Super Bowl LVIII: San Francisco vs. Kansas City

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Alison's Angle provides an unobstructed view of the game while delivering the ultimate suck job. I highly recommend.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

dance moms lol GIF by Lifetime

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I’m pulling for the Chiefs. I’ve always been a fan of Reid and I love watching Mahommes. He’s capable of some incredible plays at times. Kinda like watching Jordan. You knew you were watching greatness.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Now, go analyze the two times KC went for it on 4th down vs. the Ravens... the exact situations in that game, and get back to me on why you aren't calling Andy Reid an idiot. I'll save you the time... because they won.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Now, go analyze the two times KC went for it on 4th down vs. the Ravens... the exact situations in that game, and get back to me on why you aren't calling Andy Reid an idiot. I'll save you the time... because they won.
Winning matters.
winning charlie sheen GIF

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Andy Reid is an idiot.... because Deet says so.... I mean if we are going to go there, does that mean Napier is a genius because he likes going for on 4th down in dumb ass situations?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Andy Reid is an idiot.... because Deet says so.... I mean if we are going to go there, does that mean Napier is a genius because he likes going for on 4th down in dumb ass situations?
I'm not saying Reid is an idiot. I am saying there are reasons why he did go for it... twice, with a lead...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s situational. You know it and are just being stubborn about this whole situation. Dan kicked a FG the first 4th down he had. He also punted twice on 4th down. 4th & 6 and 4th & 9.

The situation of his wrong decision was going for it on 4th down after he chocked a 17 point lead and gave up 20 unanswered points and now trailing. SF was clearly crushing them and he need points to slow down momentum and stay in the game. Anyone who know anything about football other than you will agree it was the wrong decision.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying Reid is an idiot. I am saying there are reasons why he did go for it... twice, with a lead...
You’re right. He had the lead. And he’s been there before. More than once. He knows when to take the risk and when to take the points. He’s also made mistakes in his past that he has learned from.

Dan just made a mistake and will learn from it. He will lose sleep at night praying he even gets in that position again, ever.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I had no issue with him going for it just like I didn't have an issue with Reid going for it. Its about context of the situation. The only issue I have was the running play under two minutes to go at the goal line, still needing a second score. Time and timeouts are too important in that situation.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It’s situational. You know it and are just being stubborn about this whole situation. Dan kicked a FG the first 4th down he had. He also punted twice on 4th down. 4th & 6 and 4th & 9.

The situation of his wrong decision was going for it on 4th down after he chocked a 17 point lead and gave up 20 unanswered points and now trailing. SF was clearly crushing them and he need points to slow down momentum and stay in the game. Anyone who know anything about football other than you will agree it was the wrong decision.
We're talking about 4th and "less than three"... not 4th and whatever. Yes, he took the 21 yard FG attempt at the half, he passed on the 43 and 48 yard attempts.

And yes, personally, in real time, without knowing Bagdley's stats (which Dan obviously does), I would have attempted the first one for 43.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You’re right. He had the lead. And he’s been there before. More than once. He knows when to take the risk and when to take the points. He’s also made mistakes in his past that he has learned from.

Dan just made a mistake and will learn from it. He will lose sleep at night praying he even gets in that position again, ever.
Or, Reid went with analytics, and they executed on the one attempt.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I had no issue with him going for it just like I didn't have an issue with Reid going for it. Its about context of the situation. The only issue I have was the running play under two minutes to go at the goal line, still needing a second score. Time and timeouts are too important in that situation.
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face... the two 4th downs are NOT what lost them the game.

I agree with you and it is actually TWO play calls like that that hurt (along with drops and the "doink" 51 yard catch)... That run play cost them the time out at the end. Also, on the drive at the end of the half, it ended with the dumb pass out to the side to Gibbs and then they kicked the FG.

There are probably 10 or so plays that cost them the game to either the play call itself, or execution of an otherwise good play (like the first 4th down attempt)... the two 4ths downs are just easy to focus on.... it's what weak minded people do. :lol:

Hell, on the execution front, Gibbs running to the wrong side of Goff and fumbling (and subsequent TD) was a FAR more critical issue than the two 4th downs COMBINED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.