Thoughts on Kelvin Taylor

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Taylor looked really good yesterday. He's not hesitating at all any more. His first step is very fast. His ability to cut inside is really great to watch. He's also moving forward when he goes down almost every time. When he did break free, he showed good speed and movement. We're going to watch him play on Sundays and, like so many Muschamp players, wonder why he wasn't great in college. He's really very good, and with an offensive line old enough to drink legally, he could be great.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Law98gator;n305294 said:
Good Lawd. This thread is chock full of stupid. Blaming the RBs and QBs for OL problems... again.

A little overboard there. This thread is chock full of reality. KT had a GREAT game....but all of a sudden did the OL just become great? Because that's the excuse throughout the thread: the OL was the problem, not KT. If that was the case, his SEC average would be over 4 ypc...like the other good RBs in the SEC. Do "great" RBs have 2 100 yard games per season as the featured back (getting over 20 cpg)?

I like the improvement he's making, but he needs to show consistency....and some of you need to stop making excuses for him: when he goes for 100+ is it still the OLs fault? Or is he just so great that he did it all on his own?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n305456 said:
A little overboard there. This thread is chock full of reality. KT had a GREAT game....but all of a sudden did the OL just become great? Because that's the excuse throughout the thread: the OL was the problem, not KT. If that was the case, his SEC average would be over 4 ypc...like the other good RBs in the SEC. Do "great" RBs have 2 100 yard games per season as the featured back (getting over 20 cpg)?

I like the improvement he's making, but he needs to show consistency....and some of you need to stop making excuses for him: when he goes for 100+ is it still the OLs fault? Or is he just so great that he did it all on his own?

I'm not a fan of calling folks out, but you spent this whole thread saying KT would be Samsung Michel's backup...and then he CLEARLY outplayed him. KT keeps looking better as the o-line continues to mature (duh), but with better o-line play he is showing great skills. His cutback on that TD run, disrobing the GA defender of his jock, was as good as anything all night.

You owe KT, the Taylor family, and all of Gator Nation a heartfelt apology. :)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BNAG8R;n305478 said:
I'm not a fan of calling folks out, but you spent this whole thread saying KT would be Samsung Michel's backup...and then he CLEARLY outplayed him. KT keeps looking better as the o-line continues to mature (duh), but with better o-line play he is showing great skills. His cutback on that TD run, disrobing the GA defender of his jock, was as good as anything all night.

You owe KT, the Taylor family, and all of Gator Nation a heartfelt apology. :)

Hey, I said he had a GREAT game. I get it. You guys love a RB w/ a 3.5 ypc average....as long as "he's paying hard!". I get it. I like KT too...but I wish he'd be more consistent. You can call me out all you want....and I'll call you out. Your point is taken. You think 3.5 ypc is a "great" SEC RB. I get it. I'm not blind. I can read. I like KT also...and when he shows more consistency I may say he's "great" one day as well....

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n305484 said:
Hey, I said he had a GREAT game. I get it. You guys love a RB w/ a 3.5 ypc average....as long as "he's paying hard!". I get it. I like KT too...but I wish he'd be more consistent. You can call me out all you want....and I'll call you out. Your point is taken. You think 3.5 ypc is a "great" SEC RB. I get it. I'm not blind. I can read. I like KT also...and when he shows more consistency I may say he's "great" one day as well....

I never said he was great, and never said 3.5 ypc is a great SEC RB, so don't make sh!t up.

You, however, DID say he would be Android Michel's backup...and then he completely trounced him. I just wanted to good-naturedly ding you for it. Don't be so mad, bro.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No one has called KT a great RB other than BMF in his failed attempts to make his points valid. Me thinks he should quit while he's solidly behind.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is getting as bad as ufgator812 following me around to quote me and call me out for saying the UGA QB played well enough to keep UGA in the game. Keeps twisting my words trying to say I said he was a good QB. I never said that. All I said was he had a better completion % than Treon and did enough to keep UGA in the game but his receivers kept dropping TD passes. There's a difference between calling someone garbage, and saying they aren't good but they did enough to keep them in the game. It's freaking semantics, but some of you folks just can't get that through your heads and let it go. You have to hammer your false narrow minded narrative until the other person finally throws up their hands in surrender.

