The defense

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree....who do you put in his place? Our secondary coach sucks balls and we knew LBer was going to be an abortion this year. You're not going to stop a player like Daniels OR his WR's but like Ox said you have to tackle the MFer after he catches the ball or before the QB is 25 yards down the field.....THAT FALLS STRAIGHT into the secondaries duties and somewhat LBer's.

I can't make a turd smell like roses but one bright spot if any is Castell, the kid from Orlando as he is the only one who I've seen keep up in coverage and lay the wood on a couple of tackles.....Kimber and Marshall need to turn in their pads and equipment along with their coach's resignation.
What does it matter? It’s already the worst. Give somebody else a shot to polish the turd.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What does it matter? It’s already the worst. Give somebody else a shot to polish the turd.
Well I'm all for firing Karl and the whole staff but as I've been told that just isn't likely....at the moment.....maybe after the sting of losing 5 in a row and watching UGA and Fsux play for the title the pent up angst will boil over and the whole mess from top to bottom gets douched like I said should happen after last year.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree....who do you put in his place? Our secondary coach sucks balls and we knew LBer was going to be an abortion this year. You're not going to stop a player like Daniels OR his WR's but like Ox said you have to tackle the MFer after he catches the ball or before the QB is 25 yards down the field.....THAT FALLS STRAIGHT into the secondaries duties and somewhat LBer's.

I can't make a turd smell like roses but one bright spot if any is Castell, the kid from Orlando as he is the only one who I've seen keep up in coverage and lay the wood on a couple of tackles.....Kimber and Marshall need to turn in their pads and equipment along with their coach's resignation.

Castell was awful last night fyi :lol:

Our safety play looks like two Kyle Jacksons back there

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Castell was awful last night fyi :lol:

Our safety play looks like two Kyle Jacksons back there
He's played worlds better than anyone else back there over the last 2 weeks...the rest of them look like they've been playing flag football their entire lives when it comes to tackling anyone and looks like the are still trying to social distance in coverage

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I'm old enough to remember after the Utah game this year many here thought Nappy had found the next Dan Quinn in Armstrong.

Turns out he really did find him working at a Circle K.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure why I did this but just watched a highlights video of this game and I've noticed it all season....Kimber and Marshall are actually AVOIDING contact/tackling....they're not even trying. They need to be kicked from the team....Perhaps they're involved in gambling against UF or points, but somethings not right here.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why I did this but just watched a highlights video of this game and I've noticed it all season....Kimber and Marshall are actually AVOIDING contact/tackling....they're not even trying. They need to be kicked from the team....Perhaps they're involved in gambling against UF or points, but somethings not right here.

“CuLtUrE”

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Most ironic thing is our DL coach’s nickname is “Coach Chaos” :lol:

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Just wait, we have 2 more embarrassing defensive performances to go.
I think next week at Missouri will be worse. Maybe not statistically, but they have a legit QB, the best RB in the SEC and two future NFL receivers. Oh yeah, and their 31 yr old OC is future star HC in the making. Good times.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I think next week at Missouri will be worse. Maybe not statistically, but they have a legit QB, the best RB in the SEC and two future NFL receivers. Oh yeah, and their 31 yr old OC is future star HC in the making. Good times.

Agree, we’ll have a hard time scoring 20 points on them and we’ll offer little resistance defensively.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They are just pussies and play for incompetent bozos . Nothing more nothing less

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think his most interesting take is on Jason Marshall. He said this is a different defense schematically in the backfield than it was with Toney. He said, so technically Jason Marshall has been under three different defensive schemes in three years.

And he’s also being asked to take up the slack for the freshman, defensive players, and so he is always having to keep an eye out, which is taking him from being fully focused on his man.

He also said that there are so many freshman players on defense and they started to hit a wall a couple games ago. And that wall started as competition got harder. He said in the NFL they call it the rookie wall.

He said the game is still going really fast for them but they’re getting a lot of experience. He said the talent is there. But the knowledge of the scheme is not completely.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I agree that the defense has hit the "rookie wall". Thier legs are gone. I was expecting it.

Young players with young back ups and the back ups aren't very talented. Even some of the starters aren't as talented as UF "traditionally" has.

There are players taking plays off or not playing to the whistle.

This defensive group we are bringing in (assuming the class holds) will help build competition at most positions.

Still need a stellar class next year to develop a competitive, talented two deep.

Right now, the OL talent really concerns me more than defense (assuming the class holds)

Not buying Marshall.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love my 5-5 coach. I understand my 5-5 coach. I empathize with my 5-5 coach. I forgive my 5-5 coach. I also lie like hell.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm old enough to remember after the Utah game this year many here thought Nappy had found the next Dan Quinn in Armstrong.

Turns out he really did find him working at a Circle K.
Keanu Reeves 80S GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator