Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121409 said:
If we hire Muschamp- The Sequel it will be the same result.
There is no other coach out there that is as bad as Muschamp. Literally no one. Anyone we hire is going to be a very, very large improvement. We may even win Homecoming again.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n121409 said:
If we hire Muschamp- The Sequel it will be the same result. If reports are to believed and we only offered Freeze $180K cash to come to Gainesville, that's on us. If Foley was el cheapo about this hire than of course Freeze was staying. Who would change a situation like that for $180K? Foley seems to be short sided. He will save money to get a mediocre coach.

​

I've never noticed a lean or a limp. Which side is he short on?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n121410 said:
There is no other coach out there that is as bad as Muschamp. Literally no one. Anyone we hire is going to be a very, very large improvement. We may even win Homecoming again.
Agreed. Anyone is better including an interim while waiting for a homerun hire. It worked for Ohio State.

Hopefully, the President will fire Fooley before we try this again. He's obviously not up to the job.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n121388 said:
Aren't you the same Alagator from GSMB?

Or was that Alabamagator or something that loved NS?

1) Yes.

2) Don't know, but it sure as hell wasn't me.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n121417 said:
Agreed. Anyone is better including an interim while waiting for a homerun hire. It worked for Ohio State.

Hopefully, the President will fire Fooley before we try this again. He's obviously not up to the job.

A few posters floated the idea of Cutcliffe or Spurrier as a stop gap measure. Fix the program in a 2-5 year period and retire. They could either groom a successor or work with Foley to time the market for a big name to take over. It'd be much easier to find a coach who wanted to take over a program on a roll than in a slump. However, most of these posters were ridiculed by most of the board because we deserve a Harbaugh or Kelly (Chip).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n121446 said:
A few posters floated the idea of Cutcliffe or Spurrier as a stop gap measure. Fix the program in a 2-5 year period and retire. They could either groom a successor or work with Foley to time the market for a big name to take over. It'd be much easier to find a coach who wanted to take over a program on a roll than in a slump. However, most of these posters were ridiculed by most of the board because we deserve a Harbaugh or Kelly (Chip).
The regular season ended 3 days ago. You guys act like we've been turned down by every candidate for a month now. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n121448 said:
The regular season ended 3 days ago. You guys act like we've been turned down by every candidate for a month now. We have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

It's over, Ox. We're doomed. :sadnanner:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze is done... let it go. The reality is that there was probably discussions, but not sure if UF ever gave him a formal offer of the job... I don't think they do any offers until they know the answer. I wonder if there is still discussion with McElwain and the status on McDaniels. I'd prefer McElwain there and I still think he would be a good hire if they can make it happen.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think this whole process is just now heating up. Apparently Foley and Freeze didn't speak directly. That doesn't mean there wasn't some sort of contact. There had to have been. Freeze wasn't enough committal for Foley's taste. The reports about Freeze's wishy washiness were, in fact, accurate. Re McElwain, reports are that Foley contacted him Saturday night. That strikes me as kicking tires. This guy isn't a serious candidate, he's a fallback candidate. Doesn't mean he won't happen, just means he's taking a back seat for now.

The heavy wood is coming. Call me pie in the ski or naive, but I still think Stoops is the guy. I think he's let it be known through channels or direct contact that there will be no direct discussions until the regular season is over. I'm looking for something as early as Sunday from Foley. And from everything I've read, Foley DOES want to get this wrapped up ASAP.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n121448 said:

You really do like quoting me, even when it has nothing to do with what you're posting. I'd be flattered, but it's kind of creepy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n121474]I think this whole process is just now heating up. Apparently Foley and Freeze didn't speak directly. That doesn't mean there wasn't some sort of contact. There had to have been. Freeze wasn't enough committal for Foley's taste. The reports about Freeze's wishy washiness were, in fact, accurate. Re McElwain, reports are that Foley contacted him Saturday night. That strikes me as kicking tires. This guy isn't a serious candidate, he's a fallback candidate. Doesn't mean he won't happen, just means he's taking a back seat for now.

The heavy wood is coming. Call me pie in the ski or naive, but I still think Stoops is the guy. I think he's let it be known through channels or direct contact that there will be no direct discussions until the regular season is over. I'm looking for something as early as Sunday from Foley. And from everything I've read, Foley DOES want to get this wrapped up ASAP. [/QUOTE]

Hope you're right. I would love to have Stooops be the next coach.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n121475 said:
You really do like quoting me, even when it has nothing to do with what you're posting. I'd be flattered, but it's kind of creepy.
What you typed had everything to do with what I posted. You have the bizarre opinion that we should just settle for some kind of a 3-year Obi-Wan Jedi type to transition us into the next big coaching hire as he retires. Hell, the only guy I could even think of that would fit that kind of scenario is Spurrier, and we know that isn't happening.

The season just ended - it's amazing how many people think the search is over and UF has struck out on a whole list of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.