This is Florida’s best group of receivers

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You're sleeping on Rick Wells!

Whittemore is a solid WR also, and he plays hard. I think he'll have a solid career.

Mullen called Weston a 5* on signing day, and he can't sniff the field. So there ya go

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Believe Green was true freshman in ‘95
You are correct. He was a freshman in 1995 but left after his junior season. It was funny how Spurrier described how he knew he wouldn't be back after the 97 season by skipping classes and some other comments Spurrier made about Green leading up to the Bowl game vs Ped State.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We’ve had some awfully good receivers over the years. I’m convinced we’ve never had a deeper set — or bigger one — than the one we’re playing with now.

Pitts 6-6
Shorter 6-5
Grimes 6-4
Henderson 6-4
Gamble 6-4
Zipperer 6-2

And Kadarius, who is one shifty and tough cat. Oh, and add in the freshman running back from Miami, Wright, who’s really contributing out of the backfield.

How do you cover all these guys? You can’t.

So I’m going to say it: This is the most dangerous group of receivers I’ve seen in my 46 seasons as a Gator.
Malik Davis deserves a mention here as a pass catcher along with Wright. He's been stellar!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I doubt we’ll ever have a group as good as 95 with Doering, Hilliard, Anthony, and Green...those guys were something really special
I agree, but that was a long time ago and the crew we have now pretty damn good. Just sayin...

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Other than when he's single-handedly losing games for us by fumbling in critical situations, I couldn't agree more.
The aTm fumble was catastrophic! Was there another game lost in this fashion?
He was very good in the UGa game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The aTm fumble was catastrophic! Was there another game lost in this fashion?
He was very good in the UGa game.

No losses. But he did fumble going into the end zone against ut in 2017, which was likely the difference in them being able to come back and tie things. Would've made it 20-3 with 10 minutes to go. We still won though.

And last year he had critical fumbles against um, when we were prepared to add to our lead, and against ut where the defender fortunately touched out of bounds while recovering. Just bad timing. But yes, outside of A&M, he's played pretty well this year, specifically in the passing game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You can believe anything you want, I suppose. :)

1994 class included: Ike, Reidel, Quezzie, McGriff, Nafis Karim and Jamie Richardson.

And a bunch of other studs.

Blogger of Intent: Class of 1994: Loaded to the brim with NFL Talent

I forgot that Quez was in that class. I always had him in the '95. But yeah, if we're talking about best group on the field at once, it has to be 1995. It's all those names, plus Doering. I'm not even sure where'd you look to start finding a 2nd place. Imagine if Jack Jackson had stayed.

This year's group, along with last year, are great though. The biggest difference to me is the way the ball is spread around in recent years. Spurrier had 2-3 key guys that got virtually everything. Very different now, with just about every receiver getting something each game.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Other than when he's single-handedly losing games for us by fumbling in critical situations, I couldn't agree more.

Totally forgot Davies was playing defense that day too--like when he had position on a WR, yet inexplicably allowed himself to be out-jumped and out-fought for the ball; not to mention the 25+ tackles he, personally, whiffed on in that game.

One of the worst single-handed displays of football I've ever seen. Had completely forgot about it, thanks for reminding me.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Totally forgot Davies was playing defense that day too--like when he had position on a WR, yet inexplicably allowed himself to be out-jumped and out-fought for the ball; not to mention the 25+ tackles he, personally, whiffed on in that game.

One of the worst single-handed displays of football I've ever seen. Had completely forgot about it, thanks for reminding me.
He doesn't fumble, we win. That's single handed.

If you would post sober more often you would avoid these embarrassing moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator