Thanks for a Great Season, Gator Basketball!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
None of what you posted has anything to do with the fact we blew a great opportunity. Of course it is single elimination.

That's our difference. You're stuck in the trees, focused on what should and could have been. I'm in a helicopter 10,000 above it and seeing it all different.

I'll tell you what I saw today. I say Florida players lay it all on the line to try and win this game. I saw Florida players dreaming of playing in the Final Four and playing their hearts out. I saw tired Florida players because it had been barely 37 hours since the amazing overtime win over Wisconsin right back out there playing against the worst kind of opponent, a team that grinds you ALL. GAME. LONG. That wears on you mentally and physically.

And what I saw after the game was a Florida player on the bench sobbing over the loss. I don't know about you, but I was kind of touched by it. He obviously cared.

You choose to look at the game in terms of the paper matchup and hypothetically what should have happened. I choose to look at it situationally in terms of it being a single-elimination tournament, what the players go through on the way here and here, the grueling schedule, knowing one or two plays can affect the entire outcome and, well, a lot of stuff.

Our guys and our coaches may have blown it, but it wasn't for lack of effort or preparation. We weren't suppose to have gotten this far. Our starting center was out, we were tired and we were facing an opponent who in many ways we don't match up with well. Basketball is a funny game that way.

I'm disappointed but I'm cool with it and happy for my guys for all they accomplished this season.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's our difference. You're stuck in the trees, focused on what should and could have been. I'm in a helicopter 10,000 above it and seeing it all different.

I'll tell you what I saw today. I say Florida players lay it all on the line to try and win this game. I saw Florida players dreaming of playing in the Final Four and playing their hearts out. I saw tired Florida players because it had been barely 37 hours since the amazing

overtime win over Wisconsin right back out there playing against the worst kind of opponent, a team that grinds you ALL. GAME. LONG. That wears on you mentally and physically.

And what I saw after the game was a Florida player on the bench sobbing over the loss. I don't know about you, but I was kind of touched by it. He obviously cared.

You choose to look at the game in terms of the paper matchup and hypothetically what should have happened. I choose to look at it situationally in terms of it being a single-elimination tournament, what the players go through on the way here and here, the grueling schedule, knowing one or two plays can affect the entire outcome and, well, a lot of stuff.

Our guys and our coaches may have blown it, but it wasn't for lack of effort or preparation. We weren't suppose to have gotten this far. Our starting center was out, we were tired and we were facing an opponent who in many ways we don't match up with well. Basketball is a funny game that way.

I'm disappointed but I'm cool with it and happy for my guys for all they accomplished this season.

I realize you're talking about Devon regarding getting emotional at the end of the game. I know how hard our student athletes train, practice etc. I know how hard they work and that they hurt when their dreams come crashing down in an instant. It sucks and yes of course I feel for them . It doesn't change the fact we let this one slip right through our fingertips . It was right there

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well ATX, you shouldn't have got her so involved wearing your outfit.

img_6470-jpg.5339

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I realize you're talking about Devon regarding getting emotional at the end of the game. I know how hard our student athletes train, practice etc. I know how hard they work and that they hurt when their dreams come crashing down in an instant. It sucks and yes of course I feel for them . It doesn't change the fact we let this one slip right through our fingertips . It was right there

I get the sense this is more about you than the team or even the fans for that matter. Whatev. See you next season.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure where you're going with that. Sounds like you think we were outmanned with little hope

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am not the least bit surprised an individual that spent nearly four years tossing will
muschamps salad would start a thread celebrating a loss. I'm also not surprised said individual would dislike the fact that we blew
A great opportunity. but it is indeed the cold hard reality that we blew a fantastic opportunity losing to a team that isnt nearly as talented as 99.99999 percent of teams you see in a regional final.
Not celebrating a loss, I'm celebrating a great season. And when I get back to my computer you'll get more dislikes. While you're at it, you can join Ox f*cking yourselves. :dance:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not celebrating a loss, I'm celebrating a great season. And when I get back to my computer you'll get more dislikes. While you're at it, you can join Ox f*cking yourselves. :dance:

We're a program that has won multiple nationals titles, and been to four fInal fours . This was not a great season , but knock yourself out .

