The Quarterback Situation

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After this second loss, what reason is there now not to just go with AR? He's obviously healthy enough to play. I know Mullen will be stubborn and continue with EJ, but damn the season is over now. Play the more talented guy and let him get experience.
The seasons were over the second they hired this Cowbell shyt.

Because the problem is his offense, AR wont fix it. Stoops had no problem woth Dan's Simpleton offense AR or EJ.

And the seasons were over bc he takes every other week off.

And he does not recruit. This book was written with the lack of recruiting effort three years ago.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Only way to keep fan interest is to start AR, which means Mullen will stubbornly stick with 5.

Brooks

Jul 1, 2021
I feel bad for the kid but everyone and their mothers can see that AR has more promise. But Donk is right I mean what does it matter when the offense's scheme is just not that good?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
After this second loss, what reason is there now not to just go with AR? He's obviously healthy enough to play. I know Mullen will be stubborn and continue with EJ, but damn the season is over now. Play the more talented guy and let him get experience.
And the thing is, with players getting a free transfer without having to sit, you don't even have to really feel guilty about benching him. EJ will easily find a prominent landing spot. But we all know Mullinz is too big of a pu$$y to do what's right for the team.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
NO
Healthy enough? He didn’t look 100% to me. Or maybe the ky defense was prepared to stop him, idk.
Don't seem that hard when there isn't a threat to throw and you pretty much know whats coming. This is where Mullen sucks as a coach. He says he has a 2 qb system but 1 runs the same 3 plays when he gets in. It's a joke and I think he set AR up to fail tonight. AR did look a little slower but when your told to run between the tackles on 80% of your plays it can be difficult to succeed

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I feel bad for the kid but everyone and their mothers can see that AR has more promise. But Donk is right I mean what does it matter when the offense's scheme is just not that good?
If this offense he's ran this year get any of youe d!ck$ hard I feel sorry for your wives. It's only exciting when AR is in the game. I'd rather see 3 losses enjoying the game like last year slinging the ball around than to watch this bs we've had to watch this year.

Nothing like watching my Qb run between the tackles 13 times a game and throw 4 yard passes all game. Then trot my more talented Qb out and have him take 6 snaps and 5 be designed runs.

If your an elite Qb, Rb, Wr why would you chose to play in this system. Our rbs had 2 more carries for the game than our Qbs. If your a Wr your going average 2-3 catches a game. Your Qb should never be your leading ball carrier ever. I'd much rather just hand the ball of to any of our rbs. Emory never looks comfortable running the ball.

Just wanted my $.2 out there I'll go to bed now

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
78 believes Douchebag Dan.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Probably thinks he "doesnt know the playbook" either.

While the world laughs at Dan Mullinz and the elite schools get ready to steal AR.
I thought he sucked?

What was the term you used? Nothing but a fullback or h-back?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops knows how to defend Mullen pretty well at this point. AR may not be fully 100%, but he's well enough. Small sample size tonight to know if UK could have stopped him the whole game.
After ARs first run, he was running a little different.

I never had any issues when I was younger but at mid fifties I’ve been injured for years. It hasn’t healed yet.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Maybe cdm can win and keep AR on the bench, but losing means AR has to play.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Three observations:

(1) Way too much BS directed at EJ. He’s only guilty of playing for a coach who won’t acknowledge the backup is better. But this kid has been all Gator. Works hard and executes the scheme he has been given. He’s not close to being as bad as he’s made out to be. He’s just not as good as AR. I love the kids attitude and effort.

(2). I have been on the Pierce train since he stepped on campus. He’s averaged 5 yards or better since day 1. He’s the type of bruiser that would get better as a game wears on. I would have given this kid 15+ carries a game from the start. I would have given him 20+ last night. I don’t dislike Wright or Davis at all….they just are not on Pierces level. It’s beyond crazy he’s not featured.

(3). At the very fvvcking least why can’t DM use AR like he did Tebow as a freshman? He should be in every single short yardage situation we have. With the game on the line and the goal line in sight….with timeouts and enough time….AR should have been in there.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Three observations:

(1) Way too much BS directed at EJ. He’s only guilty of playing for a coach who won’t acknowledge the backup is better. But this kid has been all Gator. Works hard and executes the scheme he has been given. He’s not close to being as bad as he’s made out to be. He’s just not as good as AR. I love the kids attitude and effort.

(2). I have been on the Pierce train since he stepped on campus. He’s averaged 5 yards or better since day 1. He’s the type of bruiser that would get better as a game wears on. I would have given this kid 15+ carries a game from the start. I would have given him 20+ last night. I don’t dislike Wright or Davis at all….they just are not on Pierces level. It’s beyond crazy he’s not featured.

(3). At the very fvvcking least why can’t DM use AR like he did Tebow as a freshman? He should be in every single short yardage situation we have. With the game on the line and the goal line in sight….with timeouts and enough time….AR should have been in there.

I don’t totally agree with #1. If EJ was truly executing the scheme, the offense would’ve score 30+. His ability to find the open WR seems to be his biggest handicap. Still, I hold no ill will towards a kid who has represented UF well. The coaches are ultimately responsible for teaching, adjusting, or letting the next guy prove he can execute when necessary.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Three observations:

#3 One of the great paradoxes of our time, a coach obsessed over the threat of quarterback mistakes and yet all he as coach does is make tactical mistake after tactical mistake.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Three observations:

He’s bad

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Three observations:

(1) Way too much BS directed at EJ. He’s only guilty of playing for a coach who won’t acknowledge the backup is better. But this kid has been all Gator. Works hard and executes the scheme he has been given. He’s not close to being as bad as he’s made out to be. He’s just not as good as AR. I love the kids attitude and effort..
Im not even sure this is all him.

Fuchstick Dan wouldn't let Chris Leak throw a forward pass either.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Im not even sure this is all him.

Fuchstick Dan wouldn't let Chris Leak throw a forward pass either.

Agree. He’s in this system which is predicated on running. He’s on pace for 1144 yards over a 13 game season. That’s not bad at all. He’s completing 72% of his passes in 3 SEC games in this dink and dunk offense. He’s mainly guilty of not being as good as his backup and that’s on his coach. If he continues to play I think he will continue to improve but AR is a generational talent and sooner or later has to be given the keys.

My main point is I disagree with some of the venom directed at EJ. Just seems like a great Gator and great teammate.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
I agree totally Marine. EJ is improving and I don't think he was the reason for the loss. I believe the game was lost in practice, no attention to detail.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
We lost because we couldn't even hike the ball in unison, especially on third down. We scored on the last (I believe) drive but Copeland couldn't keep his knee of the turf because super accurate QB threw the ball behind him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We lost because we couldn't even hike the ball in unison, especially on third down. We scored on the last (I believe) drive but Copeland couldn't keep his knee of the turf because super accurate QB threw the ball behind him.

ken,

Please take these off and start to really look at the game that happened this past Saturday:

Hot_pica_pica_-_front_400x.jpg

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Maybe cdm can win and keep AR on the bench, but losing means AR should play.
FIFY. No one tells the QB whisperer how to coach, who to play, or who his assistant coaches should be. And if he has to lose 2-3 extra games a year to prove his point, so be it. I don't expect to see AR in for more than a handful of plays this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator