The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
Also, if we get Taggart I’d be fine. If we got Strong I’d be fine. A lot of negative talk about Strong and there shouldn’t be. He had some rough years at UT, I’ll give you that. I think that certainly took the shine off him. He can still coach his ass off. Recruit top tier talent and bring in good offensive minds. All this talk about how you want an offensive guy, but Stoops was a defensive guy and had some of the very best offenses at Oklahoma. Why? Bc he brought in good offensive minds. Strong can do the same. I’m not completely advocating for him, I just think you all get stuck on one coach and then you’re hopes and dreams revolve around that person for UF. You set yourselves up for failure.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Also, if we get Taggart I’d be fine. If we got Strong I’d be fine. A lot of negative talk about Strong and there shouldn’t be. He had some rough years at UT, I’ll give you that. I think that certainly took the shine off him. He can still coach his ass off. Recruit top tier talent and bring in good offensive minds. All this talk about how you want an offensive guy, but Stoops was a defensive guy and had some of the very best offenses at Oklahoma. Why? Bc he brought in good offensive minds. Strong can do the same. I’m not completely advocating for him, I just think you all get stuck on one coach and then you’re hopes and dreams revolve around that person for UF. You set yourselves up for failure.

I really like Charlie, but trying to get the Texas stench out of the conversation. I felt from the start he would not succeed there due to it being Texas and their fan base. Not that we're any different, but Charlie wore the Orange and Blue for a long time. And hell was even an interim for a time being. Not saying he should be it, but not anything to go over the ledge on. I would prefer him over Taggert.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LSU: Ed Orgeron stated last night he expects offensive coordinator Matt Canada to pursue head coaching opportunities this offseason. Per Ross Dellenger’s tweet, Orgeron added that he hopes Canada lands one.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
It’s funny how at UF the standard for all sports not called football is be #1. But football, it’s well at least we tried hard . We keep and use built in excuses, facilities and micromanaging, to accept our failures.

Anyone in the business world with that attitude is on the way out the door immediately.

If you ain’t first your last and apparently the UAA likes cruising in the middle of the pack

Foley and Co. decided it was better to be mediocre in football than put up with the out-of-control culture of someone like Meyer and championship football teams that turn into zoos.

I'm more and more convinced that we did not end up here through fate or bad luck. A conscious decision was made to bring the football team down a notch in order to keep it under the control of the UAA and the boosters. They assumed loyal fans would turn up anyway. Turns out we went down SEVERAL notches and fans are pissed off. Lots of people I know are giving up season tickets.

Your statement about making everything BUT football #1 is testament to this fact.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody know what Lovie Smith is up to? Could be a good fallback option.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Strickland BETTER get this right or his tenure here won't be a happy one coupled with partially empty stands.

I agree he must get this right but look at our attendance record thru 3 bad coaches. Gator fans still show up for games.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
Foley and Co. decided it was better to be mediocre in football than put up with the out-of-control culture of someone like Meyer and championship football teams that turn into zoos.

I'm more and more convinced that we did not end up here through fate or bad luck. A conscious decision was made to bring the football team down a notch in order to keep it under the control of the UAA and the boosters. They assumed loyal fans would turn up anyway. Turns out we went down SEVERAL notches and fans are pissed off. Lots of people I know are giving up season tickets.

Your statement about making everything BUT football #1 is testament to this fact.

I could believe this. It’s cowardly thinking.

brittanygator

Nov 25, 2017
While we have been down for a while now, and our facilities are in bad shape, we are still Florida. This can be correcting with the right scheme and coaching. The recruiting is fertile and you have all the resources you need in that regard. I mean, Miami doesn't even have an on campus stadium and Mark Richt already has them competing at a much higher level. Coaches passing on us based on some of the things we've heard about is just plain ignorant.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The aggressive pursuit of Kelly would have been great if it had succeeded. It would have been okay if it had failed but not become widely publicized. But the combination of the wide publicity plus the failure has got to hurt future chances of getting a top coach this round.

Bama , UGA, FSU, Auburn, hell even Miami would've landed Kelly. We are the only school that could **** up that situation. Now we won't get frost either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.