This is all going to be my fault....

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Tequila is like red kryptonite to me.

You never know for sure exactly what you're going to get (might be the emergency room, might the booking room) but for sure it's not going to be good.

Alex.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Trip is starting off with a bang. The plan was for me, lil CD and Fiance to leave after midnight so we could get into Atlanta before rush hour traffic but now there's this mess with DERECHO possible. WTH is derecho? Do they just make up dramatic weather names for sensationalism or is this a real thing?

Unusual Deep South June Severe Weather Outbreak Expected With Derecho Possible​

1686771331382.png

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trip is starting off with a bang. The plan was for me, lil CD and Fiance to leave after midnight so we could get into Atlanta before rush hour traffic but now there's this mess with DERECHO possible. WTH is derecho? Do they just make up dramatic weather names for sensationalism or is this a real thing?

Unusual Deep South June Severe Weather Outbreak Expected With Derecho Possible​

View attachment 58579
Two rules for traveling through Georgia:

1. Stay out of and around Atlanta.
2. I mean it!

Seriously, looks like some high winds through the middle of the state. Might consider re-routing off of the interstates for a while.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Tequila is like red kryptonite to me.

You never know for sure exactly what you're going to get (might be the emergency room, might the booking room) but for sure it's not going to be good.

Alex.
my first wife went to college in 73. haf ass u. Her very cute room mate took her out and she had some tequilla in a drink. Emergency room she went with violent throwing up. She eventually drank wine and beers 40 yrs later.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Two rules for traveling through Georgia:

1. Stay out of and around Atlanta.
2. I mean it!

Seriously, looks like some high winds through the middle of the state. Might consider re-routing off of the interstates for a while.
That's why I leave in the middle of the night so we hit Atlanta with no traffic or go around it to Columbus and Ft Benning. End up in Bainbridge over to Tallahassee.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That's why I leave in the middle of the night so we hit Atlanta with no traffic or go around it to Columbus and Ft Benning. End up in Bainbridge over to Tallahassee.
How Dare You Greta GIF

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fort Moore. Probably named after the fat slob Michael Moore. :barfaway: :gah:
No, Hal Moore (and his wife, cuz, woke)... they renamed Ft Polk this past week too, for the "black SGT York". in fairness to CD, I can't keep up with this schit... too old! :lol:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
No, Hal Moore (and his wife, cuz, woke)... they renamed Ft Polk this past week too, for the "black SGT York". in fairness to CD, I can't keep up with this schit... too old! :lol:
I always refer to Ft. Benning as Ft. Benning. Ft. Rucker as Ft. Rucker. Ft. Hood as Ft Hood. Fort Bragg as Ft. Bragg. Fort Lee as Ft. Lee. Anybody who doesn't know and use the correct names is probably a traitor.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@cover2
Any damage from these storms?
We were lucky. Looks like a tornado passed about a mile south of us. A bunch of trees down, no power from 8:00 pm until 8:00 am. We had a pretty big pine bough come down in the driveway and an 8” oak across the fence, but the rest was smaller limbs and sticks from the pecan trees. Could have been much worse. We had 4 old pecans that weren’t bearing taken out of the yard 3 weeks ago that probably helped. We’ve had a good bit of rain, but we’re pretty dry, so no problems from that. Much of Bainbridge was out of power when I went to the weight room this morning and I saw several trees and big limbs down. Mess to clean up, but again could have been much worse. How about you all?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
So glad you are safe, Cover. Sorry about your trees. Dad lost electricity too last night but it’s back on for now. Another cell coming through at 8pm. We were going to leave KY at 1am but postponed until 7am. It’s been fairly dry so far but a lot of standing water in southern Ga. We are in Bainbridge now and they still have cops at the red light but it’s back on. Just need to unpack the car before the next storm.

Edit: we’ve passed at least 10 lineman trucks putting up lines on these back roads. That was quite some storm.

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Let me summarize our vacation:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

IMG_5782.jpeg

53 of us made it to the beach and had a great time together. (The couple with the newest baby took 3 days driving there and 3 days driving back) “Next time” we will all rent our own place instead of staying in 3 houses.

@Seedy didn’t sleep well because of awful back pain and wanted to come home early but stuck it out for me. Then what we thought was a sunburn, poison ivy or a rash started getting really bad only to find out yesterday it was definitely a bad case of shingles. He’s in so much pain.

The day before we got to the beach one of my bff’s texted to say the sheriff was at her door to take her to the hospital. Her husband had been in a serious bicycle accident and was in the trauma unit with brain bleeds. Sadly, he passed away yesterday from his injuries.

It’s good to be home but it will be nice when life returns to normal again. Seedy has put up with a lot this past week. The alcohol helped.

This is all going to be my fault....
:cheers:

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have a done a week at the beach with 3 other families, all in one house, 7 total kids, for 12 years straight. Every year is “interesting”. Make it a tradition.

Awful to hear about the neighbor though.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We have a done a week at the beach with 3 other families, all in one house, 7 total kids, for 12 years straight. Every year is “interesting”. Make it a tradition.

Awful to hear about the neighbor though.
Thanks Brad. Good memories. We've done this "tradition" every 5 years with Seedy's parents. This trip had been planned for two years as one last "hoorah" after the passing of Seedy's parents. Maybe we will do it again, maybe we won't. It will take 4 years to recover.

Funeral is Friday. I'll never bike without a helmet again.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Brad. Good memories. We've done this "tradition" every 5 years with Seedy's parents. This trip had been planned for two years as one last "hoorah" after the passing of Seedy's parents. Maybe we will do it again, maybe we won't. It will take 4 years to recover.

Funeral is Friday. I'll never bike without a helmet again.

Get one rated MIPS. Multi-directional Impact Protection System. It's like a suspension system inside the helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator