The Quarterback Situation

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
ken,

Please take these off and start to really look at the game that happened this past Saturday:

Hot_pica_pica_-_front_400x.jpg

Ken’s post points towards poor coaching. How does that equate to wearing the O&B glasses? Or maybe I’m missing some context from the conversation?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ken’s post points towards poor coaching. How does that equate to wearing the O&B glasses? Or maybe I’m missing some context from the conversation?

Points to the penalties, not the schitty clock management, the lack of "competiviness" at the half, the game plan/play calling, etc...

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
The seasons were over the second they hired this Cowbell shyt.

Because the problem is his offense, AR wont fix it. Stoops had no problem woth Dan's Simpleton offense AR or EJ.

And the seasons were over bc he takes every other week off.

And he does not recruit. This book was written with the lack of recruiting effort three years ago.
You are right about recruiting, but wrong about the offense. We would have killed to have this offense when Muschamp was coach.
Re-capping, CDM is arrogant, lazy, and a sorry recruiter, but his offense is adequate if we had a head coach who guaranteed a consistent good defense, saw that the team was prepared for every game, recruiter elite talent, and played with discipline.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Healthy enough? He didn’t look 100% to me. Or maybe the ky defense was prepared to stop him, idk.

After ARs first run, he was running a little different.

I'm not sure how CG or AG are seeing much, or any, change across a total of 6 plays. With AR first in the game, we ran for 13 yards to Pierce as the defense keyed AR, then UF ran for 11 by Richardson. Boom, two plays mid-field and then we put in Emory. The drive did go for a TD. His next time on the field, he drove us from the 12 to the 43 with runs of 5, 3 and 7 yards, and the one pass for 8 yards. At the 43, EJ took over - FG. AR came in one more time the entire game in the 3rd quarter, he had a single run of loss of 1 yard, followed by a pierce 10 yards run that was called back for holding. With third and long, we subbed in EJ, and AR did not see the field again. BTW - it was a called EJ QB draw on 3rd and 13 from their 34. Absolutely terrified play calling. Next play was a blocked 50 yard FG for a Ky TD.

To the issue, the plays that didn't look like AR was running the same, to some observers, were the two called QB powers off tackle, where AR had to move artificially slow for him to let his blocking set up and clear. Plus, take that one loss of a yard out and he had 4 carries for 24 yards. Not bad when Ky was playing to stop those plays and the non-option, non-scramble designed runs don't play to AR's strengths. Judging him as less effective with such limited calls is ridiculous. It's like saying Herschel was not dominant or Tebow wasn't great because in some random subset of 5 runs, with one loss of yardage mixed in, he only gained 3 yards a carry instead of the 7 or 8 per carry he had some games.

The only question I have is whether Mullen called it limited for AR on purpose to help Emory or does he also not trust AR at all? It is one or the other, but AR did not get a fair shot in that game and Kev has it right.

It's a joke and I think he set AR up to fail tonight.

trot my more talented Qb out and have him take 6 snaps and 5 be designed runs.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Jeesus. You are really excited about the 89th ranked scoring offense, huh?

Instead of 100th?
Just remember how fast and how good the kids with training wheels on their bikes looked when you were still on a tricycle :lol2:.

I get where the oldtimer is coming from as sometimes I think if we just did this or that a little better....but for one of the few times in my life I will admit I was wrong. All it took was for Stoops to stack against the run and spy the QB with a legitimate SEC quality LB....We were f vcked simply because we don't have a QB who can throw into a window beyond the LBer's and safety's consistently....let alone see both sides of the field.

What we saw is exactly what happens when 2 of your 3 weapons are stuffed and the 3rd is inop due to design and improper player development.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm not sure how CG or AG are seeing much, or any, change across a total of 6 plays. With AR first in the game, we ran for 13 yards to Pierce as the defense keyed AR, then UF ran for 11 by Richardson. Boom, two plays mid-field and then we put in Emory. The drive did go for a TD. His next time on the field, he drove us from the 12 to the 43 with runs of 5, 3 and 7 yards, and the one pass for 8 yards. At the 43, EJ took over - FG. AR came in one more time the entire game in the 3rd quarter, he had a single run of loss of 1 yard, followed by a pierce 10 yards run that was called back for holding. With third and long, we subbed in EJ, and AR did not see the field again. BTW - it was a called EJ QB draw on 3rd and 13 from their 34. Absolutely terrified play calling. Next play was a blocked 50 yard FG for a Ky TD.

To the issue, the plays that didn't look like AR was running the same, to some observers, were the two called QB powers off tackle, where AR had to move artificially slow for him to let his blocking set up and clear. Plus, take that one loss of a yard out and he had 4 carries for 24 yards. Not bad when Ky was playing to stop those plays and the non-option, non-scramble designed runs don't play to AR's strengths. Judging him as less effective with such limited calls is ridiculous. It's like saying Herschel was not dominant or Tebow wasn't great because in some random subset of 5 runs, with one loss of yardage mixed in, he only gained 3 yards a carry instead of the 7 or 8 per carry he had some games.

The only question I have is whether Mullen called it limited for AR on purpose to help Emory or does he also not trust AR at all? It is one or the other, but AR did not get a fair shot in that game and Kev has it right.
Couldn't have said it better. It's my opinion that we won't see much of AR anymore this other than what we seen in KY (couple plays a drive to set up Emory). Mullen does not want to be proven wrong again like the Felipe Trask situation. AR will get mop up if any of our games get really out of control which I don't see happening anyway cause it's not Mullens style, he loves to play down to talent instead of winning by 40 like we should.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
We are going to see the same crap regardless of who trots out there first as the QB. MuLLLen will continue to think he is developing QBs by totally disrupting any game flow momentum either establish by pulling them and inserting the other. So much went wrong against LSU that its not an issue of if we just did this or that, however, we had the momentum after our first TD on our 2nd series that EJ had a great series and the O was clicking. After that TD our defense goes out and has a pretty dominant 3 and out. What does MuLLLen do? He inserts AR and runs 3 QB up the middle plays.

That is where the game turned. Keep EJ in, who was feeling pretty good, warmed up and seeing the game at the moment and we probably go up 13-0. Instead, MuLLLen pulls the QB in rhythm and puts in the other to run up the middle 3 times and we go down 7-6, then 14-6 and then 21-6. Our offense never really got back on track until the 2nd half when he let AR stay in.

MuLLLen's stupid rotation of QBs is beyond stupid. He did it last season to Trask all the time. From the sounds of that last presser, MuLLLen is going to continue to do it. As if any of our opponents are worried about gaming against an offense that has to either split all its practice reps between two guys or send one in there with out enough prep and a offense that has to adjust to different leaders in game consistently.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorDave_SEC: Whoa!

Jones to Copeland
16-25, 211 yd, TD, 8.4 y/att, 13.2 y/comp, 7.1 avg yd to gain

Richardson to Copeland
7-9, 212 yd, 3 TD, 23.6 y/att, 30.3 y/comp, 7.6 avg yd to gain

Credit: @SEC_StatCat

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If EJ is starting against UGA, then that is a clear sign that Mullen is trying to get fired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We want a rematch with Bama. Is it plausible to platoon our way to Atlanta? Do we gradually up the snaps for AR and see what happens? Did EJ’s improvement in the second half yesterday earn him more time as the starter, never mind the frequent bad decisions or poor ability to read the field or the kid on the bench with the startling athletic abilities?.

:rolleyes4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.