Summer Updates: Hev's pool, Slevin & Lil Reese's achilles in shambles

Would you listen to The Oxrageous Podcast weekly?

• Yes

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 26.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Apparently this guy lives a dual life...Has the same photo for both searches..

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
upload_2019-7-17_16-12-30.jpeg
2/4 top performers in the SEC are coming back for us this season, as long as we can get the ball to em...watch out...on a side note why doesn’t Hammond get the credit he deserves?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Daz was from Indiana too.

No thanks.
This got me curious, so I did a little (very little truth be told) research on the history of Indiana U football. In their illustrious football history (the program goes back to 1887) they have had a grand total of five coaches who had overall winning records. The last one, Alvin "Bo" McMillin, stepped down in 1947. You read that correctly; every head football coach at IU in the last 71 seasons has finished their run with a losing record. Blowhard Lee Corso was 41-68-2, making him the 6th best coach they've had since "Bo" retired. IU joined the Big Ten in 1899 (back before it was even called the "Big Ten") and has won a whopping two Big Ten titles in football, with the last in 1967. Their all-time winning percentage of .419 ranks them 121st out of 130 D-1 programs. Of the other nine teams that made up the Big Ten prior to the expansion of the conference, they have a losing record against all of them. Surprisingly, they do have a winning record versus UF, winning 14-3 back in 1916. I don't know anything much about Frey, but generally avoiding coaches from IU would seem like a good idea.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want former noles on this staff, especially when they are still on the fsu payroll.

:killhim:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe he got himself fired by accepting the OC role? We all know he isnt great at that. But he is a good OL coach and recruiter.
Hev was the brains. The OL was terrible by 2010.

Im not really sure what Daz was but he wasnt really a great recruiter either. His resume mostly says friend of Meyer.

His specialty seemed to be landing leftover 2* players from the northeast to be our 25th player when we coukd find anything else. Alli, Murphy, 2 OLs I cant remember right now.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want former noles on this staff, especially when they are still on the fsu payroll.

:killhim:
We are "saving" money by hiring trash that Voles and Nulls fired, and are still paying.

Seriously though, I dont care that he is a off the field staffer if Mullinz and Hev think he is helpful.

Id say we could at least steal the playbook but apparently the Nulls are still trying to create a playbook.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
This got me curious, so I did a little (very little truth be told) research on the history of Indiana U football. In their illustrious football history (the program goes back to 1887) they have had a grand total of five coaches who had overall winning records. The last one, Alvin "Bo" McMillin, stepped down in 1947. You read that correctly; every head football coach at IU in the last 71 seasons has finished their run with a losing record. Blowhard Lee Corso was 41-68-2, making him the 6th best coach they've had since "Bo" retired. IU joined the Big Ten in 1899 (back before it was even called the "Big Ten") and has won a whopping two Big Ten titles in football, with the last in 1967. Their all-time winning percentage of .419 ranks them 121st out of 130 D-1 programs. Of the other nine teams that made up the Big Ten prior to the expansion of the conference, they have a losing record against all of them. Surprisingly, they do have a winning record versus UF, winning 14-3 back in 1916. I don't know anything much about Frey, but generally avoiding coaches from IU would seem like a good idea.

And yet, even they didn't hire Butters. Rumor has it he did call & request an interview...and the only response was hysterical laughter.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Adam Shuler looking solid. I hope the intern's roster updates are accurate this year, really curious to see how much size these guys have put on this off season:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Suspect until announced I guess.

@PSB5153: Heard from a trusted source the former #FSU OL coach Greg Frey is headed to Gainesville and will fill an off-the-field role with the #Gators football program. @OsceolaNews

Is this a good pick up?

Yeah he was their on field OL coach AND is still being paid by them so I'd say so.

Agree. I don’t think last season was his fault. That scheme and poor playcalling set the o-line up to fail. As an analyst job, I think it is a solid hire.

I never want Nole left overs, transfer or graduates anywhere near the Gator programming. It is inherently inapposite to being a Gator if you previously close to be a Nole. F_<€ this hire on all levels, even as an off field coach. It only makes it worse that he oversaw perhaps the worst football unit in the power 5 last year.

I can’t believe so many of you are actually happy we brought in a Nole. Last one who changed sides - the Gouch - was only on the field for 6 or so plays a game and was still good for 3-4 personal foul cheap shots per year (you just couldn’t get the Nole out of him).

The only reason this would be a good hire is if his off field role is flipping the burgers and getting the other coaches coffee in the morning. Even that amusement would wear off after this Nole dickhead screwed up the orders.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Cool video!! He was told to use word "holler"...not "holla". We talked about it

GoatedGraphics (@GoatedGraphics) tweeted at 7:58 PM on Wed, Jul 17, 2019:
Without further ado, I present you my version of the 2019 season hype video! I hope that yall enjoy, please feel free to share....

Im a few seconds over (@twitter please give me a media pass) last few seconds in the comments. Will have it on youtube as well in its entirety! GoatedGraphics on Twitter
()

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Elam is going to be a baller

Does it bother anyone else that Greg Frey's Alma Mater is fsu? He's a dirty nole. I would just cross any dawg or nole off our list of guys we're looking toward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.