Top 10 worst coaching hires

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Some definite mistakes McElwain, Taggert to fsu, WM to Usce, and Riley to Neb(who calls it UNL?).

Disagree on Strong, Miles, Sumlin, the guy at Purdue, and even Jones and Pruitt. Aside from Texas, given their circumstances at the time, who else were they supposed to get?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The fact that Butters is not near #1 is only skewed b/c 2 of those years UF made the SECCG. Not b/c we were good but the SEC Least was a nightmare and the CG was not even competitive. I argue that both Butters and Cousin Eddie should be on the list ahead of a guy like Helton. I would not say USCw was left in shambles like how Cousin Eddie lwas fired at UF. Clearly a poll that was only looking at certain numbers and not at quality of play on field vs. level of talent.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The fact that Butters is not near #1 is only skewed b/c 2 of those years UF made the SECCG. Not b/c we were good but the SEC Least was a nightmare and the CG was not even competitive. I argue that both Butters and Cousin Eddie should be on the list ahead of a guy like Helton. I would not say USCw was left in shambles like how Cousin Eddie lwas fired at UF. Clearly a poll that was only looking at certain numbers and not at quality of play on field vs. level of talent.
While I agree with much of you posted, my #1 would be Willie Taggart by the clowns. (Although the author may be right that Chad Morris was the worst.). At least the clowns had the sense to realize their mistake fairly quickly (Unlike the powers that be in the UAA).

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Gerry Faust......btw THANK GOD we got another thread to hear the same shttt for the 1000000th time............

Last Decade, not last century, but we get your point. and the only reason you keep hearing the same shyt is that we have an admin littered with incompetent shytheads that would not know a quality candidate if it bit them in the azz.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Last Decade, not last century, but we get your point. and the only reason you keep hearing the same shyt is that we have an admin littered with incompetent shytheads that would not know how to moderate a thread if it came with instructions.........
FIFY actually when I began reading I thought this was what you were gonna say,.............

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I found it interesting that 2 former Florida coaches made the list. Anyhow, is tiktok illegal here? I thought it was a funny breakdown

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

See, the SECCG is what they look at. Never mind that we were as bad on offense as 2020 were on defense…

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.