Transfer Portal 2021 Best Program

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Don't worry, no one expect you to do anything other than whine about Mullen. Are you sure you aren't a Bammer trol?

It's been a problem for a while with lagator. We've tried to reign him in over and over with no success. Ox even tried to do an intervention on here a few years back, but the only person that showed up was Pasty, which actually made things worse. Everything points to hard drugs and at this point, frankly, we're out of ideas.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Can't do it can you? Didn't think so.

For the first time in decades I not anticipating CFB...maybe never.

So, yes brother...I can't do it.

So if really want to wind me up...let's talk about how elite UF is and the great and wonderful Fuchs.

And then there is the fact UF WAS a "Land Grant College"

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has been quite successful in the transfer portal. Saying otherwise is not paying attention to the facts. It's hard to say he is the best at it or not, a few other schools have been successful with it as well.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Can't do it can you? Didn't think so.

Can't do what? Just look at a part of the program that is better than average while ignoring the actual results? You want to know why Mullen is doing good in the portal? Its because he can't close on high school kids. So when these kids get to the other schools that are recruiting high school kids and can't compete, UF is a good option because there isn't anything but a bunch of 3* to compete for playing time against.

Do you want a banner for this? We can hang it next to Peach Bowl Champions and Only Lost to Bama by 6 banners. 8-4 last year. 8 and freaking 4. What a ridiculous waste.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen has been quite successful in the transfer portal. Saying otherwise is not paying attention to the facts. It's hard to say he is the best at it or not, a few other schools have been successful with it as well.
The most successful programs recruit really well then use the transfer portal to get rid of the garbage so they dont butt against the 85 limit and sign another 25.

But I guess you could say Ole Douchebag Dan built his 6-6 roster to 8-4 with all his success.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can't do what? Just look at a part of the program that is better than average while ignoring the actual results? You want to know why Mullen is doing good in the portal? Its because he can't close on high school kids. So when these kids get to the other schools that are recruiting high school kids and can't compete, UF is a good option because there isn't anything but a bunch of 3* to compete for playing time against.

Do you want a banner for this? We can hang it next to Peach Bowl Champions and Only Lost to Bama by 6 banners. 8-4 last year. 8 and freaking 4. What a ridiculous waste.

Wasting your time. You guys keep trying to move forward, but it's futile. Let's face it. There's no getting around Joegator's arguments.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
It's been a problem for a while with lagator. We've tried to reign him in over and over with no success. Ox even tried to do an intervention on here a few years back, but the only person that showed up was Pasty, which actually made things worse. Everything points to hard drugs and at this point, frankly, we're out of ideas.
It was pretty cool. He brought a bottle of Pappy. But for some reason he insisted we drink it with a chaser of Plax oral rinse. Eclectic gentleman indeed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The most successful programs recruit really well then use the transfer portal to get rid of the garbage so they dont butt against the 85 limit and sign another 25.

But I guess you could say Ole Douchebag Dan built his 6-6 roster to 8-4 with all his success.
I have posted multiple times how I feel the transfer portal should be used compared to recruiting. And there is a reason we are still rely on it to field a team.

Championship teams build through the draft/recruiting and fill those interchangeable parts and last over the top pieces with Free Agency/portal. Bad teams rely too much on Free Agency/Portal for the essential positions.

In 2018 and 2019 he got a pass due to Butters, we are in 2021 now.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We use the transfer portal to fill holes wide enough to make t's mom blush.

Half the kids we pull from it are using it as a parachute from other schools they aren't good enough to play for.

Transfer portal u... Woof....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Half the kids we pull from it are using it as a parachute from other schools they aren't good enough to play for.
more than half. it's hard to think of any exceptions, although I don't know much about the Penn State kid. if things are going well, you don't quit.

Reese was still starting but he had been moved from tackle to guard.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
more than half. it's hard to think of any exceptions, although I don't know much about the Penn State kid. if things are going well, you don't quit.

Reese was still starting but he had been moved from tackle to guard.
cox comes to mind. Ohhh, mullen gets a 5*, woohoo!!!

After last season it's obvious why the dwags discarded him. Hes not terrible, but he damn sure ain't no 5*

Will see with Bowman, but the only kid we've gotten out of it so far that was worth celebrating was van Jefferson.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After last season it's obvious why the dwags discarded him. Hes not terrible, but he damn sure ain't no 5*
Cox was absolutely terrible versus the run. Or, unplayable as the analyst put it in the article from a couple days ago.

Yes, Van Jefferson was a great pickup. Too bad we only.managed 500 yards from him but that is what Douchebag does. However, Jefferson stuck in the 3rd or 4th receiver slot at Ole Miss. he was only getting a few hundred yards a year there too.

Greenard was stellar. I would take a whole stack of Greenards. His work ethic and professionalism were contagious. Ditto.for Jefferson. Wish we'd had Greenard more than one year. But he had lost his outside linebacker ( too slow really) position and the new coach was not playing hybrids at defensive end. We were damn lucky.

The rest have been roster fluff.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Can't wait to see him ride the bench for the next few years because he doesn't have seniority and then when he finally does have seniority I can't wait to watch him block for the QB.
Will you cheer when he breaks a 50 yd TD run or will you whine that he should not play over the Sr RB? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you will whine!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will you cheer when he breaks a 50 yd TD run or will you whine that he should not play over the Sr RB? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you will whine!
We got us another :pe: who loves being the 4th best team in the SEC West.

Did you buy yourself a SEC CG participation trophy too?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Cox was absolutely terrible versus the run. Or, unplayable as the analyst put it in the article from a couple days ago.

Yes, Van Jefferson was a great pickup. Too bad we only.managed 500 yards from him but that is what Douchebag does. However, Jefferson stuck in the 3rd or 4th receiver slot at Ole Miss. he was only getting a few hundred yards a year there too.

Greenard was stellar. I would take a whole stack of Greenards. His work ethic and professionalism were contagious. Ditto.for Jefferson. Wish we'd had Greenard more than one year. But he had lost his outside linebacker ( too slow really) position and the new coach was not playing hybrids at defensive end. We were damn lucky.

The rest have been roster fluff.
Ah yes, greenard. Forgot about him. Maybe bc he was here for 1 whole season. That's the real problem with the stupid portal.

Meanwhile joe is jerking himself off to mr 8-4 with a Heisman caliber qb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator