The defense

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Not sure why I did this but just watched a highlights video of this game and I've noticed it all season....Kimber and Marshall are actually AVOIDING contact/tackling....they're not even trying. They need to be kicked from the team....Perhaps they're involved in gambling against UF or points, but somethings not right here.
They both think they have a chance to get drafted and aren't interested in getting hurt. OR they are transferring again. But you are absolutely right, they avoid contact.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
The defense is record setting.

We all wanted to like Dez and Co, but they are only good for a few plays. Fat and tired. Maybe the could give some food to the LB?

Slow and tentative. They need size and speed everywhere
That had me laughing.

Add instinct and desire.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I did not listen to Snell but read what others wrote. I will buy a little of it, but ZERO on Marshall. Marshall plays CB. We play man. Marshall; is responsible for the widest guy on his side of the field, period end of story. If they play field corner or boundary corner, then Marshall is responsible for the widest guy on that side. Covering up for others is horseshyt. That is what safetys do even though ours are not aware of that.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
We have safeties?
Yeah, they’re okay. Castell will be great if/once he learns how to tackle in the open field. Thornton is better than Mitchell already as a true freshman, which isn’t saying much.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yeah, they’re okay. Castell will be great if/once he learns how to tackle in the open field. Thornton is better than Mitchell already as a true freshman, which isn’t saying much.
I have a different take on the term great attached to safetys. Yes they need to be able to tackle, but if they can't cover the way the game is played today, if they can't decipher routes and schemes and if they can't understand the most basic concept of "deeper than the deepest", then they are useless. I have heard about how great Castell is and I have not seen it, But he occasionally is in the wide view in pass coverage and he is the only one. He did intercept one horrendously thrown ball against the Hogs I think. #10 and #18 are just plain terrible. As someone asked. If they were not listed as safetys no one would know we had any.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I did not listen to Snell but read what others wrote. I will buy a little of it, but ZERO on Marshall. Marshall plays CB. We play man. Marshall; is responsible for the widest guy on his side of the field, period end of story. If they play field corner or boundary corner, then Marshall is responsible for the widest guy on that side. Covering up for others is horseshyt. That is what safetys do even though ours are not aware of that.
I agree. I don't see the brains or effort from Marshall.

Same with Princely. He's more interesting in his stats than helping the team. He never follows the ball if it goes opposite him. Yes... you rush the passer but if they hand it off and it goes the opposite way you still need to pursue. Damn guy just stops.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They both think they have a chance to get drafted and aren't interested in getting hurt. OR they are transferring again. But you are absolutely right, they avoid contact.
That was my first thought. Kimber and Marshal are playing not to get hurt. But then I reconsidered and decided. Nah, they're just puzzies.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There should be fights in that locker room.
Players should hate this and be embarrassed about the way they are playing . Standards have to be set and played to every Saturday . The Billy standard is losing football and this pitiful defense is merely part of the problem . Fight in the locker room and make gator football great again !

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Billy just needs more time . We were left with Vandy level talent . And after Tyron left almost two years ago we haven’t been able to replace him . Everyone knows it’s takes at least 5 years if we’re lucky to find a decent linebacker. Maybe even 7 or 8

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stupidity
Come on now . This is spiteful and uncalled for . Billy is doing the best he can with what he’s got, right? . In fact he has my vote for SEC coach of the year . I’m proud of him and gator nation should be too if that
Makes sense .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator