SOURCES: Coaching rumors Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n120968 said:
@Year2: Dooley said UF gauged interest of Mora. None were interested.

"Florida?! Fl..Florida?! You kiddin me?"

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n121113 said:
It's called coaching...scheming, developing and maximizing your talent while limiting your deficiencies...

True, but it didn't hurt the best player on that UF defense decided to be a selfish drunk mid-week before the game.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n121099 said:
WTF? The season just ended. Struck out with everyone? We don't have a damn clue who has been talked to and who hasn't. :crazy:

Too damn funny. It's Monday morning and we've already struck out with everybody...

And we wonder why people think Gator fans are irrational.?.?.?. LOL

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
We don't want mora jr.anyway trust me. Playoffs, playoffs, you kidding me.mora in the same sentence as playoffs you kidding me.?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n121088 said:
I'd honestly rather promote from within. There is nobody outthere right now. We've struck out with everyone. Brady mclwain isn't worth burning another few years
You are officially in Tear 1

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n121116 said:
True, but it didn't hurt the best player on that UF defense decided to be a selfish drunk mid-week before the game.

You make a good point. But it was still a total domination. Also, how do we explain his offense wiping the field with us in 2010 AND 2011? Face it, his offense completely owned our ass. Not to mention his O came up just short of pulling out the victory against our 2008 NC team.... Had it not been for one Tim Tebow taking over in the 4th quarter and just willing us to victory...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n121117 said:
Too damn funny. It's Monday morning and we've already struck out with everybody...

And we wonder why people think Gator fans are irrational.?.?.?. LOL

We're no different than any other fan base

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n121099 said:
WTF? The season just ended. Struck out with everyone? We don't have a damn clue who has been talked to and who hasn't. :crazy:

Ok I worded it wrong. If we strike out with everyone else I'd rather promote from within before we settled on mclwain.

tarjf

Gator Alum
Nov 8, 2014
All you posters who are bashing McElwain..the guy can flat out coach & develop talent. He's proven that everywhere he's been. I don't think he's coming here but he can coach and hes a good one

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
t-gator;n121139 said:
Ok I worded it wrong. If we strike out with everyone else I'd rather promote from within before we settled on mclwain.

There is nobody I can think of thats HC material....they all need to go...

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I wouldn't be excited about mc, but i would support the hire based on his experience

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n121149 said:
There is nobody I can think of thats HC material....they all need to go...

true but if mclwain is the best we can do then we should just go with roper or durkin, salvage some of this recruiting class and grab the next urban Meyer type of coaching prospect.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n121139 said:

You really think Durkin would be on par with someone like McElwain. Not a huge fan of getting him but I would think he is a much better choice than Durkin or others on staff.

Edit: Didn't see the post above.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n121133 said:
You make a good point. But it was still a total domination. Also, how do we explain his offense wiping the field with us in 2010 AND 2011? Face it, his offense completely owned our ass. Not to mention his O came up just short of pulling out the victory against our 2008 NC team.... Had it not been for one Tim Tebow taking over in the 4th quarter and just willing us to victory...
SSDD. Run up the middle and less than 200 yards in the air.

Were we dominated on the ground, yes. Is that what we want? More mushball? No. Whether you agree or not, that decision has already been made.

If we wanted 3 yards and a clowd of dust and close losses, your boy Chimp wouldn't be unemployed.

I get it, Al. You love Alabama just slightly less than UF and think Lil Nick is the second coming and of course his apostles should be hired. I just hope Fooley doesn't agree with you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n121154 said:
You really think Durkin would be on par with someone like McElwain. Not a huge fan of getting him but I would think he is a much better choice than Durkin or others on staff.

Edit: Didn't see the post above.

I don't think durkin would be better, just wouldn't wanna be tied down by mediocre coach when the next home run hire is available

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
t-gator;n121158 said:
I don't think durkin would be better, just wouldn't wanna be tied down by mediocre coach when the next home run hire is available
Tgator you're my man, but all that garbage thats here gotta go.even if it means gambling on mce . I'm not a fan of mc, but we need to start from ground zero. Foley has set us back at least 5 years by retaining chump. Time to start over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator