Thoughts going forward and on the Missouri game?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Some of my thoughts:

Nuss needs to get his butt up in the box and see if he can save his job.

Del Rio is limited as hell with a weak arm and would have had 5 or 6 interceptions against a decent defense probably.

Why cant we run the ball worth a damn until a defense is gassed. Same thing was going on against the N Texas level teams earlier in the season. LSU ran all over this crap defense right from the get go.

That has to be the worst 40 point 500 plus yard performance I have ever seen. Well the rushing yards got jacked up once Missouri was gassed later in the game with their offense doing nothing most of the game.

We are probably going to lose 4 games minimum and possibly 5 if we don't beat Georgia who has their own issues.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
LDR is no better than AA and in fact, I'm tired of hearing all about how his Daddy likes to have dinner in Gainesville blah, blah, blah, and how he grew up around Peyton. Who gives a ****. He has a weak ass arm and floats a lot of balls.
Pussmeyer should be gone no matter where he decides to call plays. He might as well be at the Copper Monkey half drunk calling plays, who cares where he is during the game. The problem is that he is in the stadium in the first place.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We'all beat Chump and Chump II, but I have my doubts about any other victories.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some of my thoughts:

Nuss needs to get his butt up in the box and see if he can save his job.

Del Rio is limited as hell with a weak arm and would have had 5 or 6 interceptions against a decent defense probably.

Why cant we run the ball worth a damn until a defense is gassed. Same thing was going on against the N Texas level teams earlier in the season. LSU ran all over this crap defense right from the get go.

That has to be the worst 40 point 500 plus yard performance I have ever seen. Well the rushing yards got jacked up once Missouri was gassed later in the game with their offense doing nothing most of the game.

We are probably going to lose 4 games minimum and possibly 5 if we don't beat Georgia who has their own issues.

Pretty good Fever. I would add when a RB moves us down the field, unless he can't go, let him finish it. IMO Perrine is our best RB.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Always great to win, but two defensive scores and a short kick returned for a TD inflated the score. So we have managed to beat Kentucky, Vandy, and Missouri, the dregs of the SEC East. And 8 motion penalties. Wow. I have never seen that in a game. When Mac was hired here, he promised to clean up the penalties. When does he start doing that? Just wondering.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I've taken dumps that look better than our chances against teams that have it more together, i.e Arky, LSU and Clowntown U.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This year is done. If LDR is the starting QB next season, then I expect Mac to get fired. And why the hell were we rotating 5 backs in this game? 6 if you count the few snaps Powell got. What the fuuuck????

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
I'm not buying this 'Del Rio is a leader' stuff anymore, when he went off on everyone for not doing their jobs it almost looked like they wanted to laugh.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Mac is making his hay on the weak and feeble. He'll get his ass handed to him against any ranked teams. If we've lost Davis for the season the defense is going to take a huge hit. The defense is the only chance we have to stay in games with this offensive guru at the helm.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty good Fever. I would add when a RB moves us down the field, unless he can't go, let him finish it. IMO Perrine is our best RB.

I think Perine may be the best overall but I haven't really watched him block. Scarlett runs the hardest probably but I made it a point to watch Scarlett blocking a few times today and he did a crappy job blocking again on a few plays I watched.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Punt return portion of special teams was again hilariously inept. One good Kr by Perine but that Callaway return was stupidity in execution by Mizzou.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is making his hay on the weak and feeble. He'll get his ass handed to him against any ranked teams. If we've lost Davis for the season the defense is going to take a huge hit. The defense is the only chance we have to stay in games with this offensive guru at the helm.

Yep this is starting to look like it will end 2015 style but I doubt TN loses to any of those remaining SEC teams they have so we wont take the beating in the SECCG this season.

GatorsRock21

Sep 5, 2015
That one guy jumping offside killed the O. Still think we need to let Summers go but we won. Go Gators. Rio threw some bad balls today. Lucky Missouri has no O. Stupid throws tonight.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Got an extra week to have a "guest-coach" come in to sculpt a team out of this amorphous mass of
clay. Glad about what I saw from Cleveland, Perrine, and Scarlett. We should have everyone healthy
for UGA ? FSU is very beatable this year. If we get knocked out of the SEC East race then we should
groom Trask (keep Franks' redshirt) to see if he can strong-arm past LDR.??

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why am I not surprised, even when we win, we lose around here. The no-fun environment.
You happy with what you saw from our offense today...or just with the final result of playing a terrible team?

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Not completely, but each game is its own and regardless of how we got there, it was a win with 500+ yards of offense. No I have no illusions of grandeur, but damn can we wait 12 hours before the bytching and moaning about how we suck and Mac sucks and LDR sucks and we all just suck starts.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Plenty of flaws that need to be worked out. The penalties we ridiculous and have to stop. Del Rio was terrible. Defense was terrific. Still a lot of work to do but I am satisfied with a 40-14 win.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not completely, but each game is its own and regardless of how we got there, it was a win with 500+ yards of offense. No I have no illusions of grandeur, but damn can we wait 12 hours before the bytching and moaning about how we suck and Mac sucks and LDR sucks and we all just suck starts.
So, you'd feel better if we waited 12 hours before reflecting on what we all witnessed? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.