This is Florida’s best group of receivers

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Davis fumbled on the 48 yard line with 3:40 on the clock and A&M had all 3 timeouts. I have no idea if you're hammered on rage, alcohol, or both: but the reality is: A&M was going to get the ball back whether or not Davis fumbles. Given that our defense couldn't stop them that day to save anyone's life, who on earth was going to bet against them marching down the field with less than a minute left to score again?

Defense had 3rd and 8 with 50 seconds left...and gave up a 16 yard pass. Stop them there and we get the ball back with a chance to win or tie the game. No TOs, but Trask can at least get us into FG range--he's shown the ability to run a two minute offense several times this year.

Wilson giving up a 51 yard bomb when he had inside position on the WR and the ball was underthrown had just as much--if not more to do with the loss as Davis' fumble, yet I don't see you constantly harping on him.

Football is a team game and no amount of shiitposting from you will change the reality that our defense cost us that day, not Davis' mistake.
Just knowing my take triggered you, even for a few moments, is extremely satisfying for me.

Davis cost us the game - 100% by himself.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You’re really enjoying yourself today aren’t you?

Enjoy it while it lasts. Because this strategy of troll-style hyperbole and old-thread-bumping goes against everything Ox likes. Even with all the upvotes, he secretly hates it and had to be forced into it kicking and screaming knowing that it was a necessity. By this point next week, it will be right back to his normal posting of occasional dry humor and refurbished wheelbarrow projects. He can’t help himself.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Enjoy it while it lasts. Because this strategy of troll-style hyperbole and old-thread-bumping goes against everything Ox likes. Even with all the upvotes, he secretly hates it and had to be forced into it kicking and screaming knowing that it was a necessity. By this point next week, it will be right back to his normal posting of occasional dry humor and refurbished wheelbarrow projects. He can’t help himself.

Revenues must be down... Gotta do something to jack up the post count...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's that new creepy ass avatar pic you have. Where the F did you find it? Is that Steve Buscemi on some poor kid's face? Or that dude from Young Frankenstein? Or Mesuit Ozil? Or Enzo Ferrari? Or what?

I had like a three post conversation with what I thought was a new person here(there may have been beer involved, irrelevant). I didn’t realize until I responded on Sunday that it was law. That av is terrible.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Random question sort of out of the blue. Todd Grantham. Thin, average, heavy, or overweight?

What’s your take?
Average, maybe slightly overweight but the few extra pounds don't bother me. They actually give him a few curves that add quite a bit to his appeal. :yum:

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I’m 35 years old so my formative football years were mid 90s. I also grew up playing wide receiver in Pop Warner. So obviously I was drawn to UF because of those mid 90s receivers. But I’m always personally offended when having these discussions and 2000 is omitted. They weren’t the deepest group, but they were awesome. I’d put Gaffney, Caldwell and Jacobs up against any 3 from any era.

Now, in the spirit of the thread, most seem to be going with more of a depth perspective. And I’d say this years, or if we’re being honest, last year’s receivers were probably our deepest groups ever. But I’d take other years groups over this one if we’re strictly judging talent.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m 35 years old so my formative football years were mid 90s. I also grew up playing wide receiver in Pop Warner. So obviously I was drawn to UF because of those mid 90s receivers. But I’m always personally offended when having these discussions and 2000 is omitted. They weren’t the deepest group, but they were awesome. I’d put Gaffney, Caldwell and Jacobs up against any 3 from any era.

I think the main reason 2000 is omitted is that we usually talk about 2001...you know, the one with the exact same group.:lol:

Thanksgiving is next week. You really can’t get away with early week heavy drinking until then.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Against nothing but SEC competition.

In an era where if the db or dl sneezes on the quarterback their is a flag. Just imagine the mid 90s and early 00s groups playing in an era without the DBs jamming on the line of scrimmage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.