The Quarterback Situation

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
When Nick Saban gets tougher questions in his pressers than your coach does, you've either got one hell of a dynasty or a beer league slow pitch press corps. At Bama, the media has the same expectations the fans do. Everybody has the same expectations, through the roof. Here it's like the closer you get to the program, the less anything bothers you and part of your job is to circle the wagons so nothing critical that the unwashed masses have to say gets in.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
The biggest issue with the QB situation is the platoon itself. Pick a QB and live with the results, because no 4 or 5 star QB is going to want to come here if they think they'll have to share the snaps with another guy.

With the new transfer rules in play Mullen can't afford to play the loyalty card anymore. It kinda sucks because EJ has waited patiently for his opportunity, but you have to play the best one or else they'll be gone. And we've all seen with our own eyes that Richardson is the better QB.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't kill the messenger. I didn't write the article. I am just wondering if AR15 will be willing to sit and wait his turn when he can go somewhere and be the starter right away but ALSO with NIL he can make more money as being promoted as the starter than he can here as the back up getting on average 10 plays a game. I wonder how much AR15 makes on NIL right now? how much would he make as the full time starter being promoted and marketed in a big time market?? My guess is AR15 would make over 1M in NIL if not even more as the full time starter. Will he wait his turn or go for the money?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't kill the messenger. I didn't write the article. I am just wondering if AR15 will be willing to sit and wait his turn when he can go somewhere and be the starter right away but ALSO with NIL he can make more money as being promoted as the starter than he can here as the back up getting on average 10 plays a game. I wonder how much AR15 makes on NIL right now? how much would he make as the full time starter being promoted and marketed in a big time market?? My guess is AR15 would make over 1M in NIL if not even more as the full time starter. Will he wait his turn or go for the money?

I think this assumes that EJ will return next year. He may very well get tired of living in AR's shadow and move on as a grad transfer.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
yeah worst case scenario there unless he just up and transfers this season. Hopefully AR15 stays and starts a couple of years here before he jumps to the NFL.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Oklahoma and Clemson are both going to be looking for qb this off-season. I doubt Richardson will be interested. Good thing he loves his buddy EJ so much. Not a chance in hell he leaves that friendship behind.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Today is a litmus test for Mullen. If AR is truly healthy and doesn’t see significant PT then the wheels will come off. The background noise will be deafening. AR will be gone before the FSU game. The only way Dan gets out of this clean is for AR or EJ to get hurt and out for the season.
Otherwise he will stick with EJ and take another loss or two and AR will be gone and when the kid lights it up at UA or Clemson Danny will be crucified.
The other scenario is EJ sucks a$$ and well…..

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hamstrings are iffy injuries. You never know you’re fully recovered until you go awhile without reinjuring it. Even then, such as occurred against USF, it can suddenly tighten up again for no apparent reason.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hamstrings are iffy injuries. You never know you’re fully recovered until you go awhile without reinjuring it. Even then, such as occurred against USF, it can suddenly tighten up again for no apparent reason.
78 believes Douchebag Dan.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Probably thinks he "doesnt know the playbook" either.

While the world laughs at Dan Mullinz and the elite schools get ready to steal AR.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
78 believes Douchebag Dan.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Probably thinks he "doesnt know the playbook" either.

While the world laughs at Dan Mullinz and the elite schools get ready to steal AR.

Tucker, I’m telling you, it really did happen.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that maters is does AR believe Dan.

Come on Donk we all know I was a former world class athlete. I pushed a hammie too far. It was important that I stay in a game of backyard badminton and It started to get sore. I kept playing then it got a lot worse. The sports world was on edge wondering when I could come back. To what I'm not sure.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that maters is does AR believe Dan.

Come on Donk we all know I was a former world class athlete. I pushed a hammie too far. It was important that I stay in a game of backyard badminton and It started to get sore. I kept playing then it got a lot worse. The sports world was on edge wondering when I could come back. To what I'm not sure.

I’m joining a pickle ball circuit.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think this assumes that EJ will return next year. He may very well get tired of living in AR's shadow and move on as a grad transfer.
He will see the writing on the wall and leave after this year. Basically, CDM is giving EJ this year as long as he plays well. Next year is AR's.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
After this second loss, what reason is there now not to just go with AR? He's obviously healthy enough to play. I know Mullen will be stubborn and continue with EJ, but damn the season is over now. Play the more talented guy and let him get experience.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
After this second loss, what reason is there now not to just go with AR? He's obviously healthy enough to play. I know Mullen will be stubborn and continue with EJ, but damn the season is over now. Play the more talented guy and let him get experience.

Healthy enough? He didn’t look 100% to me. Or maybe the ky defense was prepared to stop him, idk.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Healthy enough? He didn’t look 100% to me. Or maybe the ky defense was prepared to stop him, idk.

Stoops knows how to defend Mullen pretty well at this point. AR may not be fully 100%, but he's well enough. Small sample size tonight to know if UK could have stopped him the whole game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This much I know about Emery Jones. If you call enough swing passes or bubble screens, he’s gonna burn you for 42 completions and 189 yards. If you ask him to throw the ball downfield, he’s going to stare down everyone including the guy selling popcorn before he delivers the ball woefully behind the receiver.

There is no Kyle Trask to bail Mullen out and he ain’t handing the starter’s job to Richardson. This has all the makings of a very noisy period coming up for Florida football and its whispering head conch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator