The National Signing Day Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Adding to Mariannas post, the top members of 247s staff are putting these picks in, and they are at the UA practice. Emory Jones and Dean are working hard it seems

Edit: ignore any pick from Cory Knowles. Thats unclesilkk and hes funny as hell, but isnt an insider.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Adding to Mariannas post, the top members of 247s staff are putting these picks in, and they are at the UA practice. Emory Jones and Dean are working hard it seems

Edit: ignore any pick from Cory Knowles. Thats unclesilkk and hes funny as hell, but isnt an insider.
I thought he was plugged into whatever city he’s in. Not an insider as far as Nationally, just his small area. Is that not the case?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anyone concerned we're going to whiff on a freshman DL? Cyonis Miller is visiting, but he's an Alabama (HS) kid and committed to Auburn.

I think we get the two JUCO's (or at least one of them) DL's, but I really want to see a HS kid in this class.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone concerned we're going to whiff on a freshman DL? Cyonis Miller is visiting, but he's an Alabama (HS) kid and committed to Auburn.

I think we get the two JUCO's (or at least one of them) DL's, but I really want to see a HS kid in this class.

I think we pull one or two. I think once Sunseri is announced.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nope? What nope? Motivation is not unambiguous, but that Urban encouraged him to go is simple fact. In an event honoring seniors, Urban pulled Siler, a junior, up with them saying that he needed to leave with the seniors.

So what. Siler was projected 2nd rounder and ran a 4.52 forty to Spikes 5.05. Spikes was caught out of position repeatedly compared to Siler.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Siler was good, and quite the run stopping beast himself. Not as good in the other aspects, but we could use three of him right now.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think we have chatmans last visit too.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
So what. Siler was projected 2nd rounder and ran a 4.52 forty to Spikes 5.05. Spikes was caught out of position repeatedly compared to Siler.
As I said originally, "maybe". Here, however, is a test to see if you are rational or merely enamored of a favorite player.

If Sller had returned, do you think he would have been on the field for running plays? If your answer is "Yes", then you are merely expressing fondness for a favorite player.

Incidentally, Siler was one of my favorites as well. I was very disappointed when he left for the NFL.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
As I said originally, "maybe". Here, however, is a test to see if you are rational or merely enamored of a favorite player.

If Sller had returned, do you think he would have been on the field for running plays? If your answer is "Yes", then you are merely expressing fondness for a favorite player.

Incidentally, Siler was one of my favorites as well. I was very disappointed when he left for the NFL.

It doesn't really matter what we think, but Siler was twice the player Spikes was to me. Spikes was stiff and slow and I just never liked his play for whatever reason.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Auburn DT commit Coynis Miller is giving the #Gators another look after he originally called the #Gators his leader last spring. Miller is planning on visiting Florida again as well. Miller talks UF and visits here http://ow.ly/JRp430hyXzn

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I always liked Andra Davis. As for Siler, Urban encouraged kids who would be drafted high to enter the draft. Probably still does. RFN was in the same situation. No way you’d rather have Spikes over Siler that year. I can see Spikes as a Jr or Sr but not as a Soph.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I always liked Andra Davis. As for Siler, Urban encouraged kids who would be drafted high to enter the draft. Probably still does. RFN was in the same situation. No way you’d rather have Spikes over Siler that year. I can see Spikes as a Jr or Sr but not as a Soph.
spikes was encouraged for the same reason a number of others were and have been by urbs over the years. If you are a projected 1st rounder or early 2nd with a possibility to go in the 1st urbs normally encourages you to go. It's that simple. People need to quit trying to read into it what they want which is personal bias that Spikes is just so much cooler than Siler.

And AR comparing them on run plays? Really? I'm sure there were some things that Spikes did better than Siler, but run stoppage was not one of them. Siler was THE ultimate runstopper at the MLB position. Dude was a monster in that regard, Spikes didn't even compare in his prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.