Same thing here. One person wants to blame Kelvin for his lack of production on Kelvin and Kelvin alone. Others say it's more on the Oline (I agree with this crowd). It's still semantics. Of course Kelvin has lacked in production. Because our OLine has been horrible in run blocking all year. Yesterday they did a little better job and gave Kelvin some creases that he was able to take advantage of. Good RBs take advantage of small creases and turn them into gains. Kelvin did that yesterday. His increase in production recently (other the LSU game) can be greatly attributed to a little bit of improvement along the OLine. It's just that simple. Why does everybody insist on arguing back and forth over the same damn thing over and over when it's all semantics when you get right down to it? Gezzz people, can't we all agree the world isn't completely roses, yet we're winning anyway and that's great! And also still agree we have much to improve on without getting all butthurt over differences in opinion?

I'm going back to the Saloon to take a few hits. You people harsh my mellow.
:bandit:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
KT is a great gator and is giving his all for the team. He plays his heart out and with a better oline he would be great...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What did other SEC RBs get against UGa ? That's a start for up & down comparison.
It looks to me that KT, so far, may have had fewer run-windows opened by OL blocks. With any slight crack KT hits it
and once past the initial D-line KT shows good vision & moves toward "daylight" -- it's just that the crowded box is fast
collapsing on him. If our OL isn't often providing "opening-blocks" then Kt has done well at not very often staying
frozen-trapped behind the stack; he's slipping forward on his own dosey-doh. Just open a window and thin the LBs
via playcall foolery and KT will break longer runs = higher YPCs.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n305585 said:
What did other SEC RBs get against UGa ? That's a start for up & down comparison.

Best anyone's done all year and well above their average allowed per game so far this year.

2015 Georgia Bulldogs Rushing Defense Game Log through 10/31/2015
09/05/15La.-MonroeGrassW 51-1426451.730
09/12/15@ VanderbiltGrassW 31-14391052.690
09/19/15South CarolinaGrassW 52-20391744.462
09/26/15Southern U.GrassW 48-6351053.001
10/03/157 AlabamaGrassL 10-38471894.022
10/10/15@ TennesseeGrassL 31-38482074.312
10/17/15MissouriGrassW 9-622210.950
10/31/15+ 11 FloridaGrassL 3-27482585.382
Totals30411043.639
@ : Away, + : Neutral Site

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nav ... I can see that "tag-line" being "on the Big Mac Train. Chew Chew Gator Nation", seeing as how Mac works
that gum. ?? :rolleyes:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n305596 said:
Nav ... I can see that "tag-line" being "on the Big Mac Train. Chew Chew Gator Nation", seeing as how Mac works
that gum. ?? :rolleyes:

:lol: He certainly does work that gum hard.

btw rog, what did I ever do to you to deserve getting eyes rolled at me?
:wobble:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n305599 said:
:lol: He certainly does work that gum hard.

btw rog, what did I ever do to you to deserve getting eyes rolled at me?
:wobble:

Sorry .. I was rolling eyes at the impertinence of my comment -- never an eyeroll at you ... they just cross sometimes.:naughty:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n305605 said:
Sorry .. I was rolling eyes at the impertinance of my comment -- never an eyeroll at you ... they just cross sometimes.:naughty:

Oh, so you were typing with one hand and meant to do the highfive emote? Gotcha!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
4net is a beast and best back in the nation. Outside of him, I'm not sure who'd do better with our line than KT. Chubb is an obvious candidate, but I never watched him enough to see his pass protection. Chubb would likely do better though. Henry has an outstanding line. With his upright style, I'm not sure how productive he'd be behind our line or how good he is in pass protection.

Hell he may be the 15th best RB. What do I know. But I'm glad we have him.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
God this gets tiring. KT is a very good RB, maybe great. With a good O line and passing game Kelvin would show you how good he is. He runs smart, finds a hole if it is there and is fearless. And it appears he is a good leader. We are lucky to have this kid.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
BMF;n305484 said:

Being able to read apparently doesn't make one capable of judging RB talent. And saying a player is great after the fact isn't really saying anything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know there really aren't many people on this board that know the slightest thing about football, but I'd think they'd at least notice DLs and linebackers hitting our RBs and QBs in the backfield a second after the snap and think something other than "Boy, our RBs and QBs suck!" :smh:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
BNAG8R;n305491 said:
I never said he was great, and never said 3.5 ypc is a great SEC RB, so don't make sh!t up.

You, however, DID say he would be Android Michel's backup...and then he completely trounced him. I just wanted to good-naturedly ding you for it. Don't be so mad, bro.
Not just Michel's backup, but Marshall's too. I thought of this thread during the game the other day, especially on that 4th and pubic hair that UGA had where they tossed it to Michel and he inexplicably ran straight towards the sideline only to get swallowed up by the Gator D that was all over him. One thing I will say for Chubb is that he would've taken that pitch right at the first down marker instead of trying to outflank the entire defense.

But yeah, totally better than Taylor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.