Thoughts on Mullen hire

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course everyone is real happy about where we are right now.

But Mullen has had a good offenae twice since 2009. Let's hope a lightbulb came on for him re the forward pass.

EJ still seems to be running mostly QB keepers though.
The key to his offense this year is that Johnson is calling the plays. Mullen gets tight in big games because he's afraid to lose whereas Johnson doesn't care.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The key to his offense this year is that Johnson is calling the plays. Mullen gets tight in big games because he's afraid to lose whereas Johnson doesn't care.

This is important aspect, the difference similar to LSU last year is change in OC and who is calling plays. The assistant coaches are so important in the teaching on this level, especially with the reduced contact this offseason.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015

I believe this to be true.. I also believe we are no longer watching Mullen's offense, but watching Johnson's.
Probably why he was named OC.. Just my opinion...

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with Johnson's success is, he won't be here for much longer. he will get more $$ or a better job soon.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Much like Burrows with Brady is amazing to see what the right offensive mind can do with the right talent. Johnson was the right coach for Trask, much like Brady was the right coach for Burrows. I give Mullen credit for seeing this, where if we were still running what we ran last year the offense would be vastly different.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im sure he cares, but he knows scoring more points than the other team works every single time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator