The Official Replacing-the-Two-Douchebag-Coaches-Who-Left Thread

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well hopefully he’s here for awhile to get the DBs we should be getting and turning them into the kind of ppl and players that DBU is famous for...when we hired him in 16 I was ecstatic he was my dream hire and I’m just as happy now I hope he can fix our issue with the safeties too that was the most glaring issue with our defense last year and his input is needed

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
And then he spent a few days seeing how the shark humper ran things. From that point, he wanted out.

Yeah, can you even imagine the reality punch in the face he got? Here he is joining the University of Florida Mighty Gators, thinking life couldn't get much better, texting his friends and family the whole way down. Then he walks through those doors to find a dilapidated coaches lounge, complete with those old aluminum blinds(at least 4 slats bent) and a Pepsi machine with the original logo and 3 total options. He's met by Nuss who gives him the passing intros around the room. Kent sifting through old jazzercise VHS tapes, Nord dozing off during a tense game of pinochle with Shannon, the others sitting on the couch writing "thank you" cards to the families of recruits who'd visited last month, and watching film...well, DVR'd seasons of Shark Week, causing the head coach to excuse himself to the bathroom every fifteen minutes.

He was probably having his agent look for openings by close of business that day.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, can you even imagine the reality punch in the face he got? Here he is joining the University of Florida Mighty Gators, thinking life couldn't get much better, texting his friends and family the whole way down. Then he walks through those doors to find a dilapidated coaches lounge, complete with those old aluminum blinds(at least 4 slats bent) and a Pepsi machine with the original logo and 3 total options. He's met by Nuss who gives him the passing intros around the room. Kent sifting through old jazzercise VHS tapes, Nord dozing off during a tense game of pinochle with Shannon, the others sitting on the couch writing "thank you" cards to the families of recruits who'd visited last month, and watching film...well, DVR'd seasons of Shark Week, causing the head coach to excuse himself to the bathroom every fifteen minutes.

He was probably having his agent look for openings by close of business that day.
HOF Worthy. Bravo.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Sofla, please send me enough Oxbux for a new keyboard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What’s going on with Gators DL Coach search?

"If Florida pulls an assistant from college or the pros that is still under contract, not only will there likely be an issue with a buyout but there could also be some other strings tied to that contract that they would have to deal with.

Another issue that could lead to a delayed hire could also be tied to contract. Some contracts have dates assigned to them to protect schools, like signing day. The Florida administration has to weigh the pluses and minuses in this instance"

First, grammatically, this makes no sense. It says there are buyouts and important dates on the buyouts which make them more or less. It is the same thing, not two points.

So.... SID spreading the excuse that they need to save money. Hard to recruit kids with no position coach. It has cost us before. I guess we are giving up on DTs and SDEs.

Funny that some schools who want to win just sign who they want when they want. But at least we are saving money!!!!

As best as I can tell, Mullinz and Stricklin didn't do this at their last stop. This is a classic Fooley move. Care to try to tell me he isn't still fvkking up our ADO?

Kill all the Fooley cockroaches.

Last edited:

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
As best as I can tell, Mullinz and Stricklin didn't do this at their last stop. This is a classic Fooley move. Care to try to tell me he isn't still fvkking up our ADO?

Actually, my MSU friend has complained for years that Stricklin did exactly this, and would cheap out on Mullen's assistants. My buddy claims that's how MSU ended up with Sirmon as DC in 2016.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've recruited one DT and zero SDEs in 2018 and 2019.

First, please remind me what a bangup job Sunsiere did. You're full of shyt if you think that.

Second, when we suck even worse on the interior line in three years, remember this is why.

We decided to save money instead of competing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica said:
I don’t mind waiting on the right hire. I do mind waiting only to end up with a plan C type guy. From that list, i’d assume that we should have someone by Monday and their name not be Turner
The last time we waited we got a Plan E type from North Texas.

Unless the guy we are wanting currently works for the Patriots-- does anyone believe that?-- we should fvkking hire him now.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

:lmao:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica said:
I don’t mind waiting on the right hire. I do mind waiting only to end up with a plan C type guy. From that list, i’d assume that we should have someone by Monday and their name not be Turner
The last time we waited we got a Plan E type from North Texas.

Unless the guy we are wanting currently works for the Patriots-- does anyone believe that?-- we should fvkking hire him now.
I agree, and even said he should be hired by Monday. The only real shot with anyone is Moore. I think a solid hire gets him to us. So if someone is hired by Monday, that gives him a chance to go in home and visit. But Moore is more sold on off field items. So if we hire a good coach and allow them time to talk, we should pull him.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Funny that some schools who want to win just sign who they want when they want. But at least we are saving money!!!!

Stricklin could be going cheap. The counter to that is Gray. He is well respected. I'd be stunned if he came cheap. Based on what I've read, I think Gray wants to return to coaching college kids. Still, he's going to demand a high salary.

The d-line job is different. Mullen's last 2 hires had nfl experience. He likes experienced coaches because he was burned a few times at Miss St. by young, unproven guys. A homerun hire like Chris Wilson will have to wait. There are still a ton of DC and d-line jobs open in the nfl. That is more likely the reason why the job hasn't been filled yet.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are we still pretending Fitzgerald isnt a pile of dung?

I thought Boss was the only none left trying to pimp Fitzgerald.

No one in Stankville is.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Are we still pretending Fitzgerald isnt a pile of dung?

I thought Boss was the only none left trying to pimp Fitzgerald.

No one in Stankville is.

sad5alt4.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator