Spring Practice (PT 2)

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gator Fever;n206381 said:
http://florida.247sports.com/Board/1...us-xm-36694634

I guess McElroy was on the radio saying we might just be a 5 win team after watching practice. I am sure he keeps in contact with McElwain some but that is still a crazy prediction imo unless the O line gets completely gutted during the season.

Also them acting line Robinson and McGee are just average players is off a little imo. Robinson may not be a star but he is better than the average SEC receiver and McGee looks legit in the games he played at least.

Rationally I think 5 or 6 wins is probably about right. The common lacking element is offense, and from what we are hearing so far not much has changed except we've now have 2 returning starters on the offensive line that are in questionable condition going into the fall. I think Harris is a gutty kid who reminds me a lot of Tyler Murphy but that's about the extent of his abilities IMO. Grier is doing no better this spring than he was last year. At least from what little we are hearing and seeing. Our receivers seem to still be dropping balls. The defense will be pretty good but it might take 4 or 5 games for them to gel. So I don't see any way an objective outsider would see us as anything other than a 5 win team.....
I on the other hand wear O&B glasses so I'm saying we win 8 most because of the defense :dunno:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n206459 said:
Rationally I think 5 or 6 wins is probably about right. The common lacking element is offense, and from what we are hearing so far not much has changed except we've now have 2 returning starters on the offensive line that are in questionable condition going into the fall. I think Harris is a gutty kid who reminds me a lot of Tyler Murphy but that's about the extent of his abilities IMO. Grier is doing no better this spring than he was last year. At least from what little we are hearing and seeing. Our receivers seem to still be dropping balls. The defense will be pretty good but it might take 4 or 5 games for them to gel. So I don't see any way an objective outsider would see us as anything other than a 5 win team.....

Cancel the season now. :panic:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n206460 said:
Cancel the season now. :panic:

Not at all. If I sat through the last 5 years I'll sit through this one as well. In fact with lower expectations maybe the aggravation level won't be as high. I don't feel 8 wins is being overly pessimistic, do you?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n206475 said:
Not at all. If I sat through the last 5 years I'll sit through this one as well. In fact with lower expectations maybe the aggravation level won't be as high. I don't feel 8 wins is being overly pessimistic, do you?

No, I believe we will win 8 games also. Hopefully we win more though.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
WobbleGator;n206487 said:

Agreed. My problem is over the last 5 years I keep expecting 10 win seasons. But hey who ever expected Mizzou to win the east the last 2 years. We will be walking a fine line in 2015 but anything is possible.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One would be wise to have conservative expectations for this year. Perhaps even next year until we get some legitimate depth on our O-Line. I don't consider walk-ons as legitimate depth, but maybe one or two of them will prove serviceable enough to help us eek out 6-7 wins.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Concrete Helmet;n206488 said:
We will be walking a fine line in 2015 but anything is possible.

Does Karma owe us for all the 2012 injuries? Perhaps Dr. Pete (is he still around?) develops some bionic fixes for our team and we steam roll everyone? One can hope.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A 6 win season, with the situation we are facing, would be accepted without a "the sky is falling" attitude. Especially if we can see some progress on offense. A few more injuries on the Oline and we will have no choice but to have the freshmen playing and maybe even pull somebody off the Dline. If that happens a 4-5 win season is very likely.

Now if the ball bounces our way, we manage to keep healthy, and if a few of the young guys step up, we could see an 8 win season. That would be probably the best case scenario, which would make me very happy. I truly expect in 2 years to be in Atlanta!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I kind of expect a 7 win season. This will be with less talent than the chimp had. At least we should see some offense. That alone will be great to see. I agree we see Atlanta in 2 yrs...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n206513 said:
One would be wise to have conservative expectations for this year. Perhaps even next year until we get some legitimate depth on our O-Line.

