This shouldn’t even be possible

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
So, when excrement excretes excrement is it EX cubed? Does that make the little POS a wombat?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Yeah, I think I'm gonna be skeptical about this one. If you look, the sidewalk is clear of snow and ice but the roadway next to it isn't...

I was stationed in Grand Haven, just 30 minutes north of Holland (just after boot camp). Grand Haven also has the heated sidewalks in the downtown area (not sure about neighborhoods like what’s pictured) and I can’t remember if the roads were heated, too. It’s been too long ago. As for the number of miles claimed by Holland, I have no idea if that’s accurate.

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.holland.org/snow-free-holland

Currently, snowmelt is maintained by the Holland Board of Public Works in collaboration with the Holland Energy Park. Snowmelt was first implemented in 1988 and is the largest municipally-run snowmelt system in North America. By using waste heat from power generation, water is heated and circulated through 120 miles of plastic tubing underneath the streets and sidewalks. The tubes are 3/4" in circumference; Holland has 600,000 square feet of tubing totaling 4.9 miles and 10.5 acres of heated streets and sidewalks. With the water heating up to 95 degrees Fahrenheit, the system can melt 1" of snow per hour - even at 20 degrees fahrenheit with 10 MPH winds!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Can't help but wondering how many skate boarders have been kicked out of the park for trying to descend that path on a board...

Do you get bonus points for taking out other tourists?

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
My favorite thread.

When I was about 8-9 years old, I lived in small town in Florida. Never any excitement. No police but had a volunteer fire department. There was a house fire, the first in so many years no one on the scene could remember the last one. All the volunteer fire fighters showed up as well as half the town. We waited for about 10 minutes until the volunteer firemen realized no one thought to bring the fire truck with the water. So a couple of them went back to town, which was 5 minutes away. 30 minutes later they come back without the fire truck. None of them could find the keys to the truck.

We just sat around and watched the house finish burning down.
Grow up in Ocklawaha?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah, I think I'm gonna be skeptical about this one. If you look, the sidewalk is clear of snow and ice but the roadway next to it isn't...

They may not have the ability to apply it to entire roads. You can also go slow in a car, have snow tires, chains, etc. and be fine. An icy sidewalk is a different story. Vail heats the roads in parts of the village, but in other places it’s just the sidewalk.

upload_2022-2-22_22-32-51.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator