The fake

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's just one word. Nonetheless, the ball hit the ground so it was either a fumble or an incomplete pass. It couldn't be anything else. Now, if the kicker had bobbled the ball I suppose they could opine that he was the fumbler and therefor allowed to advance the ball. But the ball hit the ground before the kicker touched it, making the holder the fumbler.

In any event, it is once again a pass thrown by a guy with his knee on the ground well after the kicker is no longer in a position to either kick the ball or simulate a kick. Contrast this to the fake we ran against the puppies last year when McNeely, the holder, immediately stood up with the ball while the kicker was in position to make the kick.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Another annoying "hit & run" smash by Miles that leaves eye-witnesses for the victims babbling about it all ??
Best to bring this roil up next season before the LSU game.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you're correct about it being one word. I always hated this.

[video=youtube;06kqAggT49E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06kqAggT49E[/video]

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n299415 said:
Miles said he noticed something in our FG defensive alignment while watching tapes of our play this year so he decided to put the fake in this week. Nord needs to step it up or get canned.

yeah what he noticed was our helmets said Gators on the side. Then he laughed and said" they are so aggressive on low percentage plays that we will throw it to our kicker.......again"

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Question...while watching the "Fumbler" video above by CCC, did anybody else see the video of Chris Angel removing bras from women?

It's really the only thing worth talking about in this thread. :exactly:

Cause Nord not expecting a fake FG attempt by Les is ridiculous!

And why a throw from a knee is allowed to continue is even more ridiculous. :facepalm:

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jand3k;n300000 said:
Question...while watching the "Fumbler" video above by CCC, did anybody else see the video of Chris Angel removing bras from women?

It's really the only thing worth talking about in this thread. :exactly:

Cause Nord not expecting a fake FG attempt by Les is ridiculous!

And why a throw from a knee is allowed to continue is even more ridiculous. :facepalm:
You really need to watch the one there with Warren Haynes and DMB playing Cortez the Killer. Haynes and Tim Reynolds absolutely blister it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n299314 said:
I don't think it was a lateral dude, the angle they kept showing shower the ball moving forward.

By the rules the holder is an exception and it was a legal play. I looked it up, the holder is an exception when it comes to the knee being down.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody tackles the FG holder because he's kneeling. They should apply a requirement that he at least rises off
his grounded knee so he can be recognized as a tackle-able player.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n299310 said:
i don't want to hear the "oh we weren't expected to win this game anyways" or the "to be that close with our backup QB was a miracle" BS. That fake field goal was inexcusable and so painfully obvious. I couldn't really sleep and if will probably haunt me all week.

Other notes:
-DBU better never call themselves that again
-Poole, wth are you doing kid?
-that was our ball when fournette fumbled
-everyone played their hearts out which was awesome
-treon was good enough to win outside of those last two drives but there were guys wide open most plays that he was just not getting the ball to. Hopefully that improves in time or we are in trouble
-game was lost because of the defense, but conversely the defense is the only reason we stayed in it
-**** that scrawny ass kicker
-you shouldn't be able to throw a pass forward with your knee on the ground
-Calloway is a monster
-seriously we lost on that ****ing fake again???!?!!!???!!!???!!!

1. It was a bad quarter for our DB's, all defenses have a bad quarter
2. Poole is trying to hard to make up for our lack of LB's, not his job
3. The argument is control wasn't made until he was out of bounds
4. Agreed, we outplayed LSU for 3 quarters. The post game shows all said we were the most impressive team on Saturday
5. Harris needs improvement
6. We dont' have kickers, and theirs rushed for a touchdown
7. Exception for holders, dumb rule, but a rule never the less
8. Calloway has been better than advertised
9. Everyone in the nation knew it was a fake except for the 11 players on the field and the coaching staff.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n300127 said:
Nobody tackles the FG holder because he's kneeling. They should apply a requirement that he at least rises off
his grounded knee so he can be recognized as a tackle-able player.

^This

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
#9-Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

I still don't agree with the outcome of #3 however when it goes upstairs for review, it is what it is.
From Definitions: f. When in question, the catch, recovery or interception is not completed.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
MatthewM.;n299310 said:
treon was good enough to win outside of those last two drives but there were guys wide open most plays that he was just not getting the ball to. Hopefully that improves in time or we are in trouble
I disagree with you here. He was good enough not to lose but he was not good enough to win. He had to do more to win and he didn't.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n299473 said:
If we are going to have a thread dedicated to one play, it should be the last TD LSU scored in the first half. That one was far far worse than the fake field goal
^ This!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n300400 said:
I disagree with you here. He was good enough not to lose but he was not good enough to win. He had to do more to win and he didn't.
Yayyyyy... another thread that dismisses our moron DC giving up 28 points in a quarter and blames it all Treon. So glad to see another of these.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n300436 said:
Yayyyyy... another thread that dismisses our moron DC giving up 28 points in a quarter and blames it all Treon. So glad to see another of these.

Yep. The defense gets little criticism, Grier gets almost none, but Treon is the fall guy. Moronic isn't it?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
MJMGator;n300441 said:
Yep. The defense gets little criticism, Grier gets almost none, but Treon is the fall guy. Moronic isn't it?

Heck I started a thread about this and got bashed. Treon is what he is right now, but that doesn't change the fact that we gave up a 4TD quarter and a fake field goal to a guy who always fakes field goals against us.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n300436 said:

I didn't blame Treon and I agree that the D is mostly to blame cough DBU cough. All I was saying is that TH could've done more and make better reads is all.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When you lose the critics fall all over themselves proving their expertise from that armchair. When you win it is
WE BAD .......We bad [video=youtube;V8rbyFgsDEs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rbyFgsDEs[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.