouldn't mind Hudspeth
I would take Graham

Not interested in Gundy.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I just get this strange feeling it will be an off-the-radar type hire..maybe someone up and coming and "hot" like Urban but probably a young guy with at least SOME 'head' coaching experience...Foley usually seems to go after younger guys that can be here a long time (Spurrier (coulda been here forever), Meyer (ditto), Bill Donovan (could be a lifer), even Tim Walton (don't see him leaving any time soon))

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I've got a suspicion it'll be Josh McDaniels. He fits the Bill on what Foley described. I hope I am wrong.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NEW NEW UPDATE - It's source wars! :lol:

Well first of all, your last source indicated that Jimmy Sexton is Bob Stoops' agent and has not been contacted. I believe that Sexton has not been contacted because he is not Stoops' agent. It is Neil Conrich who HAS been contacted. The coach that I told you had been reached out to after the Missouri game was indeed Bob Stoops. It's not a lock as you know nothing in coaching ever is. But it is not a long shot either.
I would think the question as to who Bob Stoops agent is would be pretty easy to find out.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think most people poopooed my post last week mentioning Josh McDaniels as a potential coaching candidate. Well, turns out I'm not the only one who's thinking about him.

http://florida.scout.com/story/1481306-the-gators-first-calls-for-new-coach?s=168
[h=1]THE GATORS' FIRST CALLS FOR NEW COACH[/h] Josh McDaniels (New England Patriots OC) Current Record (7-2)

1430162.jpg

Why he would get the call: He is currently an assistant coach and was a head coach in the NFL already. He certainly wants a head coaching job. All of that offensive knowledge and his resume will scream to offensive recruits to come to the University of Florida. He’s also the perfect age that Foley likes to shoot for in a head coach at 38 years old.
Why he would: He undoubtedly wants a head coaching gig again. He can come to Florida, not worry about the draft and get those high caliber offensive players he desires for this level.
Obstacles: Maybe he is just an NFL guy. But, the money that college programs throw around now is just as good as NFL money when talking about the big time programs. His only stint in college was as a graduate assistant in 1999.
Story Lines: He was Tim Tebow’s first NFL head coach.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not too high on Graham. He's supposed to be a defensive coach but his defenses are not impressive. He's ridden the coat tails of. Guz malzhan Chad Morris and Mike Novell up the the career ladder. He also left Pittsburgh in a Bobby petrino kinda way. I'd be somewhat disappointed if he was hired.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I keep hearing Foley wants someone with familiarity with the SEC, as always. McDaniels doesn't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.