I'm still hoping that by SOME MIRACLE we will have a couple graduate transfer O lineman join the team this summer.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n206487 said:

I'll be floored if we win 8 games. I don't think a single offensive player (line included) gets redshirted this year. Unless it's a medical redshirt.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n206580 said:
I'll be floored if we win 8 games. I don't think a single offensive player (line included) gets redshirted this year. Unless it's a medical redshirt.

The main reason I am saying 8 is because the East is very weak.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
TLB;n206523 said:
Does Karma owe us for all the 2012 injuries? Perhaps Dr. Pete (is he still around?) develops some bionic fixes for our team and we steam roll everyone? One can hope.

I think you meant to say 2013 injuries. Not sure about Dr. Pete. Hope is the only thing we as fans really have.....well in my case there is also excess alcohol consumption :drunk:

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
Wide receiver Chris Thompson charged with simple battery on girlfriend. As far as affecting the team, it means nothing since he was another one of the mediocre receivers UF has. But can't someone wait until after the Spring game to get on a police blotter? This might be the excuse needed to get rid of him, since it's unlikely that he'll ever contribute anything. Usually, when a new staff takes over, there is some housecleaning done. That hasn't happened, except for Driskel, and he absolutely had to go. It'll be inersting to see if there are any transfers after the Spring game. The coaches now have a feel for who are the good players and the ones who are just taking up space. One player stands out in that category, and that's Adam Lane. People wondered why he didn't see the field last year, and he's now been called out by McElwain. The rumors of him being lazy might have something to do with it.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n206571 said:
I'm still hoping that by SOME MIRACLE we will have a couple graduate transfer O lineman join the team this summer.

you would have thunk Mac would have been able to get 2 or 3 of those UAB free agent O line guys...If not more...I know he knew about them cause I tweeted him when he was in B'ham for the presser with the interim HBC....

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sgt. Schultz;n206609 said:
Wide receiver Chris Thompson charged with simple battery on girlfriend. As far as affecting the team, it means nothing since he was another one of the mediocre receivers UF has. But can't someone wait until after the Spring game to get on a police blotter? This might be the excuse needed to get rid of him, since it's unlikely that he'll ever contribute anything. Usually, when a new staff takes over, there is some housecleaning done. That hasn't happened, except for Driskel, and he absolutely had to go. It'll be inersting to see if there are any transfers after the Spring game. The coaches now have a feel for who are the good players and the ones who are just taking up space. One player stands out in that category, and that's Adam Lane. People wondered why he didn't see the field last year, and he's now been called out by McElwain. The rumors of him being lazy might have something to do with it.

Not sure if you realize this or not, but you are on the clock.

Sgt. Schultz

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2015
I am a college football fan, if that doesn't pass as a suitable answer, I could care less. If you want to only hear propaganda, listen to the coaches and Gainesville Sun. I just tell it like I see it, and base it on something tangible, like Winston being a great quarterback. It's fine to chortle among yourselves and never learn anything, like at Fox News, but reality does darken the door sometimes. The record of the Gator football team since the departure of Tebow should give you a clue that UF is not the team many of you seem to think it is. In fact, UF football is close to the same level as FSU was before Fisher became Head coach, and even then FSU didn't fall so low as to lose to Georgia Southern and finish 4-8. UF is on the precipice of becoming Tennessee after they fired Fulmer or they can get back on top again like FSU has under Fisher. Only time will tell, but it would help a lot if a decent quarterback steps on the field, and it's questionable whether there is on on campus right now. I'm sure this is my last post since it's apparent that you only want to hear about ponies and ice cream. But like Edward G. Robinson said when played "Little Caesar": "You can dish it out but you got so you can't take it no more." By the way, this is not a peer reviewed article, so I don't don't need no stinkin' paragraphs and I have summa written on my undergraduate degree, just to give you a clue that many of you don't have any idea what you're talking about, if you even know what that means. I'm so sad..."Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of Rico?"

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
A 5 or 6 win season should never be acceptable at uf. I don't care what the numbers are. The coach's is making 3.5 mil a year, he better be able to do something. I'm behind him completely, I'm not jumping off the mac daddy train at all. I'm just saying he better produce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.