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
After two lifeless seasons, Mike White and his boys got us back on the national stage. Future looks bright!

Shout out to the basketball chatterbox crew, it was always a great time posting with you guys during games. :fistbump:

I am with you here. It is always disappointing in basketball when the season ends with only one exception. Still this was a fun team. Any basketball team that finishes with less than 10 losses had a great season.

This team by all measures is a top 10 team. It won its way to the round of 8. It is a top 10 team in the advanced metrics. Heck it is number 5 in Kenpom through the games of today.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am with you here. It is always disappointing in basketball when the season ends with only one exception. Still this was a fun team. Any basketball team that finishes with less than 10 losses had a great season.

This team by all measures is a top 10 team. It won its way to the round of 8. It is a top 10 team in the advanced metrics. Heck it is number 5 in Kenpom through the games of today.
Knew they were something special when we saw them play St. Bonnie's and Belmont in person earlier this year. Really bummed we only get one year of Canyon Barry, though.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
For USCe:
Thornwell was who he is, and Kotsar played solid for a freshman. The others didn't stand out to me individually, but as a team, USCe is on a roll. Great team defense, and unselfish team play on offense. Neither team was expected t be there, and either could have gone to Final4, but USCe earned it. Congrats to them.

For UF:
I don't know how far we'd have gone with Eg the back half of the season. I mean, his absence forced us to be a different team, one with Hayes as the inside power and others pitching in as they could. I think we may have done about as well as we did, maybe better though I'm not sure. I do think his absence changed our makeup, but for the better in the long run. Assuming he comes back, and/or Stone-Gak mature over next year, we can be a much better team than what we saw this year. Key will be PG play behind Chiozza next year, and if Allen goes pro how we fill that SG position. But I like the potential of our big men going forward.

HOWEVER, we're talking about this past year. For that, I gotta say thank you to White and the whole team (even Hill) for what we got as fans. Team exceeded expectations, took great strides in growing over the season. Well done, lads...well done, and Thank You.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not too bad... just a few living vicariously ledge jumpers wandering the thread... I don't keep up with all the nuances, but I hope we get or are grooming some muscle in the paint... Congrats Gators, love it when we have some skin in the big shows.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Can we also just say that any college basketball season not ending in a Gator national championship is still a great season when Kentucky loses their last game?

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Knock-knock-knock. Spikes, is that you?

LBSpikes? I've never been more insulted . In all seriousness I enjoy discussing our games both in real time and after the fact. Even when I'm told to go fist myself. Can't wait for gator football !!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have to say this team made it enjoyable to watch. Sure we get frustrated as hell with them and White, but hell, it is what it is. And there are a crap load of other fans that would have loved to been cheering for their team in the E8. This team over achieved in a year that I did not expect them to get as far as they did. Great job, thanks for a great season, and Go Gators.

Now take this crushing loss, build on it, and get better.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LBSpikes? I've never been more insulted . In all seriousness I enjoy discussing our games both in real time and after the fact. Even when I'm told to go fist myself. Can't wait for gator football !!

:lol: Sorry, I knew that was a low blow when I let loose.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I was in the stands at the N(ot) I(nvited)T(ournament) game last year when we lost to the frickin' Colonials of GWU.

We were only a game away from the "real" Final Four this year.
This team has progressed tremendously and I'm proud of how they fought and represented the Orange and Blue.
And as GatorStud said:
some muscle in the paint

We get big in the paint, we'll do well this next season.
In all kinds of weather...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Can we also just say that any college basketball season not ending in a Gator national championship is still a great season when Kentucky loses their last game?

I was happy to see UK lose too, then I saw this video and it made me feel for them as well.

Nothing but respect for Fox, I'd take him on my team any day. It's too bad he decided to play for Calipari though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.