Sources: UF & Chip Kelly working on contract details

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Scout is now hearing that there is 1 hang up that is being worked on now that basically sounds like CK does not want to do all the crap the HC has to do at a major college (booster clubs, tv/radio shows, etc).

These are the things that concern me. He’s going to have to do some of this to connect to the fans and the money folks.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Florida: This weekend internet message boards in Florida (who knew those still existed) apparently started lighting up with reports that Chip Kelly was close to signing up with Florida. While it would be fun to see Chip at Florida, for what it is worth, we have not heard that from any contacts in the coaching profession. Will update as more information on this search begins to come together. We can relay, as we reported last week, Scott Stricklin has been out, doing his due diligence. This one should not go long.

@FootballScoop: Chip Kelly. Chip Kelly? Chip Kelly!

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/scoop-monday-november-13-2017/

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
These are the things that concern me. He’s going to have to do some of this to connect to the fans and the money folks.
To the money folk, maybe. All he has to do to connect to the fans is win or at least look like we actually practice.

It's a good time to be a Gator coach. Expectations are the lowest since pre-SOS.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Winning cures all...other than the big money guys that like their asses kissed who connects to the coach anymore?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Anything written by "Neil" should be taken with a huge grain of salt. The guy lives in the north east and attends a different college. He has no connection to UF other than being a "fan" and went to his first game last year. I don't believe for a second he has any actual sources.

What I see him do mostly is post articles a day after everybody else on twitter has said stuff and basically regurgitate what those people say...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
People are saying to watch the game tonight

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Scout is now hearing that there is 1 hang up that is being worked on now that basically sounds like CK does not want to do all the crap the HC has to do at a major college (booster clubs, tv/radio shows, etc).

Let me get this straight...Kelly isn't interested in doing ALL the things a head college football coach usually does? I know that this story isn't verified but if it is true doesn't some of the things he is reportedly not wanting to be bothered with good PR for recruiting? If you are asking to be excused from certain aspects of the job that makes me wonder what kind of commitment he would have to the program. I would wonder what he is NOT willing to put into the program to make it what the fans expect of it. If he gets hired I won't say anything else about it and accept it for what it is. But I'm telling you this guy gives me pause. There are red flags flying all over this prospective hire for me. Here's hoping I'm wrong it it turns out he's the one.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How to get a tweet to go viral...

Step 1: Comment on key issue for a major sports team
Step 2: Use the word "source"
Step 3: Tag major sports team
Step 4: Sit back and watch

That said... I really hope this is true.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let me get this straight...Kelly isn't interested in doing ALL the things a head college football coach usually does? I know that this story isn't verified but if it is true doesn't some of the things he is reportedly not wanting to be bothered with good PR for recruiting? If you are asking to be excused from certain aspects of the job that makes me wonder what kind of commitment he would have to the program. I would wonder what he is NOT willing to put into the program to make it what the fans expect of it. If he gets hired I won't say anything else about it and accept it for what it is. But I'm telling you this guy gives me pause. There are red flags flying all over this prospective hire for me. Here's hoping I'm wrong it it turns out he's the one.
Maybe I'm in the minority because I'm not a big money booster and never will be but i guess i just don't care. He wants to watch film and coach football...that's his job. Kissing ass shouldn't be one of them...leave that to the assistants and the AD. Just win baby

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
the private jet is picking Kelly up and bringing him to the basketball game for a half time anouncement you heard it here first

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It’s almost like some of you know nothing about the NFL. No team will ever hire Chip Kelly in the NFL again. And he went 10-6 each of his first two years, not exactly terrible.
That's right. When you make the black list they never even sniff. I heard he was even turned down for a couple of OC gigs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the private jet is picking Kelly up and bringing him to the basketball game for a half time anouncement you heard it here first
Post #930 you dirty whore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.