Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:popcorn:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
That's the first I have heard of this. He is listed at 5'10" and 183. Most high schools exaggerate a little when it comes to measurements. Not sure if IMG does that or not. He is pretty short.

However, have we risen to the point that we can tell the #48 player and probable 5* "thanks, but no thanks"?
I'm not really concerned about #1 vs #2 vs #3. The numbers are debatable and it's usually only one player making the difference. I do want us finishing near the top, with our needs filled. Finishing at the top like in 2010 or near the top like in 2012 or whenever it was, but with gaping holes in the class, obviously doesn't lead to a strong team.

The next tier is usually just two players behind. Something like #4-6 or so. That would be fine with me. Usually #8-#15 look alot alike too.

TRIVIA QUESTION:

Remember when half the board said stars don't matter and Butters was looking for diamonds in the rough? Those people sure think stars matter now.

Yeah, those were good times.

I agree with your analysis of class rankings entirely. I made the same point on this board a while back and got 8 pages of people claiming I said stars don't matter and rankings don't count.

There are usually a couple of elite classes at the top (last year there were three). However, the difference between #4 and #10 is often debatable. Often times it turns out that the #12 class was far better than the #8 class. Only time will tell.

As far as the 3* thing, I don't think anyone actually said they prefer the 3* guys over the 5* guys or that ratings don't matter. Having said that, this class is definitely more exciting.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with your analysis of class rankings entirely. I made the same point on this board a while back and got 8 pages of people claiming I said stars don't matter and rankings don't count.

There are usually a couple of elite classes at the top (last year there were three). However, the difference between #4 and #10 is often debatable. Often times it turns out that the #12 class was far better than the #8 class. Only time will tell.

As far as the 3* thing, I don't think anyone actually said they prefer the 3* guys over the 5* guys or that ratings don't matter. Having said that, this class is definitely more exciting.

You're in the ball park. The argument was made that Mac was actually recruiting less ranked guys because he had his own grading system or something stupid like that. It was also said that those lesser ranked guys were actually the ones Mac wanted. They fit better or something to that effect.

Really, I don't give a flying F one way or another. Mac is stocking the shelves and I couldn't be happier. Either for himself or the next guy. More talent is a good thing. Keep it going and beat Mich.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
This is the only rational FSU fan I've met on Twitter. Dude knows what's up! Screenshot_20170730-120522.png with that being said...im loving that he realizes what's about to happen! ;) #ChompChomp

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
IMG Academy 4* OL Rueben Unije responding to a tweet by Matt Corral....

Unije responding to a tweet showing Bookie in a Gators hat

Last edited:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
2222 I must say your pumperish tone has moderated a bit and I enjoy your informative posts now. Keep up the good work!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
So what's the word, been at Kennedy Space Center all day (neat place if you've never been) and I'd thought by now this video would've been released. Is this an indication that it may not be good news for
us? These kids do love to build the suspense. Lol

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh crap. Riding an Atv? It's bad enough when our kids try to ride scooters.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Kodak Black is the South Florida rapper and noted Gators fan that Copeland was trying to get to appear in his video. Apparently, Kodak has a Gators 4 wheeler.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
For those of you who aren't familiar with Kodak Black this is from his twitter page.....

Notice the Gators logo in the bottom left.......

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
2222 I must say your pumperish tone has moderated a bit and I enjoy your informative posts now. Keep up the good work!

I think the truth is something more like this... ...at least it is for me. People call me a pumper (though I don't have the renown that 2222 has), but I'm really more of a moderate in everything. ...back to my point about 2222...

He hasn't changed, the climate on the board has changed. When the board is slanted toward dumping and despair, my moderation is seen as being a pumper. When the Gators start killing it again and I bring moderate views, I'll be seen as a dumper by some. I don't think 2222 has been a pumper as much as someone bringing a perspective that is counter the negativity that has been so pervasive.

Regardless, I'm glad for the new winds that are blowing and the revival of hope in Gator Nation!

:chomp: :chomp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator