Founding Member
College Football Smh GIF by ESPN

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You get more moronic with every post. It’s quite impressive.

The season can’t begin soon enough, fellas. It’s going to be MY turn to be an insufferable asshat to people like Jay here. Revenge tour.
sooo youre saying all this time you HAVEN'T been an insufferable asshat???

:scratchhead:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I listen to various Gator podcasts. Here is what has been said about spring.

1. Espn had Knijeah Harris rated as the number 1 IOL in the country. In their evaluations, maybe they were right and everyone else was wrong. He is running with the 1s right now. He makes mistakes, but is looking really good. There are injuries. He won't be starting. The point is he has impressed already.

2. TJ Searcy is looking really good. He will play.

3. Jordan Castell has an incredible amount of range at safety. When is the last time we really had a safety with a lot of range? Again, injuries is why he is running with the 1s. But, he has taken the most of this opportunity. It is good we are finally getting some speed at that position.

4. The DT position will be solid this season. Cam Jackson has been a monster. That said, he is going against backups. He should dominate them.

5. Rod Kearney is working out at center right now and is the backup.

6. Teradja Mitchell hasn't played as much because they don't need him to. He knew the defense and was calling plays from day 1. He is a smart ILB. Jaden Robinson has been running with the 1s at times and learning from Mitchell.

7. Max Brown is an interesting story. He didn't camp at all and has only been playing QB for a couple of years. He is very new to the position. But, the physical skills are all there. He is extremely accurate. He is learning really quick. He won't start and probably shouldn't play. But, he can't be counted out down the road. It all depends on if he can put it all together. A guy like this is a wild card.

8. Cam Carroll is a physical specimen and will get carries next season.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Even Spurrier, when he was up against defenses that had no clue how to defend his offense, never had an undefeated season and won only a single NC in 12 years.
George Pyle is the only coach that had an undefeated season for UF. Can’t believe he never got in the ROH or got a statue. What a travesty.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I had no clue Max Brown’s completion percentage was as high as it was in high school. Super interested to see if he ever develops.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I had no clue Max Brown’s completion percentage was as high as it was in high school. Super interested to see if he ever develops.
And they weren't dinks and dunks. If Brown gets a chance he has high upside. I don't see him starting at Utah. But after Utah I'm guessing we'll be pulling someone off the bench.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
450? Wasn’t there a video here where he claimed he was under 400?
Sure was, said he was around 385. If he moves like that, no way he's at 450. Last season I thought he was down to 420. But who cares. The man for his size can move. Coach Spencer was on podcast last week saying that Dez was first man running down the field in drills. Was giving him good props. Just need to make sure the depth is there for the DL and from what is coming out of camp there is depth......now just how good is it going to be? Hopefully optimistic.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Sure was, said he was around 385. If he moves like that, no way he's at 450. Last season I thought he was down to 420. But who cares. The man for his size can move. Coach Spencer was on podcast last week saying that Dez was first man running down the field in drills. Was giving him good props. Just need to make sure the depth is there for the DL and from what is coming out of camp there is depth......now just how good is it going to be? Hopefully optimistic.
He’s always been very athletic at whatever weight he plays at, but @400+, how many snaps is he good for? Like most Gator fans, I love the guy, but for both his career and long term health, I hope he gets to a better weight.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
No way he's 450. He has to be under 400lbs. If he can get down to 380 he'll dominate. Rooting fir him.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's not happening with Napier, or the next guy, or the next guy, or the next guy. There will never be a Spurrier-type offense at UF again. Deal with it.

We've won two of our three NC's with running teams
Ox that's all fine and dandy about the running games. But guess what? The two QBs we had in each of those Natty's could not ONLY throw the ball but they did it DOWN FIELD. The clowns we've got right now competing for "starting QB" isn't even in the ball park with Leak and Tebow. Trust me if we go into the season with THIS group the rest of the SEC won't even bother watching tapes of the Gator efforts. It will be a joke. Mertz AND Miller III? Good god, its like Napier has an agenda to destroy the position. And please, no more Big 10 loser rejects at QB.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator