The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am starting to see Taggert's name thrown around A LOT in articles. Don't really know much about him and that would probably be a VERY underwhelming hire to say the least...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am not endorsing or wishing for anyone in particular yet as we have lots of time, but I did say something about Campbell at ISU the other day and here are a couple quotes I really liked.

"Fall in love with the process,"
"You're constantly teaching, and you've got to constantly remind yourself that our margin for error is so small. And it's got to start with me."
Room still exists in the game today to stress attitude, discipline and effort, Campbell said.

None of that existed here under Butters. There was no process. There was no accountability. There was no discipline.

I keep hearing that maybe Coach X is too young, or Coach Y has only been there x years, or Coach Z has not been a head coach. I get all that, but to me lots about being a great coach in Innate. Sure you can learn some things but IMO,most great leadership skills come from within.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am not endorsing or wishing for anyone in particular yet as we have lots of time, but I did say something about Campbell at ISU the other day and here are a couple quotes I really liked.

"Fall in love with the process,"
"You're constantly teaching, and you've got to constantly remind yourself that our margin for error is so small. And it's got to start with me."
Room still exists in the game today to stress attitude, discipline and effort, Campbell said.

None of that existed here under Butters. There was no process. There was no accountability. There was no discipline.

I keep hearing that maybe Coach X is too young, or Coach Y has only been there x years, or Coach Z has not been a head coach. I get all that, but to me lots about being a great coach in Innate. Sure you can learn some things but IMO,most great leadership skills come from within.
And I can't say it enough, the guy played at Mount Union. If there's any college football program at ANY level that knows the process to winning, it's them. He's even said that he pulled a lot of the same things they did at Mount into his coaching strategy at Toledo and ISU.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Of all the candidates out there, if I made a top 10 list, Taggert would be around 8-9. What a disappointing hire he'd be. Ugh!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
And I can't say it enough, the guy played at Mount Union. If there's any college football program at ANY level that knows the process to winning, it's them. He's even said that he pulled a lot of the same things they did at Mount into his coaching strategy at Toledo and ISU.

Disclaimer:Okay my reply is pure Sarcasm so take with grain of salt. here is what I see coming from the massess.

Well Campbell can't be coach at UF. He played at Mount Union? I don;t care that they have won 6000 football championships. what is that Divison 23? That does not count. Hell at least Nicky S. played ball or rode the bench at Kent St. which is lowest Division 1. And Campbell has only coached in the MAC and Iowa St. Heck there is no pressure in Ames, Iowa. He probably could not handle the Gator Nation. Too Young Too Green. Heck even Frost played at 2 D-1 colleges and had a cup of coffee in the NFL. Played offense in college and defense in NFL. So what side of ball is he best at? And he only coaches at a directional school................................................

Sometimes resumes are deceiving and from within is where the assets are!!!!

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
You can’t downgrade a coach because of the conference he coaches in. Frost is blowing out teams that are the same talent as his star wise. The guys at Iowa State is beating Top 5 teams with a 2 star roster. Both are exceeding expectations.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Best friend’s brother played at Mount Union. Pretty neat, huh?

Anyway, Frost > Fuente. Don’t debate me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mt Union has won at least 60 straight championships. Real ones, not Trailerbammer mythical ones.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are you concerned that Frost is a guy who so far this year has passed only 42% of the time and last year passed only 46% of the time?
Are you concerned that their passing offense is ranked 15th nationally averaging 313 YPG? Or that UCF's offense was ranked 127 out of 127 the year before Frost got there and are now ranked 5th in total offense and 1st in several categories in a year and a half?

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Frost is great...on paper. His heart though is with UNL (I know, don't write). We may just have forced Nebraska's hand into going for him. Read somewhere that all they would have to do is send Tom Osborne to ask and it's done.

What worries me is that if Frost signs on here, it will just be a quick stepping stone to UNL - just like the Head Esophagus did but minus the NCs.
UNL? Who the hell is UNL? What's with some people on here using abbreviations for schools that have never been used....ever? I've seen UAL for BAMA and LU for Louisville and a couple more I can't remember.

o_O

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I couldn’t care less about run/pass percentages. All I care about is moving the ball, scoring points, and having a fun offense again...no matter how it’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator