The Real Spring Practice Thread

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Never had it, perhaps you can tell everyone what it tastes like.

Make the bet then..you're the one so confident tjat LDR will be the starter. Why are you girls ears...so scared to make the bet when you are so confident that it will happen?

We've all been eating sh!t the last several years...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If LDR recovers from his surgery in time, then I agree with J he will be the starter. Reason why I believe this is the Arkansas game. LDR had no business playing in the second quarter of that game, but he was in there anyways in spite of his horrid performance and obvious inability to play. The bigger question to me is whether LDR will recover from his surgery or not when the season starts.

I had a similar surgery a couple years ago on my right shoulder. It was several months before my arm was completely back to full strength. The timeline for his return will be close. I think he will be able to practice in August (with some limitations), but I doubt that his arm strength will be back to what it was at that time last year. It very well could be into the season before his arm is at full-strength. A lot of it will depend on if he has any set-backs during his recovery or physical therapy. He will get much more medical attention than I did, so he should recover faster.

Anyways, history shows us that a weak-armed LDR is still favored by the coaches over the other QBs. Hopefully these young guys will show enough improvement so that the coaching staff will feel comfortable playing someone else over LDR as he gets his strength and timing back, and also do well enough to outright take LDR's starting job away from him.

I doubt it myself. I think Mac is going to play it safe but he is going to play it safe by starting Franks over Trask in the Michigan game thinking if he fails well at least he put the blue chipper in there to see how it would go. I think Trask will probably get the job after that if Franks does crash and burn but you never know for sure I guess.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, there's no actual spring practice info leaking out.

But he have learned one of the many ways to trigger the angry midget. I can't wait to see what he does in September. This is going to be great comedy after the way he has shown his azz repeatedly.
In sept, you mean when Kyle Trask is starting for the Florida Gators as you stand on the tenth floor contemplating whether or not to jump? Yea, it's gonna be great :grin:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Traskjay steal your account in order to go begging for interweb bets?

Likely not, as he doesn't get this belligerent in talking to others. Seriously, Urg, pull that stick out of your 4ss. For the comments floating around about people taking the forum too seriously you are a poster child.
You think I was taking it seriously? :lmao2:
Nah homie, just posting like most of the buffoons in here post...amazing how butthurt people get when they get it back.

Cry me a river :rotfl:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt it myself. I think Mac is going to play it safe but he is going to play it safe by starting Franks over Trask in the Michigan game thinking if he fails well at least he put the blue chipper in there to see how it would go. I think Trask will probably get the job after that if Franks does crash and burn but you never know for sure I guess.

Franks would be the safer option, he put in a first year guy. Trying to move forward, instead of going where he has gone before. At least he can sell it as going with a Freshman with Freshman growing pains. You put in LDR you do not get that same leyway.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
LDR won't start because LDR doesn't have the arm strength that Mac wants. He didn't have it pre-injury he's not going to have it post injury. Since ya'll like to get into the psychology of Mac he has repeatedly said how he wants to be able to push the ball downfield. He doesn't get that with LDR. So despite the weak ass arguments to the contrary arm strength is the one thing that will keep LDR off the field.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LDR won't start because LDR doesn't have the arm strength that Mac wants. He didn't have it pre-injury he's not going to have it post injury. Since ya'll like to get into the psychology of Mac he has repeatedly said how he wants to be able to push the ball downfield. He doesn't get that with LDR. So despite the weak ass arguments to the contrary arm strength is the one thing that will keep LDR off the field.

You have no clue how bad Franks and Trask can be.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think I'm going to start a thread called, "The Real Real Spring Practice Thread".....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know that it's a breakdown. The LB follows the underneath route but he pulls up near the end, which means it could be a matchup zone. I'm not that good with Sabans type of matchup zone. Could be a cover 2 and he hit the soft spot. Maybe Putu was supposed to go vertical with the route but I can't tell from what little clip we have. If it's actually man, obviously, Putu should have gone with the out route.
Also, sometimes they coach the kids to show mistakes to the QB to allow him to learn to read it.

BTW, that LB is a giant. Is he really a LB or some walkon lineman forced into that duty because of lack of depth?

edit: 84 Kamrin Knight.

Safety is Garrett Stephens, maybe? Who knows.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We saw the growing pains with both Driskel and Brissette in 2011, I think we have an idea how bad it could be.
I have serious doubts that we have anyone on the roster as talented as Brissette ... or even Driskel.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.