SOURCES: Coaching rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Law98gator;n121155 said:
SSDD. Run up the middle and less than 200 yards in the air.

Were we dominated on the ground, yes. Is that what we want, more mushball, no. Whether you agree or not, that decision has already been made.

If we wanted 3 yards and a clowd of dust and close losses, your boy Chimp wouldnt be unemployed.
The only difference is that McElwain had the likes of Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson and one of the best Olines in modern history. The reason they ran so much is simply because they could. That's not Mushball. That's who Muschamp wanted to become but failed miserably. You can win big any way you choose with the correct personnel. We haven't had enough to do either run or pass consistently. I don't care how we win, or by how much, if we win 10+consistently.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n121165 said:
Tgator you're my man, but all that garbage thats here gotta go.even if it means gambling on mce . I'm not a fan of mc, but we need to start from ground zero. Foley has set us back at least 5 years by retaining chump. Time to start over

I've waited this long I'd be willing to wait a little longer

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
t-gator;n121175 said:
I've waited this long I'd be willing to wait a little longer
Exactly why we must start over, gatornation has been humiliated and humbled so we are willing to wait and be patient. Just my opinion

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still say that we don't necessarily need a "splash". UF will recruit itself, and there's plenty of talent here. We need a coach similar to SOS who can coach and scheme. Don't really care who it is so long as they can extract the production out of the potential.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n121165 said:
Tgator you're my man, but all that garbage thats here gotta go.even if it means gambling on mce . I'm not a fan of mc, but we need to start from ground zero. Foley has set us back at least 5 years by retaining chump. Time to start over
So the answer is to make another 5 year mistake instead of doing like O State, hiring an interim and waiting for a better option? I'm not agreeing with T, but his position makes some sense.

You know that Fooley falls in love with bad coaches.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
At what point in these discussions and rumors will people start to break and begin considering hot OC's around the nation. At this point if all the top guys have turned us down, i would be willing to consider one, although I am higher on Rich Rod than most, but he would have to find a great DC as part of the package. What about the Malzan disciple Lashley other than lack of many years in the meat grinder (to think Malzan was available when we hired Chump). Are there any up and coming coaches from D2 out there similar to the Brian Kelly or Chip Kelly that could change the program.

As you can tell I might finally be loosing my mind over this team.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Law98gsomethingr;n121213 said:
So the answer is to make anotprovideear mistake instead of doing like O State, hiring an interim and waiting for a better option? I'm not agreeing with T, but his position makes some sense.

You know that Fooley falls in love with bad coaches.
:lmao:I agree totally but just feel like we Need to name someone to provide stability

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
gingerlover;n121220 said:
At what point in these discussions and rumors will people start to break and begin considering hot OC's around the nation. At this point if all the top guys have turned us down, i would be willing to consider one, although I am higher on Rich Rod than most, but he would have to find a great DC as part of the package. What about the Malzan disciple Lashley other than lack of many years in the meat grinder (to think Malzan was available when we hired Chump). Are there any up and coming coaches from D2 out there similar to the Brian Kelly or Chip Kelly that could change the program.

You might just be. We have plenty to choose from and we will land a good coach...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No more of this career assistant bull**** that Foley has fallen in love with (Zooker, Dunce) and get a man in here with HC experience of some sort.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gingerlover;121220 said:

I don't think it's necessary. We'll find a head coach to come here. The season just ended yesterday.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I could see Josh mcdaniels. Though he hasn't really done anything noteworthy . He'd only be here a few years. Either a boom or bust guy. He's either going to be fired in two years or back to the nfl. Either way hopefully the market for a coach would be better.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n121155 said:
SSDD. Run up the middle and less than 200 yards in the air.

Were we dominated on the ground, yes. Is that what we want? More mushball? No. Whether you agree or not, that decision has already been made.

If we wanted 3 yards and a clowd of dust and close losses, your boy Chimp wouldn't be unemployed.

I get it, Al. You love Alabama just slightly less than UF and think Lil Nick is the second coming and of course his apostles should be hired. I just hope Fooley doesn't agree with you.

That's pretty funny, right there. But living up here in Bammerville probably makes me hate bama more than most. They are absolutely insufferable.

The facts have been given to you time and again but you continue ignore them and just beat the 3 yards and a cloud of dust drum. I get it. You want kliff Kinsgbury or Leach. How's that working out for them again? Meanwhile the hated Tide just continues to roll on. It's about balance, Law. Balance.

But then again balance has never seemed to be something that interests you. :dunno:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n121273 said:
That's pretty funny, right there. But living up here in Bammerville probably makes me hate bama more than most. They are absolutely insufferable.

The facts have been given to you time and again but you continue ignore them and just beat the 3 yards and a cloud of dust drum. I get it. You want kliff Kinsgbury or Leach. How's that working out for them again? Meanwhile the hated Tide just continues to roll on. It's about balance, Law. Balance.

But then again balance has never seemed to be something that interests you. :dunno:

balanced is measured by attempts vs attempts. Not yards vs yards. I'd like to see that stat. If my memory serves correctly mclwain has been sabans most conservative offensive coordinator. Also how do you guys expect his scheme to work minus Matt Jones(our only power back) and two returning starters on the offensive line? Doesn't make for a good running game does it? His scheme is not a good fit for what we have. Also nobody has said they wanted anyone off of the mumme coaching tree.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n121275 said:
balanced is measured by attempts vs attempts. Not yards vs yards. I'd like to see that stat. If my memory serves correctly mclwain has been sabans most conservative offensive coordinator. Also how do you guys expect his scheme to work minus Matt Jones(our only power back) and two returning starters on the offensive line? Doesn't make for a good running game does it? His scheme is not a good fit for what we have. Also nobody has said they wanted anyone off of the mumme coaching tree.

Really? If you're piling up 450 + yards per game (plus or minus), and you get 225 on the ground and 225 through the air (plus or minus) does it really matter if it's 50/50 or 60/40???

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n121288 said:
Really? If you're piling up 450 + yards per game (plus or minus), and you get 225 on the ground and 225 through the air (plus or minus) does it really matter if it's 50/50 or 60/40???
If we're measuring balance like you said then yes it does.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n121273 said:
Aren't you the same Alagator from GSMB?

Or was that Alabamagator or something that loved NS?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121392 said:
I agree with T-gator. What if we get another mediorcre coach slightly better than Muschamp, and then next year the tier 1 coaching pool opens up again. Like the last 2 years. I'm ok waiting another year, rather than waisting another 5. And if O state did it why can't we?
Waiting another year? So we hire no one? Maybe beg Muschamp to come back? Or promote one of the awful assistants?

If we did that there wouldn't be a Gator Nation left when the year was up and the supposed "tier one coaching pool opens up".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We need an immediate splash for recruiting purpose. We are currently in danger of falling behind Texas State in recruiting. It would be best if the person already has recruiting ties with SE recruits and hopefully could bring some recruits with him. McElwain is known as a poor recruiter. This McElwain talk is just the agent attempting to get his client a payday. There's is a reason he's stuck in the WAC watching other guys playing for championships. It makes zero sense.

Even Doc Holliday makes more sense if you are going to buy off the Big Lots rack, and I really don't want Holliday . You have to pray that both Holliday and McElwain hire a good DC. (With Holliday you must hire and keep a great OC and DC because he is neither.) Both scare the crap out of me trying to put an SEC caliber defense on the field. Holliday's OC was on Nehlen staff at WVU and was OC at Purdue. He's really just a journeyman OL coach and has Addazio written all over him. QB play has decreased since their co-OC/QB coach left.

We are truly looking at the reject racks at this point. I'd rather have Morris or another hotshot OC than these terrible options.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Albert;n121172 said:
The only difference is that McElwain had the likes of Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson and one of the best Olines in modern history. The reason they ran so much is simply because they could. That's not Mushball. That's who Muschamp wanted to become but failed miserably. You can win big any way you choose with the correct personnel. We haven't had enough to do either run or pass consistently. I don't care how we win, or by how much, if we win 10+consistently.

Best post so far. Whoever is coaching here next year will have to pull some major magic from out of their backside. It ALL starts with the offensive line and maintaining our outstanding defense. We will likely have a .500 season....possibly worse. This offense will have to be reassembled from the ground up as Dub pointed out. My hope is that we get someone with that mindset, actually I've been told we are,. Forget all this willy nilly air it out BS that only works in conferences that don't play defense. You must dominate from the ground up to stay competitive in this league over the long haul. Personally I wouldn't care if someone installed the wishbone if it worked and we could get back to winning 10 plus games a year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.