Texas and Oklahoma join the SEC

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Fcvk FSU! There’s no way in hell we or the rest of the SEC should support bringing them in. They had their chance to join the SEC 30 or so years ago but chose the ACC admittedly because it was an easier path for them to the national championship.

Their program is now on the rocks and has been on & off for 15 years and their athletic department is a financial train wreck. They bring nothing to the table. I’m fine bringing Clemson in but I say leave FSU out to twist in the wind. Let’s see the final nails put in the coffin of their program. Let’s relegate them to the scrap heap of mediocrity and mid tier status.

I agree. But it's probably inevitable at some point. The argument that A&M keeps making is that there's some unofficial agreement between SEC programs that they won't invite other in-state schools, and if they do, they have power to veto it. The guy from A&M specifically mentioned UF blocking fsu more recently and that lone no vote being enough to kill any chance. But they're obviously going away from that here, and seem to be willing to do it even if the Aggies are kicking and screaming. That sets precedent. So if they want the noles, or seemingly anyone that happens to be a state and has a football program, they're probably going to get them. I hate it, but it's likely coming.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While we Bama fans do enjoy beating UcheaT year in and year out, it hasn't always been that way. They have held their own against Bama over the years with a few win streaks to brag about, just not recently. ;)

Isn't it possible that the divisions could stay as they are and just add Texas to one division and Oklahoma to the other? They could remain permanent rivals (as cross division opponents) and play the other teams within their division. Of course, that would probably require that all SEC teams play 9 conference games each year. Something that if I'm not mistaken about, Saban is opposed to.

To answer your question, it is possible. If they did that, they would move TX to the east cause A&M wouldn't want to play them every year. I think doing that would be an easy missed opportunity to realign and have a true east/west split instead of by name only.

I also think a 9 SEC game schedule would have to happen if we're at 16 teams regardless of how the conference was divided.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Some of those penalties are related to the ESPN Big 12 Network contract penalty provisions (obviously it is worth much kess without the decent teams). Wannabet ESPN waives those?

Big 12 is dead in a few months. There wont he any penalty paying.
Yeah I figured it would be litigated down to peanuts anyway

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Fcvk FSU! There’s no way in hell we or the rest of the SEC should support bringing them in. They had their chance to join the SEC 30 or so years ago but chose the ACC admittedly because it was an easier path for them to the national championship.

Their program is now on the rocks and has been on & off for 15 years and their athletic department is a financial train wreck. They bring nothing to the table. I’m fine bringing Clemson in but I say leave FSU out to twist in the wind. Let’s see the final nails put in the coffin of their program. Let’s relegate them to the scrap heap of mediocrity and mid tier status.
I only suggested FSU so we can keep the annual beating on the schedule with a twenty team conference. I to welcome Clemson

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
I think 2022 as well. Going to be a lot of scheduling changes. Why would they stay now? The conference is dead.

I think the SEC should go to twenty and just throat punch the NCAA and the likes of ND, OSU and Michigan as well as all the irrelevant woke schools out west. I say bring in FSU and Clemson.
giphy.gif

Man, there's a Goodfellas gif for everything.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With these 2 additional teams, will we return to playing an all-SEC schedule, except for FSU.?
If we add playing Texas &/or Okie ... or both, will our players be smashing bodies with more 4*, 5* heavies, thereby getting more injuries, having to miss games.?

With Mullen or his replacement will we be able to recruit well in Texas or will Texas start out recruiting us in Florida?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I agree. But it's probably inevitable at some point. The argument that A&M keeps making is that there's some unofficial agreement between SEC programs that they won't invite other in-state schools, and if they do, they have power to veto it. The guy from A&M specifically mentioned UF blocking fsu more recently and that lone no vote being enough to kill any chance. But they're obviously going away from that here, and seem to be willing to do it even if the Aggies are kicking and screaming. That sets precedent. So if they want the noles, or seemingly anyone that happens to be a state and has a football program, they're probably going to get them. I hate it, but it's likely coming.

My understanding is that it takes 11 yes votes (with current 14 team format) to add teams. A&M, with only a decade in the SEC, may not have enough support from other schools to block Texas. UF is a charter member with a 90 year track record in the conference. I’d like to think we could rally enough support from a few other conference co-founders/long term members to block the Azzclowns of Tally from being invited to join.

Maybe I’m wrong…or maybe Fuchs & Co. don’t want to block them (you know, that’s not the way woke, Ivy League wannabe gentlemen behave)…and it may be inevitable. Regardless, it sucks if it happens.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
With these 2 additional teams, will we return to playing an all-SEC schedule, except for FSU.?
If we add playing Texas &/or Okie ... or both, will our players be smashing bodies with more 4*, 5* heavies, thereby getting more injuries, having to miss games.?

With Mullen or his replacement will we be able to recruit well in Texas or will Texas start out recruiting us in Florida?

I see where you're going. You're wondering if this is good for UF. No, no it's not. Of course not. Nothing is ever good for us.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Kansas will stay and collect a fortune from all the other teams.

Stay where and from what other teams? If Oklahoma and Texas leave the big 12 is finished. Some will go to the pac 12, some to the big 10, the ACC may want WV and whatever is left will go group of 5.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I only suggested FSU so we can keep the annual beating on the schedule with a twenty team conference. I to welcome Clemson

With Dan at the helm it’s too great a risk that the annual beat down becomes us getting thumped by them.

Putting that aside (because with a quality coaching staff we should demolish these fcvkers annually), as much as I like to beat the Noles, the bigger issue is money. I don’t want to throw that school & their athletic department a financial lifeline. They could do quite a lot with SEC level cash. I’d prefer to watch them starve financially.

Treat them like the stray dog at the dinner table…Fido, you sit & watch the humans eat steak and if you’re a good boy, we might throw you a piece of grizzle when we’re through eating…and if not, well go eat your dog food and be happy with it, you little beggar.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. But it's probably inevitable at some point. The argument that A&M keeps making is that there's some unofficial agreement between SEC programs that they won't invite other in-state schools,.
There is an "unofficial agreement" between certain schools, specifically UF, Ugly, South Cakalaka for sure that they wont bring in Clowntown, Clemson or GA Tech. Im not sure any of the rest of the teams GAF or that even those votes are enough. But Im not great at maff.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see where you're going. You're wondering if this is good for UF. No, no it's not. Of course not. Nothing is ever good for us.
Threat getting ready to slit his wrists?

Who could have seen this coming?

This is a great development. NCAA was preparing to steal the P5 football money and send it to Hoffstra.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Stay where and from what other teams? If Oklahoma and Texas leave the big 12 is finished. Some will go to the pac 12, some to the big 10, the ACC may want WV and whatever is left will go group of 5.
I thought that the image of one team staying put and collecting money from all the others was funny. Obviously, I was wrong. Never meant to be taken seriously.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
There is an "unofficial agreement" between certain schools, specifically UF, Ugly, South Cakalaka for sure that they wont bring in Clowntown, Clemson or GA Tech. Im not sure any of the rest of the teams GAF or that even those votes are enough. But Im not great at maff.

Go check out the "Bezos" thread in the Lounge. It will make you feel a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator