The next wave I expect to pop

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's the first I have heard of this. He is listed at 5'10" and 183. Most high schools exaggerate a little when it comes to measurements. Not sure if IMG does that or not. He is pretty short.

However, have we risen to the point that we can tell the #48 player and probable 5* "thanks, but no thanks"?
I don't care for us to get small receivers and running backs but I'd take a small corner like janoris over a big corner like purifoy. How tall was lito? I'll take a short gritty corner over a long soft jaylen Watkins. I like that we want bigger corners but I wouldn't turn away a good corner.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Embarrassing that grown men are tweeting out that type of stupid crap. Its silly when the recruits do it, but its silly b/c its childish, and they are still kids so its kind of amusing. But when a grown man is tweeting out childish stuff like that its just straight :facepalm:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Embarrassing that grown men are tweeting out that type of stupid crap. Its silly when the recruits do it, but its silly b/c its childish, and they are still kids so its kind of amusing. But when a grown man is tweeting out childish stuff like that its just straight :facepalm:
Brewster is a real piece of sh*t...dude is always trolling UF and it's players then if you start giving it back to him he'll throw a fit & block you :lol: he fits in perfectly there!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
CB'S rolling in for Copeland/Gouraige

:popcorn: :chomp:

IMG_4743.GIF

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you take out Surtain and Parsons then the score drops to 296.38 and would likely be a top 2 or 3 class.
I'm not really concerned about #1 vs #2 vs #3. The numbers are debatable and it's usually only one player making the difference. I do want us finishing near the top, with our needs filled. Finishing at the top like in 2010 or near the top like in 2012 or whenever it was, but with gaping holes in the class, obviously doesn't lead to a strong team.

The next tier is usually just two players behind. Something like #4-6 or so. That would be fine with me. Usually #8-#15 look alot alike too.

TRIVIA QUESTION:

Remember when half the board said stars don't matter and Butters was looking for diamonds in the rough? Those people sure think stars matter now.

Yeah, those were good times.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Remember when half the board said stars don't matter and Butters was looking for diamonds in the rough? Those people sure think stars matter now.

I wasnt one of them but I think its just as funny that a few weeks ago the narrative was Mac and crew were worthless and could never pull in any talent and we were gonna finish 40th in recruiting and last in the sec and the entire staff should be fired.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Corral, who arrived on campus favoring Georgia, along with Top247 receiver JaMarr Chase, who came in favoring TCU and LSU. In-state tight end Dante Lang also pulled the trigger on a commitment to UF after looking good in camp. Then you have safety Randy Russell and receiver Tyquan Thorntonjumping in the boat out of South Florida, and the Gators go from languishing toward the bottom half of the SEC recruiting rankings to be the hottest team in America on the trail.

What has changed?

The additions of [running backs coach] Ja’Juan Seider, [defensive backs coach] Corey Bell and another unsung hero [offensive line coach] Brad Davis, [linebackers] coach [Tim] Skipper, I think moreso this year than anything," an on-campus source explained to 247Sports. "We sat back, we really evaluated and this time before Friday Night Lights from spring evaluation through June, a lot of planning was put in place to get guys here, researching and knowing the important things to hit with the kids and parents and being very methodical."

“Mac deserves a lot of credit sitting back and looking at what works and doesn’t work and doing things sometimes he’s never done [like Gator Chomping in a pool and letting the video go on social media]. Those are things that keep the Gators on peoples’ minds. He pushed for a holistic approach, he really trusts the coaches.”

Florida has a chance to sign a really special class.

You have to like where the Gators stand moving forward with two more receivers in Top247 recruit Jacob Copeland and Anthony Schwartz, perhaps the fastest player in the 2018 class. Running backs Leddie Brown and Dameon Pierce are thinking strongly about UF. The offensive line class Davis is working on could be special, with Top247 recruits William Barnes, Nicholas Petit-Frere and Richard Gouraige being three highly-coveted prospects in the Gators' crosshairs.

Furthermore, it sounds like things are trending in the right direction with Ohio State defensive end commit Andrew Chatfieldfollowing his weekend visit, with Malcolm Lamar, Coynis Miller, Nesta Silvera, Dennis Briggs and Azeez Ojulari being priorities.

https://247sports.com/Bolt/Wiltfong...ecame-hottest-team-on-the-trail-105502171/Amp

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
a few weeks ago the narrative was that Mac and crew were worthless and could never pull in any talent and we were gonna finish 40th in recruiting and last in the sec and the entire staff should be fired. Ain't it great for Gator Nation how things have changed?

FIFY

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care for us to get small receivers and running backs but I'd take a small corner like janoris over a big corner like purifoy. How tall was lito? I'll take a short gritty corner over a long soft jaylen Watkins. I like that we want bigger corners but I wouldn't turn away a good corner.

Agree

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.