Gator Basketball Tell us what you like about Mike White

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kyontae Johnson. He recruited Kyontae Johnson, and I think this dude is going to be very, very good.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like Mike White for taking a fully grown Mr. Basketball of Arkansas and turning him into a no confidence pile of jelly 4 years later.

A close second is having his only hope of a big man Hayes lose about 20 pounds of his bulk and muscle.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
#smallballforever

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What will make you happy though about next season though? Sweet 16? Elite 8? Final 4? New roster coming in so its going to be a completely different team. Don't know who will transfer and who may or may not get injured. We will probably start unranked again which is fine so we will be able to surprise some folks even ourselves here. I think we win 24 games and then anything can happen in the tourney. Go Gators!!

Only thing that will make me happy is to have a new coach. What must be done eventually should be done now.....ring a bell?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I like Mike White for taking a fully grown Mr. Basketball of Arkansas and turning him into a no confidence pile of jelly 4 years later.

A close second is having his only hope of a big man Hayes lose about 20 pounds of his bulk and muscle.

Untrue on Kevarrious. He came in real skinny. Go back through twitter and you can see some before and after pictures he put up after weightlifting. This kid worked out like a beast but couldn’t get to more than about 218. About a 20 lb gain not loss. He was a twig in HS in Live Oak.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Untrue on Kevarrious. He came in real skinny. Go back through twitter and you can see some before and after pictures he put up after weightlifting. This kid worked out like a beast but couldn’t get to more than about 218. About a 20 lb gain not loss. He was a twig in HS in Live Oak.

FORWARD/CENTER 6'9" 225 LBS
Kevarrius Hayes

Junior Live Oak, Fla.

CENTER 6'9" 217 LBS
Kevarrius Hayes

Senior Live Oak, Fla. Suwannee

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’m off by a pound. I said 218. He was 190’s in high school although some sites listed him as more. He worked hard in the weight room to put on weight. He would put up before summer and after summer pics. You could see the difference but it wasn’t much. He got to 220 and they listed him at 225. The goal was 230-240. Just couldn’t get there.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m off by a pound. I said 218. He was 190’s in high school although some sites listed him as more. He worked hard in the weight room to put on weight. He would put up before summer and after summer pics. You could see the difference but it wasn’t much. He got to 220 and they listed him at 225. The goal was 230-240. Just couldn’t get there.

It's Whites job through his S&C guy and Nutrition gal to get him there over a 4 year period is my point. Another fail...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It's Whites job through his S&C guy and Nutrition gal to get him there over a 4 year period is my point. Another fail...

Maybe so...but it wasn’t for lack of effort. Hayes worked hard and took pride in what he did. But not really my issue....I was just pointing out it was a 20lb weight gain...not loss. Clearly he needed 20 more so we probably agree there.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
So what’s the floor/ceiling for making ppl happy next season is it in wins and losses? Or how deep a tournament run is? Making the sweet 16 is about where I’d put my expectation but 25+ wins would have to go along w it to make me happy tbh

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
What will make you happy though about next season though? Sweet 16? Elite 8? Final 4? New roster coming in so its going to be a completely different team. Don't know who will transfer and who may or may not get injured. We will probably start unranked again which is fine so we will be able to surprise some folks even ourselves here. I think we win 24 games and then anything can happen in the tourney. Go Gators!!
Elite 8. Should be a Final 4 though depending on some transfers and recruits still to come.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's evaluate after next year. We need a big year though.
This is the way I see it. He seems to finally made some inroads on the recruiting trail. Let's if we go back to playing uptempo. This was the most frustrating year under him as far as coaching goes under him though. Didn't understand why we played so slow.

On another note. To all the people calling for his head right now. Who are we going to get that has 5 tournament wins in the last 3 years and a top 5 recruiting class coming in? There are no better replacements out there right now. Hell, it took us 3 hires to get a decent football coach at a football school. We've been atleast respectable under white. Let's see what he does with some talent next year. It's not like we're gonna be able to pull anything more than another " up and comer" or a retread that's been fired already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.