Spring Camp opens

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It's not happening with Napier, or the next guy, or the next guy, or the next guy. There will never be a Spurrier-type offense at UF again. Deal with it.
Sad Season 1 GIF by Rick and Morty

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Even Spurrier, when he was up against defenses that had no clue how to defend his offense, never had an undefeated season and won only a single NC in 12 years.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Even Spurrier, when he was up against defenses that had no clue how to defend his offense, never had an undefeated season and won only a single NC in 12 years.

Agree. Let’s face it. The guy was Bobby Petrino with better motorcycle skills. Nothing more.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Offensive line is strong, RB's are some of the best in the damn country, and the receiving unit is better and deeper. I think we're going to see far more consistent QB play than what we got last season. This unit is a running team, some of you need to come to grips with that, and it's going to be a running team when Lagway takes over as well - quit pining for the Fun N Gun. If AR15 had actually utilized his legs and enormous physical talent last season, we would have won a lot more than 5 games. Mertz is going to be a more consistent passer and I think his teammates are actually going to respect him and respond to him - we won't have to look at him moping on the sidelines ignoring everyone.

Can't wait for the season to start.

imagination GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. Let’s face it. The guy was Bobby Petrino with better motorcycle skills. Nothing more.
Spurrier is my favorite coach of all time. My statement was 100% fact, however. I saw every play of his tenure here and miss it too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You get more moronic with every post. It’s quite impressive.

The season can’t begin soon enough, fellas. It’s going to be MY turn to be an insufferable asshat to people like Jay here. Revenge tour.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I feel more positive about Mertz than Miller, but again outside of a busted coverage that’s another pass that would be broken up or picked due to being under thrown. Let’s just focus on screens and slants.
What are you talking about? That was “DEEP”.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You get more moronic with every post. It’s quite impressive.

The season can’t begin soon enough, fellas. It’s going to be MY turn to be an insufferable asshat to people like Jay here. Revenge tour.

Take a joke :lol:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I feel more positive about Mertz than Miller, but again outside of a busted coverage that’s another pass that would be broken up or picked due to being under thrown. Let’s just focus on screens and slants.
I don't know if you are being facetious, and maybe I just want to whine, but if this season's QB(s) can throw a slant, GREAT! Remember the do or die slant staff called late fourth quarter vs LSU? Good lord, I felt for AR and was wholly disappointed with the staff. If I'm an NFL scout, that play would weigh heavily in my thinking. WTH was that? Okay, I'll hang up and listen.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is that if you can’t connect on short throws then everyone is going to play deep. That’s what happened to AR. And since deep throws was the only throw he could make, he kept throwing incompletion after completion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.