The Official Replacing-the-Two-Douchebag-Coaches-Who-Left Thread

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Fire English. Hire Marquand as safeties/AHC/DC in waiting. Hire Torrian Gray as CB coach. Hire Hardmon or Patrick for DL. :grin:

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

According to the guest on Gator's breakdown - from people close to him there is serious interest and if UF picked up the phone he would listen.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
that would be so huge. It also gives a DC in waiting or more.

Agree. Apparently Grantham is trying to get a head coaching gig (if I was an AD I'd have a hard time hiring him....but then again, Will Muscamp has landed 2 SEC jobs and Butters has landed 3 HC jobs, so who knows). If that's the case, this could be his last year before moving on and having Manuel waiting would be a great transition. Although, it seems like Manuel is more of an NFL guy and would likely head back given the right opportunity.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

This. Especially if they move from the 4-2-5 to 3-4, particularly if it is of the two gap variety. I think we're getting some LBs on campus that could really feast on this. Freaks like Black could even allow you to give him the underneath responsibility on 3rd receivers and keep us from having to go to the nickle all the time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Although, it seems like Manuel is more of an NFL guy and would likely head back given the right opportunity.
If it were anyone but Manuel I might be concerned. No one is more 100% Gator.

In reality CB is the easiest position to play and you can afford to miss here if he leaves soon.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gray would make me quite happy too. He is a beast as a recruiter and an elite position coach. If so, this fixes, partially, the JuJuan Seider hole.

He is also from VaTech like Grantham. I'm sure there are connections.

Grantham probably doesn't want the coDC or DCIW on his staff.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Agree. Apparently Grantham is trying to get a head coaching gig (if I was an AD I'd have a hard time hiring him....but then again, Will Muscamp has landed 2 SEC jobs and Butters has landed 3 HC jobs, so who knows). If that's the case, this could be his last year before moving on and having Manuel waiting would be a great transition. Although, it seems like Manuel is more of an NFL guy and would likely head back given the right opportunity.

I really like this plan. TBH I never expected Grantham to stick for more than 2 years anyway.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Twitter blowing up that it’s Gray. Idk where people have this inside connection but a lot of the big time twitter guys are saying “Lakeland locked down now” and things like that. Gray is from Lakeland.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Twitter blowing up that it’s Gray. Idk where people have this inside connection but a lot of the big time twitter guys are saying “Lakeland locked down now” and things like that. Gray is from Lakeland.

Gray's recent follows include Spivey, TG, and Blake. Looks like it's going to be him

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Gray's recent follows include Spivey, TG, and Blake. Looks like it's going to be him
His recruiting here was meh. But that’s also knowing the recruiting board was beyond mediocre to begin with so it’s hard to blame anyone on that staff for not recruiting well.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
His recruiting here was meh. But that’s also knowing the recruiting board was beyond mediocre to begin with so it’s hard to blame anyone on that staff for not recruiting well.

His recruiting at VT was decent though. I wonder what we will see from him this go around. I imagine if he brings the fire he once had, we will be able lock down Lakeland and the other areas if it is indeed him

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.