The next wave I expect to pop

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's listed as a 5* and the #4 Safety by 247Sports

Just to be clear, I didn't mean that I think the rating services have him as the number one safety in the country. I'm saying that I think that he's the number one safety in the country.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Just to be clear, I didn't mean that I think the rating services have him as the number one safety in the country. I'm saying that I think that he's the number one safety in the country.

Not judging in any way, just providing the information. Sometimes that doesn't come out as clear in text.

Now that he's committed to the good guys he has my vote for best safety as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not judging in any way, just providing the information. Sometimes that doesn't come out as clear in text.

Now that he's committed to the good guys he has my vote for best safety as well.

Thanks for showing that it was 247 that did it. I'd like to see us get an elite safety this year. And then when we get McRae next year, that will be back to back years with elite prospects. We will be set at safety for the next five years.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If Mac gets a top 2/3 class...yeah...that's exactly what needs to be done and it would be huge. Top 3 class and going 9-3 without blow outs. And that is massive progress. Year 4 expectations would be SEC title and playoffs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ok , we've gotten extremely hot on the trail. I know I'm excited at the moment about it. I have 2 questions.

1. Who is committing with Copeland in the video?

2. How realistic is it for us to end up with the #1 class?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Ok , we've gotten extremely hot on the trail. I know I'm excited at the moment about it. I have 2 questions.

Matty Ice seems to think that we'll end up at #1 and he certainly knows more about who will sign than anyone else. However, we would have to sign at least 25, drop a couple of the lower ranked commits and land a couple that don't appear to be likely at the time.

For instance, if we drop Williams and Gammage and then get Pierce, Copeland, Schwartz, Barnes, Petit-Frere, Gouraige, Parsons, Silvera, Tindall, Surtain, Campbell and Tyreke Johnson then we would have 26 signees and a score of 310.24. That score would have a very good chance of being the top ranked class.

However, I think it's doubtful we get all of those players.

If you take Surtain out the score drops to 303.64 which would still have a decent shot at being the top ranked class.

If you take out Surtain and Parsons then the score drops to 296.38 and would likely be a top 2 or 3 class.

Of course, there's always the chance that we will land players that aren't in the mix at the current time. Also, the player rankings will change over the course of the season.

I think top 5 appears to be attainable, top 3 is certainly possible, but #1 is a long shot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't know about the first question – but as for the second question, I don't think anybody will be able to overcome Ohio State.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Matty Ice seems to think that we'll end up at #1 and he certainly knows more about who will sign than anyone else. However, we would have to sign at least 25, drop a couple of the lower ranked commits and land a couple that don't appear to be likely at the time.

For instance, if we drop Williams and Gammage and then get Pierce, Copeland, Schwartz, Barnes, Petit-Frere, Gouraige, Parsons, Silvera, Tindall, Surtain, Campbell and Tyreke Johnson then we would have 26 signees and a score of 310.24. That score would have a very good chance of being the top ranked class.

However, I think it's doubtful we get all of those players.

If you take Surtain out the score drops to 303.64 which would still have a decent shot at being the top ranked class.

If you take out Surtain and Parsons then the score drops to 296.38 and would likely be a top 2 or 3 class.

Of course, there's always the chance that we will land players that aren't in the mix at the current time. Also, the player rankings will change over the course of the season.

I think top 5 appears to be attainable, top 3 is certainly possible, but #1 is a long shot.
You left out the Pittman kid. That's a 5 star we could end up with. I know that's alot of receivers but Schwartz is lookin at Tennessee.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I forgot to add Brendan "Bookie" Radley-Hiles to my post above. Bookie is a 4* rated the #7 CB and #48 in the nation. He plays at IMG. Many think he will get a fifth star this season. He committed to Nebraska back in April, but it looks like Corral has him ready to flip to the good guys.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
You left out the Pittman kid. That's a 5 star we could end up with. I know that's alot of receivers but Schwartz is lookin at Tennessee.

If Pittman wants a scholarship they will find one somewhere. It would be a big get.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I forgot to add Brendan "Bookie" Radley-Hiles to my post above. Bookie is a 4* rated the #7 CB and #48 in the nation. He plays at IMG. Many think he will get a fifth star this season. He committed to Nebraska back in April, but it looks like Corral has him ready to flip to the good guys.
We shoulda hired Corral a long time ago!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

From what I've heard, Bookie doesn't have the size that were looking for at CB. We would only look at taking him if a couple of other targets fell through. Mainly, he doesn't fit what we're doing at CB right now.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
From what I've heard, Bookie doesn't have the size that were looking for at CB. We would only look at taking him if a couple of other targets fell through. Mainly, he doesn't fit what we're doing at CB right now.

That's the first I have heard of this. He is listed at 5'10" and 183. Most high schools exaggerate a little when it comes to measurements. Not sure if IMG does that or not. He is pretty short.

However, have we risen to the point that we can tell the #48 player and probable 5* "thanks, but no thanks"?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's the first I have heard of this. He is listed at 5'10" and 183. Most high schools exaggerate a little when it comes to measurements. Not sure if IMG does that or not. He is pretty short.

However, have we risen to the point that we can tell the #48 player and probable 5* "thanks, but no thanks"?

Silk and Waters talk about it the podcast.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

He isn't very big

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.