Time Right for Richt Exit

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n305517 said:
Without some kind of commitment from the administration at Miami .

They're going to have to start providing players and recruits: cash, parties, prostitutes, and drugs again.

There-in lies the problem. This administration is inherently lacking the commitment to athletic excellence that the administrations of old held.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n305973 said:
I'd say that puts them a lil' more than just 10 years behind in today's world...
Yeah, more like 35 years behind.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n305824 said:
2061572-you-mad-bro.jpg

Oh, he mad. He seems quite psychologically involved in this thread. If it makes you feel any better GIG/PDS, I will sign the petition to keep Richtrolled. You're not a big buddy with McGarrity also are you?

We have an odd dynamic with so many people being so angry about winning.

I think he is still mad at me making fun of his Stetson degree.

Your posting of a stupid meme while failing to address being called out on your past BS speaks volumes. And while I can't speak to others being mad about winning I can say I'm thrilled, but not all that surprised, about Mac's success. I will also say the truly odd dynamic on this board was you being mad about us hiring Mac to replace Muschamp, then continually bashing the entire program during the off-season, then MIRACULOUSLY becoming a Mac/Gator fan about the time we hit, what, the 5-0 mark...or was it when we started 6-0? Seriously, are you really a Gator fan or just a big troll? If I had to guess, I would say there is a pretty good chance you've never set foot in Gainesville, much less been a real fan of the Gators.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Hearing that #UGA power brokers & big dogs now asking questions/talking about potentially moving on--unlike ever before in Mark Richt era.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n306102 said:
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Hearing that #UGA power brokers & big dogs now asking questions/talking about potentially moving on--unlike ever before in Mark Richt era.

Damn...
:wobble:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n306102 said:

5HyxcXK.gif

Truthfully, as much as the above may have been my initial reaction, I'm not so sure this is a terrible thing. At some point the party was going to come to an end and they were going to make a change. But I really doubt he goes from 100% support to being forced out in one season. He just has too much equity in the program. So while it likely is the writing on the wall that his time is nearly up, it probably won't be this year. But the speculation and having this out there is probably enough to really damage their recruiting class, which is pretty solid as of now, including a 5* QB. Public chatter like this may be good when all is said and done.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm starting to backtrack on my statement that Richt won't be fired. For the first time ever, Mark Bradley and Jeff Schultz (lead sport writers for the AJC) are both calling for a change. Seems that watching the Gators pass them by again may have been the final nail in his coffin.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n306143 said:
I'm starting to backtrack on my statement that Richt won't be fired. For the first time ever, Mark Bradley and Jeff Schultz (lead sport writers for the AJC) are both calling for a change. Seems that watching the Gators pass them by again may have been the final nail in his coffin.

About time.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
Good article some of the quotes referenced earlier..

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...ny-big-moments-its-time-for-change-at-georgia

"The screams for his exit haven’t been this loud since early in 2011. But this isn’t about screams, it’s about facts. Richt is 14-23 against ranked opponents since 2008. He hasn’t won a conference championship since 2005, despite athletic director Greg McGarity giving him everything he has wanted."

"There is no reason Georgia, with its recruiting base and relative unlimited resources, can’t compete and win for championships. To believe the Dogs will turn it around next season would be to hinge hopes on a true freshman quarterback, Jacob Eason, and suddenly cohesive and well-functioning coaching staff. Those are dangerous assumptions."

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n306143 said:
True. UGAly fired Jim Donnan for less than what Richt has yet to produce with more talent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n306003 said:
If I had to guess, I would say there is a pretty good chance you've never set foot in Gainesville, much less been a real fan of the Gators.
You got me.

Sorry, man, I'm in too good of a mood to fight. My team just beat Ugly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n305856 said:
actually that guy is spot on...one of the worst coached games I've ever seen. Looking back it almost seemed like Richt was trying to lose, not to take any credit from our team.
Yeah, I really feel sad for them...

Until I remembered it was Gyorga and laughed my ass off instead.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
biggator6;n306271 said:
But wasn't Dooley still the AD?

Yes he was but the circumstances were a little different. Michael Adams was the president of UGA at the time and he was very hands on in athletic department matters. Rumor has it Adams didn't like Donnan (personality clash) nor Dooley for that matter and demanded that Donnan be fired. Some say it was part of Adams' process to force Dooley out thereafter (which he ultimately did) by undercutting Dooley's power as AD. Donnan also was just 6-14 against Florida, Auburn, Tennessee and GaTech, with the 3 straight losses to GaTech as the most egregious of offenses that couldn't be overlooked.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n306003 said:
Your posting of a stupid meme while failing to address being called out on your past BS speaks volumes. And while I can't speak to others being mad about winning I can say I'm thrilled, but not all that surprised, about Mac's success. I will also say the truly odd dynamic on this board was you being mad about us hiring Mac to replace Muschamp, then continually bashing the entire program during the off-season, then MIRACULOUSLY becoming a Mac/Gator fan about the time we hit, what, the 5-0 mark...or was it when we started 6-0? Seriously, are you really a Gator fan or just a big troll? If I had to guess, I would say there is a pretty good chance you've never set foot in Gainesville, much less been a real fan of the Gators.

I've never had a problem with Law, we've gotten along famously for years, and those who have been on this board for awhile can attest to that. So I really don't know what bothers you about him. He's one of the most positive and enthusiastic voices we have here. I do know, however, that he's never been to Gainesville. You are correct about that. He once confided to me that he got his UF J.D. via a correspondence course and seldom travels outside of Coeur d'Alene Idaho where he lives in a free-love white supremacist commune.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
**** uga
**** the state of georgia.
**** the "saintly" richt.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users