The Kyle Trask Thread

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was a .87, 3* composite. Even the Gators only offered him on Oct 21, 2016 and he committed on Oct 26.

So you are going with a composite ranking, which includes the good services with the garbage services... makes sense...

leogator

May 5, 2018
Yet that 2* is battling a high 4* for the Gator's starting QB job. How cool is that (with a Butters grin).

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Trask is 240lbs. If our O-line can give him just a crease on that read option, he could pick up 3-4 yards just by falling forward. We just gotta hope he can read the DE and give it to the RB or keep it at the appropriate time.
I am hoping that Emory Jones sets himself apart when fall practice starts. I was originally hoping Franks could just get it together somehow. But if EJ looks like he's got the most potential then I wish Mullen would just go with him. It might help in recruiting if kids see EJ showing promise. Maybe some elite players flip or we can still have a shot at T. Sanders if they want to come play with EJ.
I think we all know that Mullen is going to play the QB that's safest with ball security. It's probably going to be Trask. He's the right mold for Mullen's ideal QB. He's probably not going to ask the QB to do a lot. I'm expecting some direct snaps to Toney or some of the other Receivers that can handle shotgun snaps and maybe some RBs.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Trask is 240lbs. If our O-line can give him just a crease on that read option, he could pick up 3-4 yards just by falling forward. We just gotta hope he can read the DE and give it to the RB or keep it at the appropriate time.
I am hoping that Emory Jones sets himself apart when fall practice starts. I was originally hoping Franks could just get it together somehow. But if EJ looks like he's got the most potential then I wish Mullen would just go with him. It might help in recruiting if kids see EJ showing promise. Maybe some elite players flip or we can still have a shot at T. Sanders if they want to come play with EJ.
I think we all know that Mullen is going to play the QB that's safest with ball security. It's probably going to be Trask. He's the right mold for Mullen's ideal QB. He's probably not going to ask the QB to do a lot. I'm expecting some direct snaps to Toney or some of the other Receivers that can handle shotgun snaps and maybe some RBs.
I am anticipating an offense that's heavy on running. Whoever our QB is won't be asked to carry the load to the tune of Fitzerald. We have some very explosive backs that showed what they can do last year. We will pass to keep the defense honest and we will run the QB to do the same. I am expecting the OL to be much better, not Alabama better but Miss State better. I expect us to be tough and physical.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
All I'm asking is let him have the second quarter against Charleston, a series or two against Kentucky.

I agree. He has worked his tail off and deserves to show everyone what he can do in a real game even if he were to fail miserably.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I agree. He has worked his tail off and deserves to show everyone what he can do in a real game even if he were to fail miserably.
Look, Dan Mullen could have shown him the door. He could have brought 2 QBs in the 2018 class. He could have brought Joe Murrow or even Sandberg He didn't. I thought he was foolish not doing so. He must see something good in these QB. Even if Trask is your insurance policy, you need to give him some series under live fire to see how he does. That's all.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Look, Dan Mullen could have shown him the door. He could have brought 2 QBs in the 2018 class. He could have brought Joe Murrow or even Sandberg He didn't. I thought he was foolish not doing so. He must see something good in these QB. Even if Trask is your insurance policy, you need to give him some series under live fire to see how he does. That's all.

I personally believe he will do a decent job.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

giphy.gif

The only thing he deserves is what he earns, no more, no less. Going out and working hard doesn't get you schit unless you produce.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Mullen had rougly two weeks before early signing period ended to get together a class, and he did well in doing so.. but to assuming he was going to get two blu-chip or two functional quarterbacks in that time is crazy. He pulled a rabbit out of his hat getting Jones. Trask has to stay on just due to the numbers at the position. At the least he is a camp arm. I do agree giving him some live game action wouldn't hurt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yet that 2* is battling a high 4* for the Gator's starting QB job. How cool is that (with a Butters grin).
If we dont have a QB better than Trash or Franks, we are in trouble, that's what it tells me.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
giphy.gif

The only thing he deserves is what he earns, no more, no less. Going out and working hard doesn't get you schit unless you produce.

Exactly Mr Einstein. My point is the kid has worked hard enough and has shown he is able to nip at the heels of a 4 star QB. He may not be an SEC QB but he has earned a shot to show what he can do. Franks on the other hand has proved he should not be the starter. I agree that EJ is our only chance of real success.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly Mr Einstein. My point is the kid has worked hard enough and has shown he is able to nip at the heels of a 4 star QB. He may not be an SEC QB but he has earned a shot to show what he can do. Franks on the other hand has proved he should not be the starter. I agree that EJ is our only chance of real success.

He is able to nip at the heels of an under developed supremely athletically gifted that everyone and their brother knew was 3 years away. That's not a great feat. All that Franks proved is that he should haven't started (nor should anyone) under the Nuss/McElwain regime especially two years too early.

No one gives a schit that he has worked hard, there have been thousands of UF players who worked hard and never saw a down on the field. But got their 4 year degrees, so far that is all that Trask has earned. He hasn't earned more than that. He hasn't even "earned" the ability to dress to this point.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Mullen had rougly two weeks before early signing period ended to get together a class, and he did well in doing so.. but to assuming he was going to get two blu-chip or two functional quarterbacks in that time is crazy. He pulled a rabbit out of his hat getting Jones. Trask has to stay on just due to the numbers at the position. At the least he is a camp arm. I do agree giving him some live game action wouldn't hurt.
A serviceable QB you say? Wyatt Rector out of Leesburg? I also remember a guy called Michael Penix out of Tampa.

leogator

May 5, 2018
How exactly has Trask showed up Franks... being ineffective in a meaningless spring game?
By pushing him all spring long. Franks did not exactly light it up either besides the long TD to McGriff. Oh and that long run? That would have been a 6-7 yard gain in a regular game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.