Trask or Allen next year as starting QB?

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
As it stands now, I would say number one Malik Zaire, then Toney and who knows who Mullen brings in or develops from within (Trask, Allen, Franks).

fasonfan

Jesus Saves
Nov 1, 2017
So, did we have bad coaching or not?

I'm very confused.

All year I've heard nearly every poster b!tch and complain about how horrible Mac and Nuss were doing at their respective jobs. And if you subscribe to that notion, how then can you turn and be so harsh towards the QB? I understand that Franks looked pretty bad, but doesn't poor coaching affects a player's ability to perform? Especially a Freshman playing in his first collegiate games.

I'm not saying that Franks will grow into an NFL caliber player, but I'm willing to hold off on passing judgement until I see what he looks like with proper coaching. I feel like that about all the players. Mac failed these kids. Let's see what Mullen can get out of them.
bingo. People complain on both sides but you can't have it that way. They say its the coaches and QBs fault well well which is it? Seriously haven't had a good QB since Tebow so I'm thinking it's coaching and I'm giving Franks one more shot next year.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
We're seriously screwed - pending unforeseeable developments. Maybe Mullen pulls a rabbit out of his hat, but I'm not holding my breath. When everybody DM offered said no thanks, losing Corral became a huge concern. Too bad, but facts are facts and we don't have anyone on campus with the physical tools AND the mental wherewithal to run that offense. Corral wasn't a perfect fit by any means, but he's far more talented than anyone currently on the roster. If he has real character issues, that are documented by someone who doesn't have an axe to grind, then fine, maybe we are better off without him. But the fact remains, we don't have jack at QB. Prepare yourselves for a long, difficult path back to respectability. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think so.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Get a grip would ya?! Sky is falling for some of you on that ledge. Just see what happens. Trust the process...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dak was a borderline 3 star prospect IF even that. He was a total project and look what Mullens did with him. We will get a good QB developed no doubt about it baby dolls!!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Trask & Allen seems poorly suited for Mullen. He was able (with Tebow) to work with Leak but it clearly wasn’t ideal.

If Mullen decides he can work with Franks I’ll wait and see what comes of that. He has a great arm. Simplified reads might suit him a lot better. His long, loping stride looks awkward but he covers a lot of ground quickly.

Toney has “it”. I think t was Swonkey, maybe Instigator, that noted Toney’s HS completion percentage was actually more indicative of success at this level than Franks. He can really run and seems to read/react very efficiently.

Zaire doesn’t have “it”. He’s ok as a backup.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Trask & Allen seems poorly suited for Mullen. He was able (with Tebow) to work with Leak but it clearly wasn’t ideal.

If Mullen decides he can work with Franks I’ll wait and see what comes of that. He has a great arm. Simplified reads might suit him a lot better. His long, loping stride looks awkward but he covers a lot of ground quickly.

Toney has “it”. I think t was Swonkey, maybe Instigator, that noted Toney’s HS completion percentage was actually more indicative of success at this level than Franks. He can really run and seems to read/react very efficiently.

Zaire doesn’t have “it”. He’s ok as a backup.
I think toney's the only one on the roster that has that "it" factor or mental make up to play qb at this level. Durability is the biggest concern with him. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about him changing positions till spring though.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Driskeling, Google coaches, and EABOD. I've been on here less than two months and y'all have expanded my vocabulary by three terms.

NTTAWWT

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We're seriously screwed - pending unforeseeable developments. Maybe Mullen pulls a rabbit out of his hat, but I'm not holding my breath. When everybody DM offered said no thanks, losing Corral became a huge concern. Too bad, but facts are facts and we don't have anyone on campus with the physical tools AND the mental wherewithal to run that offense. Corral wasn't a perfect fit by any means, but he's far more talented than anyone currently on the roster. If he has real character issues, that are documented by someone who doesn't have an axe to grind, then fine, maybe we are better off without him. But the fact remains, we don't have jack at QB. Prepare yourselves for a long, difficult path back to respectability. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think so.

:ohnoez:
:chickenlittle:
tenor.gif

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We're seriously screwed - pending unforeseeable developments. Maybe Mullen pulls a rabbit out of his hat, but I'm not holding my breath. When everybody DM offered said no thanks, losing Corral became a huge concern.

I'm not so worried about Corral now. If he is decommitting for probation laced Ole Piss, then there is more to the story than probably any of us know. Sounds like more Drama. Perhaps the bagman and pot mask are still in Oxford.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Trask has the build and put 15 lbs on Frank's and he's 6'6 240 lbs. If I remember correctly didn't Trask break a few long runs in his first O & B game against the 1st string D? Going to be interesting this off season to see what develops. Franks is probably our best shot as far as game experience goes. No matter how you look at it this is a pretty scary situation we have at QB once again.
Go Gators!!!

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I do actually kinda feel like jumping out of a window when I watch Franks play.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's hilarious to read the "logic" behind some of the posts here. Frankly, we don't have a single quarterback on the roster who's anywhere near ready to run Mullen's offense. I hope the rest of you are ready to adjust your expectations for 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator