The Muschamp (lack of) Success Formula is Alive and (un)Well

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You’re saying that Kirby & Muschamp are the same except for recruiting, meaning they’re both inept at fielding offenses and that’s not true. Muschamp recruited top 5 classes at Florida AND he walked in to plenty of talent across the board his first day on the job. He had plenty of offensive firepower yet struggled to score points. That’s not anywhere near the same as Georgia. You also said that Georgia’s offense thrives against lesser talented teams. Why didn’t Muschamp’s Florida offenses thrive against lesser talented teams? He got beat by Georgia Southern for heaven’s sake. We had to hang on against the likes of Louisiana LaFayette, Bowling Green, Missouri (at least when he beat them), etc. Georgia’s offense has never struggled so routinely against crap teams under Kirby. See the difference? No offense (no pun intended) but you’re grasping at straws on this one.
Not saying I agree with the overall premise, but Shart’s recruiting has been far superior to what Chimp did here, as well as being far more balanced. And while Chimp inherited some good talent, so did Shart. The team he took to title game was dominated by Richt’s recruits. As for the offense, the o-line and running back recruiting at Ugly far, far, exceeds anything we saw here. I think we all know how well they’ve recruited at the QB position.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Muschamp…Wise Words?

Is that not an OXY-MORON?

USATSI_10390733-1024x512.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nope. I dont hate him because he sucked as a coach. Big difference.

Hate is a term reserved for McElwain because he tried to tear dow. The program with his incompetence. When he started sucking, he made up bs lies to throw attention elsewhere.

Dont want WM or RZ coaching the Gators, but hate? Nope

If you don't think WM tried to tear down the program with his incompetence, I don't know what to tell you. He inherited a team full of current NFL players and either ran them off, or ran them into the ground with his nonsense. He and JM didn't have remotely the same starting points, and through their first three seasons, JM had a better record despite those circumstances.

And as for bs lies to throw attention elsewhere, do you mean things like "Urban left a broken program", "midline", "get a grip, I won 11 games last year", etc.? Is that what you mean?

But just to really put into perspective this "bad coach but good guy" you're defending. When Mark Richt was fired from uga after taking them to levels not seen since the early '80s and averaging 9+ wins, he took a job at miami. Shortly after, his long time commit, Jacob Eason, who was going to uga because of him, called and asked what he should do. Richt told him he should stick and didn't even encourage a visit to the canes. That, my friend, is leaving with a measure of class and being decent about it.

In stark contrast, WM had his children wearing Aub clothes to their Gville schools immediately after being fired here and instantly began almost solely recruiting the players that were either committed or heavy UF leans, trashing his former program in the process.

I'm all for dissenting opinions, and you're certainly welcome to your own. But make not mistake about this, WM is an arrogant prick who deserves every ounce of disdain that comes his way from UF fans.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Just remember Charlie Weis as OC

This is a depressing post because he was probably the best OC we had for a decade pre-Mullen.

As to Bushmaster and Zook, just because you have a mentally challenged relative and shouldn’t pick on him for it, you still might hate him if he accepted several million dollars to work as a security guard of your house, but instead started a fire and watched it burn without grabbing a fire extinguisher. Yes, it’s mostly the fault of the guy who hired him, but it’s still hard to look past.

Fortunately, Machen saw the fire starting and brought his own fire fighter in Meyer before the entire building burned down.

Unsatisfied with only one wing of the house charred, and not needing to fix it to keep up with the neighbors’ property values, Foley finished the job by hiring a Dawg to restart the inferno.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Already posting buyout stories on the USC boards:

Comparing Muschamp's buyout terms to the rest of the SEC

Comparing Muschamp's buyout terms to the rest of the SEC

The total sum of Muschamp’s contract, including this season, is $29.4 million. Seventy-five percent of that total is $22.05 million, which is what would be owed to Muschamp if he’s terminated before December 31, 2019. If he’s terminated effective January 1, he would be owed $18.75 million as a buyout.

The number would drop as follows:
If terminated on Jan. 1, 2021: $15.3 million
If terminated on Jan. 1, 2022: $11.7 million
If terminated on Jan. 1, 2023: $7.95 million
If terminated on Jan. 1, 2024: $4.05 million

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how you pay this much money to a coach no one else wanted.

it's not like this is an elite coach and you're bidding against five other teams.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

it's not like this is an elite coach and you're bidding against five other teams.

It's the same thing Tenn did w/ Pruitt. At least the Miss schools gave their two coaches a small buyout (somewhere around $2 million, which is significantly smaller than these huge buyouts for unproven/unwanted coaches)...

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Either Spurrier was drunk when he recommended mushchump or he knew exactly what he was doing...

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Either Spurrier was drunk when he recommended mushchump or he knew exactly what he was doing...

I think he was getting some payback for when they sh*t all over him at the end after he had given them the best years in their history of playing football. If it wasn’t for Spurrier’s 86-49 record while was was there they’d be under .500 overall in their history.

Last edited:

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
No, he was getting payback for when they sh*t all over him at the end after he had given them their best years they had ever seen in their history. A place they’ll never see again.

I think he was getting some payback for when they sh*t all over him at the end after he had given them the best years in their history of playing football.
They begged Spurrier into staying when he told them he was completely burned out.

MTGator

Lifetime Member
Sep 11, 2017

I don’t get why programs pay obscene amounts to coaches who have a well documented history of failure. It’s one thing to pay a supposed up and coming coach (Butters) who has shown success at a lower level and believe/hope that success will follow, but to (over)pay a coach who has already proven he can’t run a program, unless it’s into the ground, is mind boggling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.